I hope Flores gets the Texans job in spite of his Miami exit | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope Flores gets the Texans job in spite of his Miami exit

1) He was a ****ty *** coach to begin with. I could have led the team to most of the wins the wins did. Not hard facing Ian Book caliber QB for 6-7 game stretches and only beating a couple half decentbteams in 3 years.

2) Racism should be stomped out. However, nothing about his situation has to do with racism. He's inserting himself and taking down innocent people.

3) Did I mention he's he's ****ty *** coach? Probably why he won't get another job and will fail if he does. Unless he gets matched with a truly elite QB.
What innocent people are you referring to?

He'll have to go through arbitration. Goodell will make sure somebody hires him and promise all kinds of changes.
I doubt Goodall has the power to force any owner to hire Flores. He works for the owners, they don’t work for him.

If Flores is hired, it will be because the owner and GM who hire him believe he is the best head coach for the job. Not because Goodall told them to hire him. If he doesn’t get another head coaching job, it will be because no team thinks he is the best candidate available.

For the last week, or few days, this forum has turned into a political war room with many opinions that at times leave me with a distaste. Specially those in political, and racial nature. Or even passive attacks that have flew through the radar. Regardless if you feel like the lawsuit is baseless or not, the allegations brought forward have strong merits to be considered against all parties involved. The Rooney rule is a great rule, but as former quarterback and current Washington executive Doug Williams said, “It’s the people, not the rule”. And in multiple occasions I seen members simply say things like, “ohh they are pulling the race card”, or even gone to the extend to personally attacking Flores. Some of these comments are disgusting, and perhaps made by members that lack any kind of consideration to the struggle that minorities go through. And Flores being a minority, had success here in this team, and left with results.

Flores is a coach that brought this team to two straight winning seasons. A long time assistant to a previous franchise with a lot of success that is more than well qualified to be a head coach, something that everyone agreed with after he was fired. I was ok with us letting him go, but this franchise was doomed under the same misguided regime before he got here. With that said, for all of those attacking him low right now in this forum, I hope you end up biting your own tongues. Perhaps the Texans might turn that franchise around with him if they hire him. He was literally praised here for the last two seasons, but then now people are being hypocrites now that he was fired by an incompetent owner that has brought no success to his team.
The responses to your post certainly drives home your point

For the last week, or few days, this forum has turned into a political war room with many opinions that at times leave me with a distaste. Specially those in political, and racial nature. Or even passive attacks that have flew through the radar. Regardless if you feel like the lawsuit is baseless or not, the allegations brought forward have strong merits to be considered against all parties involved. The Rooney rule is a great rule, but as former quarterback and current Washington executive Doug Williams said, “It’s the people, not the rule”. And in multiple occasions I seen members simply say things like, “ohh they are pulling the race card”, or even gone to the extend to personally attacking Flores. Some of these comments are disgusting, and perhaps made by members that lack any kind of consideration to the struggle that minorities go through. And Flores being a minority, had success here in this team, and left with results.

Flores is a coach that brought this team to two straight winning seasons. A long time assistant to a previous franchise with a lot of success that is more than well qualified to be a head coach, something that everyone agreed with after he was fired. I was ok with us letting him go, but this franchise was doomed under the same misguided regime before he got here. With that said, for all of those attacking him low right now in this forum, I hope you end up biting your own tongues. Perhaps the Texans might turn that franchise around with him if they hire him. He was literally praised here for the last two seasons, but then now people are being hypocrites now that he was fired by an incompetent owner that has brought no success to his team.

He’s an idiot. Period. I don’t care what color he is. I hope he never coaches in this league again to be honest….But I really don’t care one way or the other. I’m sorry if opinions contrary to yours trigger you…. But he wasn’t successful here and deserved to be fired especially after what it was like to work with him became public.

Hey J, please understand that most folks put things in the context they can relate to, and sometimes this can manifest as something it really isn't.

There is a Pathology with Mr Flores, that, if a person denies, shows that this person either is ignorant (lacking knowledge) or they have an agenda. If you check you will find the same folks calling out Mr Flores now, are the ones who were shocked and offended at what he did with K. Stills. Everyone who looked at him in a purely clinical sense, knew something was wrong, now how to express that, well again sometimes it can go sideways.

The fact that he won more games than lost, is a statistic, and frankly not that great, about "middlin", but the fact that he was disruptive, and could not get along with others is a really bad trait for a head coach. The two main businesses I have had, have allowed me to deal with employees in general, stick 'em in a corner, leave 'em alone, but head coach is not like that. I heard K. Johnson talking about Bill B, basically saying "the guy you see at press conferences is not the guy who he really is" "he just hates pressers", so as opposed to Bill B, I believe that. Mr Flores pathology will not allow him to either collaborate or communicate, and there is ample evidence for this view, so it is about TEAM, and as the saying goes there is no I in team.

The Ever Communicative VIPER

This was a good non-biased post. Where things got out of hand was constant leaking of information about Flores being difficult to work with, from causing a toxic work environment, him not speaking to his staff for 8 weeks an, he drove away Caldwell and his hatred for Tua. These stories kept coming and beat writers and podcasts ran with it believing it was true. Flores does come off as a no-nonsense coach but so is Belichick, Harbaugh, and Saban which is nothing new he wasn't the first HC to be described like this and he won't be the last but when it's all said and done the picture painted by the Miami Dolphins was that Flores was a bad human being and in his mind, he was a qualified coach was not getting a fair opportunity. I knew when we fired him that were going to regret it. I just didn't know it will come this fast and the impact it was going to cause.

He's suing for damages on a wide range of accusations, I assumed he would get a jury trial, but I am not an employment lawyer, which is why I added the caveat 'if that's the case.'

Guess he can just hope for a millennial judge.

:shrug:
It’s really difficult to win in these cases without a smoking gun, and his allegations so far don’t rise to that level or even close. Especially against the Dolphins. But, I don’t think that either he or his attorneys are aiming for a trial.

Hey J, please understand that most folks put things in the context they can relate to, and sometimes this can manifest as something it really isn't.

There is a Pathology with Mr Flores, that, if a person denies, shows that this person either is ignorant (lacking knowledge) or they have an agenda. If you check you will find the same folks calling out Mr Flores now, are the ones who were shocked and offended at what he did with K. Stills. Everyone who looked at him in a purely clinical sense, knew something was wrong, now how to express that, well again sometimes it can go sideways.

The fact that he won more games than lost, is a statistic, and frankly not that great, about "middlin", but the fact that he was disruptive, and could not get along with others is a really bad trait for a head coach. The two main businesses I have had, have allowed me to deal with employees in general, stick 'em in a corner, leave 'em alone, but head coach is not like that. I heard K. Johnson talking about Bill B, basically saying "the guy you see at press conferences is not the guy who he really is" "he just hates pressers", so as opposed to Bill B, I believe that. Mr Flores pathology will not allow him to either collaborate or communicate, and there is ample evidence for this view, so it is about TEAM, and as the saying goes there is no I in team.

The Ever Communicative VIPER

This right here is a prime example of what I am talking about. As a reminder never in NFL history has a team lost 7 games in a row and in the same season go on a 7 game win streak, typically the teams would continue to lose. With that said here is a list of coaches who are known to be difficult to work with Bruce Arians, Mike Shanahan, Jim Harbaugh, and Jeff Fisher are guys that come to mind and they all got second opportunities.

I doubt Goodall has the power to force any owner to hire Flores. He works for the owners, they don’t work for him.

If Flores is hired, it will be because the owner and GM who hire him believe he is the best head coach for the job. Not because Goodall told them to hire him. If he doesn’t get another head coaching job, it will be because no team thinks he is the best candidate available.
Goodell doesn't have the power, but he canand will ask someone "for the good of the league". Flores will get him hired, even if it's at a DC position.

This right here is a prime example of what I am talking about. As a reminder never in NFL history has a team lost 7 games in a row and in the same season go on a 7 game win streak, typically the teams would continue to lose. With that said here is a list of coaches who are known to be difficult to work with Bruce Arians, Mike Shanahan, Jim Harbaugh, and Jeff Fisher are guys that come to mind and they all got second opportunities.
Hey, W, difficult is one thing, Psychological Pathology is another. Unless you believe that, K Stills, not communicating with staff, the obvious problem between him and C Grier, the firings and leaving of a plethora of offensive staff, etc. are not true and these things are all unsubstantiated rumors, really if this is the case we have nothing to discuss.

The Ever Have A Great Day VIPER

If I were Houston I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. He is after all suing the Texans along with every other team as as part of his case. How the hell can the team employ someone who is suing them?
Another reason would be his petulance after the claimed Belicheat support of Daboll over him. Let’s assume Belicheat was asked by the Giants, what’s the big deal, preferring Daboll over him. Being as BB had employed both of them he is probably a good judge.
The timing of BB’s text yep, that might look odd but that issue is between Flo and the Giants.
Let’s see if BB gives him another job.

I think you're smoking barracuda brains or something.

Seriously? Have you ever watched Flores coach during a game? He is clueless. No clue when to call timeouts, when to go for it on 4th and short, when to kick a FG or go for it. When to punt or go for it. When and how to use timeouts. How to do a 2 minute drill. What play to call when you need a 1st down( lets use Brissett good grief).
In 40 years of watching the Fins he is the worst at game day decisions.
Arians, Shanahan, Harbaugh are rocket scientists compared to Flores.

Seriously? Have you ever watched Flores coach during a game? He is clueless. No clue when to call timeouts, when to go for it on 4th and short, when to kick a FG or go for it. When to punt or go for it. When and how to use timeouts. How to do a 2 minute drill. What play to call when you need a 1st down( lets use Brissett good grief).
Hey R, "well there is that" :UP::UP::UP:

The Ever Analytical VIPER

Yep
Plenty of reasons there to wish him on another team, preferably an AFC East one

Back
Top Bottom