I hope Flores gets the Texans job in spite of his Miami exit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope Flores gets the Texans job in spite of his Miami exit

For the last week, or few days, this forum has turned into a political war room with many opinions that at times leave me with a distaste. Specially those in political, and racial nature. Or even passive attacks that have flew through the radar. Regardless if you feel like the lawsuit is baseless or not, the allegations brought forward have strong merits to be considered against all parties involved. The Rooney rule is a great rule, but as former quarterback and current Washington executive Doug Williams said, “It’s the people, not the rule”. And in multiple occasions I seen members simply say things like, “ohh they are pulling the race card”, or even gone to the extend to personally attacking Flores. Some of these comments are disgusting, and perhaps made by members that lack any kind of consideration to the struggle that minorities go through. And Flores being a minority, had success here in this team, and left with results.

Flores is a coach that brought this team to two straight winning seasons. A long time assistant to a previous franchise with a lot of success that is more than well qualified to be a head coach, something that everyone agreed with after he was fired. I was ok with us letting him go, but this franchise was doomed under the same misguided regime before he got here. With that said, for all of those attacking him low right now in this forum, I hope you end up biting your own tongues. Perhaps the Texans might turn that franchise around with him if they hire him. He was literally praised here for the last two seasons, but then now people are being hypocrites now that he was fired by an incompetent owner that has brought no success to his team.

One of my problems with Flo is he seemed professionally manic/depressive. Start of season he was depressive. Lost obviously winnable games, mostly due to poor coaching. Then he turned manic - good game plans, players prepared, winning games. Not saying the 'manic' Flo made no bad decisions, but, in general, seasons had those two phases. I can come up with theories for this, but the consistency of it was troubling.
That said, I have no ill will towards him and if he can make a career in the NFL, good for him. He'd get DW - what rumors claim he always wanted

The Superbowl halftime show is going to get interesting maybe Flo can be a masked singer/Rapper

For the last week, or few days, this forum has turned into a political war room with many opinions that at times leave me with a distaste. Specially those in political, and racial nature. Or even passive attacks that have flew through the radar. Regardless if you feel like the lawsuit is baseless or not, the allegations brought forward have strong merits to be considered against all parties involved. The Rooney rule is a great rule, but as former quarterback and current Washington executive Doug Williams said, “It’s the people, not the rule”. And in multiple occasions I seen members simply say things like, “ohh they are pulling the race card”, or even gone to the extend to personally attacking Flores. Some of these comments are disgusting, and perhaps made by members that lack any kind of consideration to the struggle that minorities go through. And Flores being a minority, had success here in this team, and left with results.

Flores is a coach that brought this team to two straight winning seasons. A long time assistant to a previous franchise with a lot of success that is more than well qualified to be a head coach, something that everyone agreed with after he was fired. I was ok with us letting him go, but this franchise was doomed under the same misguided regime before he got here. With that said, for all of those attacking him low right now in this forum, I hope you end up biting your own tongues. Perhaps the Texans might turn that franchise around with him if they hire him. He was literally praised here for the last two seasons, but then now people are being hypocrites now that he was fired by an incompetent owner that has brought no success to his team.

There are no merits to allegations until the evidence is brought forward.

All we know is Flores alleges the NFL is systematically racist and that Ross incentivized to losing in 2019.

**** him. He's a whiny bitch. He got fired because he wasnt a good coach, not because he's black but of course, in his mind that's the reason why. I hope he never works again

One of my problems with Flo is he seemed professionally manic/depressive. Start of season he was depressive. Lost obviously winnable games, mostly due to poor coaching. Then he turned manic - good game plans, players prepared, winning games. Not saying the 'manic' Flo made no bad decisions, but, in general, seasons had those two phases. I can come up with theories for this, but the consistency of it was troubling.
That said, I have no ill will towards him and if he can make a career in the NFL, good for him. He'd get DW - what rumors claim he always wanted
The season had a whole bunch of crappy teams lined up like dominos. Way too much is made of the winning streak. The Ravens were not a good team this year and Lamar Jackson's ceiling his falling down upon the Ravens future. That was the One signature win that seems way less 'signature' in retrospect.
Flores sucks and glad to be rid of that mumbling, stammering prick.
Can we hire somebody who can finish one sentence without 3 'um's?

Really? You think Danny Snyder wanted his team to be called the Commodores or Commanders or what ever?
What has happened to Miami and Washington as franchises? These are the two most dysfunctional franchises both on and off the field. Washington is literally the Miami of the NFC. Coincidence both of their owners may be forced to sell when it’s all said and done?

Flores is 100% correct about the Good Ol Boys Network and the "Plantation mentality" sports owners have.

Should he have gone about it differently? Probably

I thought after he beat NE to finish with a winning record, he earned another year until I found out that he stopped communicating with his assistant coaches after the 7th loss which is why he got fired. Is it like when you and your significant other are mad at each other and stop talking for a couple of days? IDK he preaches one thing and ...

Winning 8 out of 9 games in the NFL isn’t easy regardless of the opponent…..so I don’t take that away from any coach

with Flores, I think he does himself a disservice by throwing in pettiness into his claims by adding Ross and the Denver situation…..which takes away from the main issue of diversity in the HC ranks of the NFL.

It feels like he wants payback for not getting the Denver job and getting fired from Miami and by now blaming BB for not getting the job in NY, it just further adds to this being about his personal grievances instead of the larger issue of diversity, which I think most reasonable people can agree is a problem.

In some ways, I think Flores has actually proven the Fins to be right on the rumored reasons for his firing……toxic work environment, hostile to others, doesn’t work well with the staff, petty grievances leading to dismissing coaches…..etc. I think he would be better served focusing on the Giants situation which in my opinion has a better chance of being the case study to bring about some change in the NFL hiring policies.

Winning 8 out of 9 games in the NFL isn’t easy regardless of the opponent…..so I don’t take that away from any coach
It is when you’re playing against, Joe Flacco, Zach Wilson, Ian Book, Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Mike Glennon etc so easy In fact that even Miami can do that with no O-line and horrific offense.

Most average teams and above would have won 8 out of 9 much easier than Miami did against said competition.

I hope he takes some time off, gets perspective, and learns that not everything is someone else's fault. Then comes back and tries for a job. Until/Unless he does that, he won't succeed.

You can't continue using your position to be a prick to everyone without Karma eventually taking notice. Hopefully bad JUJU will now attach to him like super glue!

Back
Top Bottom