I hope Flores gets the Texans job in spite of his Miami exit | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope Flores gets the Texans job in spite of his Miami exit

Heres the really dumb thing about brady meeting. They never met on the yacht and flores was on patriots staff for over 15 years. He did not have to meet with brady to begin with. Clear he did not want brady on his team but supports owner calling watson asexual predator. Flo did not say one thing about watson fiasco cause he supported it. Lets talk about his dumb decisions

It’s a shame this crap is taking away from the teams that made the super bowl. No one talking about sb matchups or anything.
The Dolphin forum isn’t where discussion of the two teams in the SB should be discussed anyway. There is an NFL forum for those discussions. Until the Dolphins make the SB, I really don’t care about those teams who are in the SB.

For the last week, or few days, this forum has turned into a political war room with many opinions that at times leave me with a distaste. Specially those in political, and racial nature. Or even passive attacks that have flew through the radar. Regardless if you feel like the lawsuit is baseless or not, the allegations brought forward have strong merits to be considered against all parties involved. The Rooney rule is a great rule, but as former quarterback and current Washington executive Doug Williams said, “It’s the people, not the rule”. And in multiple occasions I seen members simply say things like, “ohh they are pulling the race card”, or even gone to the extend to personally attacking Flores. Some of these comments are disgusting, and perhaps made by members that lack any kind of consideration to the struggle that minorities go through. And Flores being a minority, had success here in this team, and left with results.

Flores is a coach that brought this team to two straight winning seasons. A long time assistant to a previous franchise with a lot of success that is more than well qualified to be a head coach, something that everyone agreed with after he was fired. I was ok with us letting him go, but this franchise was doomed under the same misguided regime before he got here. With that said, for all of those attacking him low right now in this forum, I hope you end up biting your own tongues. Perhaps the Texans might turn that franchise around with him if they hire him. He was literally praised here for the last two seasons, but then now people are being hypocrites now that he was fired by an incompetent owner that has brought no success to his team.
As I posted in another thread, how many advantages did Flores have in those back to back seasons? He helped organizationally tank in 2019 so he ended up with a top 5 pick, a horde of other picks from trading his Pro Bowl LT and future All Pro x2 S, and spent the most money in FA history at the time in 2020, which they had all that cap space from tanking.

My issue with Flores is he was part of the organization tanking. Many of us here said his job as a coach is to win with the players given, which he did in 2019 and had many luxuries in 2020 & 2021 because of that.

If Tua was tearing it up or OL wasn’t a disaster, so we made the playoffs then you wouldn’t have heard a peep about all this. Don’t play martyr now about integrity of the game because the wheels on the rebuild fell off imo.

Edit - BTW Flores isn’t alleging racist hiring practices against the Dolphins. It’s integrity of the game allegations which I believe Flores because Ross was already happily paying Flores that year with no expectations to actually win games.

Last edited:
I didn’t want Watson before the allegations and even posted can you imagine Watson working with cutthroat Flores?

Remember Watson is technically holding out after signing a brand new extension because of lack of “respect” from the organization.

Even Tua had enough disrespect to reportedly curse back at Flores lol

The Dolphin forum isn’t where discussion of the two teams in the SB should be discussed anyway. There is an NFL forum for those discussions. Until the Dolphins make the SB, I really don’t care about those teams who are in the SB.
Unless it directly pertains to Miami like getting players or coaches from them.

There are no merits to allegations until the evidence is brought forward.

All we know is Flores alleges the NFL is systematically racist and that Ross incentivized to losing in 2019.

Merits of the case don't matter at all. All that matters is the emotions of the jurors. You get a jury full of the right kind of people, Flores doesn't need evidence, he just needs feelings. See: recent refusal to convict a dead to rights home invasion murder in Davie because of jury nullification. If jurors are willing to straight up nullify a home invasion murder trial with damning evidence for emotional reasons, do you think they can't find a handful of people to force the NFL to cough up some dough?

You're living in a post-rational world. Buckle up. The NFL knows this and I expect Ross and the Dolphins to get thrown under the bus.

Well said OP. People with racism and evil in their hearts will never get it.

Culture shock if he is hired by the Texans one of the worst racist orgs. in the NFL

I never raved about him as our HC. Those losing streaks and his game time decisions made my mind up.
Good luck to him in whatever he does but I won't be following his grievances on any NFL storyline because he's an EX Dolphins HC and I'm more interested in the next HC right now. His grievance with the NFL will rumble on for a long time.

I never raved about him as our HC. Those losing streaks and his game time decisions made my mind up.
Good luck to him in whatever he does but I won't be following his grievances on any NFL storyline because he's an EX Dolphins HC and I'm more interested in the next HC right now. His grievance with the NFL will rumble on for a long time.
Flores was 4-17 in September and October as HC. That’s why he never made the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom