I hope Flores gets the Texans job in spite of his Miami exit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope Flores gets the Texans job in spite of his Miami exit

Flores was 4-17 in September and October as HC. That’s why he never made the playoffs.
Yup. Those losing streaks basically wrecked the seasons. You cannot start like that and expect any success. OK having the winning run this year because it kept it interesting but when it mattered once again the team didn't show up. That's why I'm happy Flores is gone.

Merits of the case don't matter at all. All that matters is the emotions of the jurors. You get a jury full of the right kind of people, Flores doesn't need evidence, he just needs feelings. See: recent refusal to convict a dead to rights home invasion murder in Davie because of jury nullification. If jurors are willing to straight up nullify a home invasion murder trial with damning evidence for emotional reasons, do you think they can't find a handful of people to force the NFL to cough up some dough?

You're living in a post-rational world. Buckle up. The NFL knows this and I expect Ross and the Dolphins to get thrown under the bus.

If Flores's attorneys are hoping to get a sympathy/emotional verdict that's a lot of time and cost to put into a case that can go bust in voir dire.

I will try to avoid comment either way until i see the evidence, OP seemed to have their mind made up and that was the intent of my original response.

The NFL and Ross are not going to fold, this would be a crack in the dam if they conceded to Flores.

Merits of the case don't matter at all. All that matters is the emotions of the jurors. You get a jury full of the right kind of people, Flores doesn't need evidence, he just needs feelings. See: recent refusal to convict a dead to rights home invasion murder in Davie because of jury nullification. If jurors are willing to straight up nullify a home invasion murder trial with damning evidence for emotional reasons, do you think they can't find a handful of people to force the NFL to cough up some dough?

You're living in a post-rational world. Buckle up. The NFL knows this and I expect Ross and the Dolphins to get thrown under the bus.
That's not the way employment discrimination cases work, which is why most fail. Flores has a decent chance at a settlement, due to the NFL wanting to conceal potentially embarrassing behavior. But he's not winning this on the merits, based on the information available so far.

Flores has no chance of ever working in the NFL again. An NFL team would not hire him to be a post game jizz mopper in the restrooms. Why would anyone risk getting hit with a lawsuit just to employ a coach who isn't even that good to begin with? There are literally dozens of candidates with resumes just as good or better than Flores. He just ended his career with this lawsuit.

He likely knew he had no future as an NFL HC because he found it nearly impossible to put a staff together on the contingency that he was hired, and so he decided to go the shakedown route to get a payday.

As for the thread, as soon as Flores actually alleges any racist discrimination by the Dolphins (not the league, not other teams, but the Dolphins), then I'll begin evaluating his claims. I'd also want our black GM to share his thoughts on whatever allegations of racism are thrown out there. Until then, I'm not going to condemn the team or its management because Flores chose to include them in this matter out of spite.

But this thread isn't really about Flores or the Texans, it's about attention.

Agree. Rationality in 21st Century America is laughable at best

I think for many it’s both true that there is an issue with the disproportionate amount of black coaches and GMs in the league which Flores lawsuit highlights correctly AND Flores is a dick who was hard to work for as evidenced by his ever revolving staff and treatment of players and staff (Stills, O Shea, Flaherty, Van Noy, Tua, etc).

These both can be true simultaneously. So for some including myself it naturally leads me to wonder if Flores is doing this for change or because his ego was offended. Are his intentions genuine?

His ESPN interview when he said he was born to be a coach and was a leader men made me cringe because we’ve as Dolphin fans went through things like the Stills incident, his jettisoning of Minkah, and his fractured relationship with Tua. And don’t get me started on if he really did want Watson.

Anyways, just my two cents. Bottom line. It’s more complicated than it seems and Flores lawsuit feels both needed and personally but unjustifiably spiteful.

I didn't want him fired, and wished him well after he left. I also sympathise with him for any discrimination he has suffered. The fact that he has waited until leaving us to try and take us down from the outside about alleged tanking though? Get in the bin.

That's not the way employment discrimination cases work, which is why most fail. Flores has a decent chance at a settlement, due to the NFL wanting to conceal potentially embarrassing behavior. But he's not winning this on the merits, based on the information available so far.

He's suing for damages on a wide range of accusations, I assumed he would get a jury trial, but I am not an employment lawyer, which is why I added the caveat 'if that's the case.'

Guess he can just hope for a millennial judge.

:shrug:

For the last week, or few days, this forum has turned into a political war room with many opinions that at times leave me with a distaste. Specially those in political, and racial nature. Or even passive attacks that have flew through the radar. Regardless if you feel like the lawsuit is baseless or not, the allegations brought forward have strong merits to be considered against all parties involved. The Rooney rule is a great rule, but as former quarterback and current Washington executive Doug Williams said, “It’s the people, not the rule”. And in multiple occasions I seen members simply say things like, “ohh they are pulling the race card”, or even gone to the extend to personally attacking Flores. Some of these comments are disgusting, and perhaps made by members that lack any kind of consideration to the struggle that minorities go through. And Flores being a minority, had success here in this team, and left with results.

Flores is a coach that brought this team to two straight winning seasons. A long time assistant to a previous franchise with a lot of success that is more than well qualified to be a head coach, something that everyone agreed with after he was fired. I was ok with us letting him go, but this franchise was doomed under the same misguided regime before he got here. With that said, for all of those attacking him low right now in this forum, I hope you end up biting your own tongues. Perhaps the Texans might turn that franchise around with him if they hire him. He was literally praised here for the last two seasons, but then now people are being hypocrites now that he was fired by an incompetent owner that has brought no success to his team.

I’m not sure how you can claim Flores had success as a head coach by having two winning seasons and yet the owner who hired him has not had any success. Seems contradictory to me.
If in fact Ross has had no success, as you claim. He was right to fire Flores and try to hire a HC who will hopefully bring success to this organization.

He's suing for damages on a wide range of accusations, I assumed he would get a jury trial, but I am not an employment lawyer, which is why I added the caveat 'if that's the case.'

Guess he can just hope for a millennial judge.

:shrug:
He'll have to go through arbitration. Goodell will make sure somebody hires him and promise all kinds of changes.

For the last week, or few days, this forum has turned into a political war room with many opinions that at times leave me with a distaste. Specially those in political, and racial nature. Or even passive attacks that have flew through the radar. Regardless if you feel like the lawsuit is baseless or not, the allegations brought forward have strong merits to be considered against all parties involved. The Rooney rule is a great rule, but as former quarterback and current Washington executive Doug Williams said, “It’s the people, not the rule”. And in multiple occasions I seen members simply say things like, “ohh they are pulling the race card”, or even gone to the extend to personally attacking Flores. Some of these comments are disgusting, and perhaps made by members that lack any kind of consideration to the struggle that minorities go through. And Flores being a minority, had success here in this team, and left with results.

Flores is a coach that brought this team to two straight winning seasons. A long time assistant to a previous franchise with a lot of success that is more than well qualified to be a head coach, something that everyone agreed with after he was fired. I was ok with us letting him go, but this franchise was doomed under the same misguided regime before he got here. With that said, for all of those attacking him low right now in this forum, I hope you end up biting your own tongues. Perhaps the Texans might turn that franchise around with him if they hire him. He was literally praised here for the last two seasons, but then now people are being hypocrites now that he was fired by an incompetent owner that has brought no success to his team.
Well said

Back
Top Bottom