"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this." - Chris Mortensen regarding Flynn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this." - Chris Mortensen regarding Flynn

Mortensen has long been one of The Tuna's toadies, especially when it came to "leaking" and misdirection as part of his Fins exit strategy with the intent to exonerate BP from as much accountability as possible. To me this looks like a continuation of the same sort of BS blueprint to rehabilitate Parcells' franchise-building reputation. By intimating that the franchise has made bad decisions since his departure, and that the ensuing results have little bearing on the seeds Parcells planted he's continuing to excise Tuna from the malignancy he's largely responsible for creating.

Now, it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong, but I do believe that if Philbin wanted to hitch his HC career wagon to Flynn, he'd be here now. IMO, a face-saving token offer was made to him as an accommodation and courtesy for their years together in order to make Seattle feel better about pursuing him. Otherwise it would have spoken volumes if Philbin had elected to not even to bring him in and make an offer.

"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this. Joe Philbin is the Dolphins head coach, he knows how good Matt Flynn is. I think he wanted Matt Flynn. I think they low bid him, I think the Seahawks stole him. They stole him for a very good price"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/62169/video-roundtable-on-seahawks-matt-flynn

Have to admit I'm still hurt over losing Flynn. Every analyst I've heard seems to be convinced he's the real deal. A starter and potential franchise quarterback. IMHO, I agree, we blew it badly!

Stupid Mortenson. He pretty much said exactly why Flynn isn't here. If Philbin wanted him and thought he was that good, Flynn would be here.

I wonder if he even used his magic 8-ball for how he feels about this?

How will we ever know if Philbin pushed for him, it will always be conjecture on our parts. Just like we still don't know how much of this regimes first drafts were Parcells or Ireland, where exactly do we lay the blame of wasting a second round pick on pat white?

I just want to say that although Ireland CERTAINLY should be held responsible for a lot of the team's personnel mistakes while the Tuna was here, Pat White was 100% on Bill Parcells. The Wildcat was 100% Parcells. That is why the first coaches he hired were David Lee and Dan Henning.

like Vaark said, flynn is philbin's boy. he had to bring him in out of respect, friendship, loyalty, what have you. as far as paying him like a starter when philbin wasn't sure he could beat out matt moore? not happening.

As desperate as Ross is for a QB that will motivate the fan base and sell tickets, Flynn obviously was not the target. If he was, he would be a Dolphin. I like Flynn and thought they would sign him but not doing so says a lot.

As desperate as Ross is for a QB that will motivate the fan base and sell tickets, Flynn obviously was not the target. If he was, he would be a Dolphin. I like Flynn and thought they would sign him but not doing so says a lot.

yea he was the target but they had a budget to work with. Its understandable though because miami didnt want to overpay for an unproven qb, with that said though, i dont think it was about miami in the end, i think it was more about where matt flynn felt more comfortable. Seatle just won him over us, we have a more serious front office thats all about business and from what i hear seatle actualy took the guy out for a beer. It fitted flynns personallity i guess, we have to move on from this, why morteson is even talking about this kinda irks me the wrong way.

Ireland has married our 2012 season to Matt Moore. We all better get used to that.

Thankfully that guarantees us with another losing season, Ireland will finally pay for his myriad of inept moves and overall douchery.

Best thing to do is to pretty much stop listening or stop caring about what the media says. There ya go. They know as much as us...nothing.

Dolphins Fans protesting in front of Dolphins headquarters maybe, and I'm saying maybe give the media reasons to bash us like that....

True, but you have to think if Philbin was REALLY sold on him, the offer would have been enough to get him here. Not just backup money.
Not if there was a disconnect between Ireland and Philbin in terms of his relative value. Ireland probably thought he could get him for cheap based on his limited starting experience and it blew up in his face.

Ross has already come out and said him and ireland are the ones who decide how much money is offered. No matter what philbin said, they werent going to offer an unproven 8 mil a year.
If that's the way this franchise is run then we're screwed and I hope Ross will sell the Dolphins tomorrow! Let's say coach Philbin thinks Flynn is a franchise caliber QB (which I doubt he thinks) and he wants him badly but Ireland and Ross won't pay more than 4 million per year (for a potential franchise QB)? If I were coach Philbin and it happened like that I would have quit right away and run away from that organization as fast and far as I could. Bottom line: no way it happened like this.

Back
Top Bottom