"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this." - Chris Mortensen regarding Flynn | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this." - Chris Mortensen regarding Flynn

"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this. Joe Philbin is the Dolphins head coach, he knows how good Matt Flynn is. I think he wanted Matt Flynn. I think they low bid him, I think the Seahawks stole him. They stole him for a very good price"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/62169/video-roundtable-on-seahawks-matt-flynn

Have to admit I'm still hurt over losing Flynn. Every analyst I've heard seems to be convinced he's the real deal. A starter and potential franchise quarterback. IMHO, I agree, we blew it badly!

I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist it....

clear.gif

I like the AJ Edds comment. AJ EDDs was cut last year afer what I thought was a pretty good preseason of tackling. We picked him in the 4th round and he was supposed to be a very good cover LB that had a history of catching INTS. Well the PATS and Belechick picked him up right away and he is still on the PATS roster.

The PATS have let LB guyton go and have kept EDDs both cover LBs. Now we are inviting Guyton in for interviews. What does that day about our GM? Who knows more about Defense, our GM or Belechick? Another bad taste of letting talent go I say. We still cant cover the good TEs.

2010 may have actually been his worst job he'll ever do, if indeed we are giving him credit for the last two drafts... instead of drafting ryan matthews, earl thomas, jpp, brandon graham, or dez bryant, we trade back and take jared odrick. than with the pick we accumulated, we take koa misi... instead of sean lee, or taylor mays... we missed out twice on safetys to replace an aging yeremiah bell, and now we cut bell and replace him with hot garbage...

take edds in the fourth, expect him to contribute right away than he gets hurt... and than we cut him??? I've still never understood the hurry to cut him. I thought he could have contributed, and at the very least is better than austin spitler...

nolan carrol our next pick is more famous for sal alosi ordering a wall that tripped him than for anything he has done on the field...

i didnt' think much of the 2010 draft... odrick has played decent in his time last year. misi is junk, john jerry hasn't proven jack, edds is gone, nolan carrol is junk, spitler is junk, reshad jones is junk after being considered by some one of the top safety prospects of the draft, I think at one time he even thought he would be a first round pick...

spitler is on PS, and mccoy who was picked before spitler was cut.

what's there to get excited about that draft? last years wasn't much better , but that has been covered to death... so in 3-5 years, we have drafted absolutley no playmakers, or gamechangers on offense or defense..... that doesn't spell winning strategy in my opinion...

we pass on the game changing talent time and time again for lineman, and yet perhaps with the exception of the DL, we still don't have the OL even half figured out, you could argue there is 3 holes on that offense after 5 years. I think I read at one time we've been through like 51 offensive lineman, and we have two solid starters...

this year I am hoping for guys who can make a change on defense or offense... either a qb, WR, or a linebacker/edge rusher..

I disagree with you to a degree on the last two drafts. We have pulled solid value on most of the picks in those drafts. Jones played decent at times last year, but I think it was obvious he belongs at SS (and that's probably why Bell was cut). Odrick is a good player. Not a gamechanger, but he's was one reason our D is strong against the run, and 6 sacks from a 3-4 end is good production. Carroll and Spitler were 5th and 7th round picks. You don't EXPECT those guy to be stars. You expect them to contribute. Both have on ST, and Carroll (who I wanted cut early in the year) really improved in coverage towards the end of the year. Edds got hurt, so there is on telling if he was a decent pick or not. The exceptions are Misi and Jerry, but it is also still early in their careers, and they aren't total busts. Misi is a starter and Jerry a PT starter. Where we agree is that we haven't gotten playmakers. Simply solid players. And I agree that won't get you in the playoffs. That was what I was trying to convey. What I bolded in your post above is absolutely true. We have to get guys that are big time difference makers. The defense is really close to where they need to be. Offense is another story.

I like the AJ Edds comment. AJ EDDs was cut last year afer what I thought was a pretty good preseason of tackling. We picked him in the 4th round and he was supposed to be a very good cover LB that had a history of catching INTS. Well the PATS and Belechick picked him up right away and he is still on the PATS roster.

The PATS have let LB guyton go and have kept EDDs both cover LBs. Now we are inviting Guyton in for interviews. What does that day about our GM? Who knows more about Defense, our GM or Belechick? Another bad taste of letting talent go I say. We still cant cover the good TEs.
AJ Edds is on the Colts roster, not the Patriots.

Pats cut Edds midseason, and he's on the Colts now.

whats low ball about 3 years $26 mil $10 mil guaranteed to flynn??? it's not...seattle protected themselves in that contract but also paid him good money the next 3 years if he proves to be a franchise qb...at the end of year 3 or even 2 they could extend him for the future at even better money...again if he proves worth it

low ball is bringing flynn in knowing he has already been to seattle and knowing per flynns agent what his value wise on the street is and then offering him backup qb money ie $4 mil per and expecting his familiarity with the o and head coach in house to sway him...when a kids coming off a 7th round rookie contract for damn peanuts...thats low ball
$8.7 million per year for a guy you don't believe is a franchise starting QB is good money? This isn't Madden.

My mistake. good he still made a roster. We have some of IOWA coaches so they would have their first hand knowledge of him. Still I thought we should hav ekept Edds and developed him and cut one of our 5 TEs.

whats low ball about 3 years $26 mil $10 mil guaranteed to flynn??? it's not...seattle protected themselves in that contract but also paid him good money the next 3 years if he proves to be a franchise qb...at the end of year 3 or even 2 they could extend him for the future at even better money...again if he proves worth it

low ball is bringing flynn in knowing he has already been to seattle and knowing per flynns agent what his value wise on the street is and then offering him backup qb money ie $4 mil per and expecting his familiarity with the o and head coach in house to sway him...when a kids coming off a 7th round rookie contract for damn peanuts...thats low ball
Yeah, it's almost like they didn't think he was worth very much for some reason...

My mistake. good he still made a roster. We have some of IOWA coaches so they would have their first hand knowledge of him. Still I thought we should hav ekept Edds and developed him and cut one of our 5 TEs.

I don't disagree with that. Maybe they know something about his health we don't though. I was surprised when they cut him myself.

"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this. Joe Philbin is the Dolphins head coach, he knows how good Matt Flynn is. I think he wanted Matt Flynn. I think they low bid him, I think the Seahawks stole him. They stole him for a very good price"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/62169/video-roundtable-on-seahawks-matt-flynn

Have to admit I'm still hurt over losing Flynn. Every analyst I've heard seems to be convinced he's the real deal. A starter and potential franchise quarterback. IMHO, I agree, we blew it badly!

Alot of opinion there and no facts. I think Chris Mortenson is lost.:crazy:

hi football fans

all i have to say about this is if our wounderfull GM Mr Jeff Icanthelpmyself Irland if he
low balled Matt Flynn,
and lost him and he turns out to be the best QB sence Tom Brady, we need to all go to Mr Ross House and demand that jeff irland be Caned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supposedly Burnett and Dansby could cover Te's which they cant. Edds was a horrible overdrafted pick but I do agree they cut him way too soon but we have a history of doing that. I guess we can blame Parcells for the Edds pick because we know Ireland was farmville for his first three years.

I think you need to pay more attention. Your Pouncey's brother -- Marquise? -- was a Pro Bowler as a rookie center in 2010 I think with Pitt. He was the Steeler's first rounder that year. He was injured at least part of last year IIRC.

In 2009 two centers went in the first round: Alex Mack and Eric Wood. Mack made the Pro Bowl last season. Wood was put at RG for a while by the Bills previous regime but was moved back to center in 2010. He got hurt about mid-season in 2011, and was a big reason that the Bills OL went from bad to worse.

The thing about having a good center is that most fans like you don't even know your team has one or how important he is to the offense until he gets hurt and the manure hits the fan.
apples and oranges......Pitt had a great team and just needed a cenetr so they took one.....we had no playmakers and a bunch of holes and took a center.....if a center is all you need then great, but that wasn't the case with us.

Ozzy rules!!

hi football fans

all i have to say about this is if our wounderfull GM Mr Jeff Icanthelpmyself Irland if he
low balled Matt Flynn,
and lost him and he turns out to be the best QB sence Tom Brady, we need to all go to Mr Ross House and demand that jeff irland be Caned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, if he ends up being as good as Tarvaris Jackson, whom they WAY over paid for last year, can we all come to YOUR house and place of business and demand that YOU get canned.

BTW: Maybe a Freudian slip, but Canned is spelled with two n's. You spelled Caned, which is an ancient form of beating somebody with a bamboo cane.... Either way, what is good for he goose, is just as good for the gander.....and I'm not even going to begin to explain that one to you.

Back
Top Bottom