Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
So, in other words, 2/3rds of 300+ yard passing games were wins? 🙂
Fun fact………… right
Also the other teams that lost, the winning team and losing teams scored 25 points or more. Accept maybe 3 games

The 49ers just won a playoff game with Jimmy G... why would this report be accurate.

So, in other words, 2/3rds of 300+ yard passing games were wins? 🙂
First I stated a fun fact without an opinion attached to it and followed it up with a post that suggested a better alternative(passing efficiency) than total yards to measure passing games... Not trying to win anything here... You do what you want with it...

Like it or not, these are conversations we need to have. The Draft class of QBs is not impressive and with the recent comment from Ross "The new HC will decide what to do at the QB position" its something we should at least be thinking about.

Wilson 25-tds 6-ints 103.1 Passer Rating

Jimmy G 20-tds 12-ints 98.7 Passer Rating

If we get McMichael as HC I think the Jimmy G possibility goes up a little.

Both QBs will require a trade to get them here which is an obvious down side.

Looking at impending
Free agents the only interesting QB to me is
Jamis Winston 14 TDs 3 INTs 102.8 passer rating ... he only played 7 games.

Tuas #s in 13 games - 16 tds 10 ints 90.1 passer rating
We will suffer greatly with Jimmy. Being out here in cali i see alot of niners game. That guy will break your heart. If you think tua has untimely turnovers this dude takes the cake. Things will be going well then this dude will have a bonehead turnover. Why do you think the niners are turning to a highly unproven qb instead of him? I would rather roll with tua and thats saying alot

With that list I stick with Tua ... depending on the direction the team takes Jimmy G could be an option (with competition at the position) but, for me, no thanks to a QB in his mid 30's to take over a team that needs an identity.
Jimmy is garbage

Jimmy is garbage
fair enough... I mentioned not liking the list ... I don't believe he's garbage ... that's a ridiculous statement ... he's a human being who has had some success, but injuries keep him as an outlier IMO .... he does have a knack for turnovers for whatever reason ... at 31 or so his best days are behind him but could be a valuable back up and veteran presence if he doesn't get a starting gig.

Give Tua 1 more year to prove himself. Get rid of Briskets and put some real heat on Tua now.
1000% need a better back up, but Tua has had hear on him since he got here. Pretty obvious Flo didn't want him.

I’m ride with Tua in 2022. I don’t think any of the others options are reasonable. No prized QB is coming to the team with the worst OL in the league.

First I stated a fun fact without an opinion attached to it and followed it up with a post that suggested a better alternative(passing efficiency) than total yards to measure passing games... Not trying to win anything here... You do what you want with it...
Curious, What was the average score in those 300+ passing games.

Curious, What was the average score in those 300+ passing games.
I dont know tbh... Im using stock data from statheads and the W/L columns looks like this...

1642534175071.png

You want a franchise qb, not a stop gap. Neither of the qbs do anything for miami considering miami is not loaded with talent. Only Wilson, or Rodgers would be worth a trade but don't want miami to give up the farm for them. I'd say Watson if he didn't have all the legal issues going on. Jimmy G almost blew the game for niners when they had clear control. He has that knack, plus he's very injury prone. Ppl don't like tua getting injured, it wouldn't make sense replacing Tua with a qb more injury prone with jimmy g. Jameis winston would be a stop gap qb if miami didn't have a young qb that might develop

Back
Top Bottom