Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
OL "rankings" are misleading because there are too many nuances affecting an OL's performance.

I consider the Dolphins 2021 OL play to be middle of the pack NFL. Remember, the team won 8 of its last 9 games and that does not happen without effective OL play.
Head in the clouds

I really don't think this is a conversation we need to have.

Tua gets next year. Build around him. Build a line, get a RB upgrade or WRS.

If he flops, we have 2 1sts in 2023 and a team that is better built were you could argue we are a QB away from truly competing.

Trading for anyone, at this point, hinders that IMO.

If we do trade for a QB, it needs to be for a clear and obvious upgrade. Not a Jimmy G, Cousins etc. It needs to be for an Aaron Rodgers type
definitely not Winston either. He's middle of the pack too. Those qbs are stop gap qbs. Miami needs a franchise, top 10 qb to every to perennial playoff contenders.

If I'm a QB, Pitt and NO are the top places that I want to go
maybe indy too. I think Colts are dropping Wentz. Wentz just is a "decent" qb, but not a franchise or top qb. He limited A colts team with talent, good coach, a beast rb that would be in the playoffds if not for wentz or super bowl contenders. Wilson or Rodgers joins Colts, oh man, they'd definitley be superbowl contenders and have a great chance of getting no 1 seed and def winning the division which is weak. Seriously them paired with Taylor? How do you defend that?

fair enough... I mentioned not liking the list ... I don't believe he's garbage ... that's a ridiculous statement ... he's a human being who has had some success, but injuries keep him as an outlier IMO .... he does have a knack for turnovers for whatever reason ... at 31 or so his best days are behind him but could be a valuable back up and veteran presence if he doesn't get a starting gig.
I agree about the backup part. When i said garbage i was referring to his play on the field not as a human. Will he be willing to be a back up is the question
fair enough... I mentioned not liking the list ... I don't believe he's garbage ... that's a ridiculous statement ... he's a human being who has had some success, but injuries keep him as an outlier IMO .... he does have a knack for turnovers for whatever reason ... at 31 or so his best days are behind him but could be a valuable back up and veteran presence if he doesn't get a starting gig.

Many posters have said "this is a conversation we don't need to have"..... Ridiculous!

You always look to improve the football team. Doesn't matter what position it is or how much your in love with a player, every position should be looked at in every offseason.

Its like saying we should stick with Austin Jackson at LT bc if his age and your a fan of his. Everyone wants to get into their feelings whenever Tua gets mentioned.

Even our Owner said the new HC will have the freedom to change the QB if they see fit.
Its really not about Tua, its about what it would cost to get a proven elite QB and the fact we would have no picks or money left to fix the real issues with our offense.

We should just tank a season, get the No.1 pick and draft a generational QB like the one in Cincinnati.

I googled​

2021 NFL 300 Yard Passing Games and there was too much to post, but the average points scored by both teams was 28 to 30 points.​

And what do you make of it?

I'm surprised Jamis Winston isn't getting any interest. Hes a Free Agent so he would cost us nothing, draft capital wise.

He got lasik eye surgery before last season and apparently that really helped him alot, think Wild Thing from Major League.

Before he got injured he was absolutely balling. 14 tds to only 3 ints.... IN 7 GAMES. 2.0 TD per game average. If he played 17 games and kept that up thats 34 TDs and only 8 ints. Joe Burrow had 34 TDs this year. Winston woulda been top 10 in TDs.

You could argue he actually helped the Cowboys get back into the game in the 4th.
Why would anyone even need to argue that? He missed a wide open TD that would have put the game away, then threw an INT, and then got nothing on another drive. If SF wasn't playing against the stupidest team in the league, they lose that game.

I consider the Dolphins 2021 OL play to be middle of the pack NFL. Remember, the team won 8 of its last 9 games and that does not happen without effective OL play.
Please find a legitimate article or ranking that doesn't rank the Dolphins OL at the bottom of the league.

I'm surprised Jamis Winston isn't getting any interest. Hes a Free Agent so he would cost us nothing, draft capital wise.

He got lasik eye surgery before last season and apparently that really helped him alot, think Wild Thing from Major League.

Before he got injured he was absolutely balling. 14 tds to only 3 ints.... IN 7 GAMES. 2.0 TD per game average. If he played 17 games and kept that up thats 34 TDs and only 8 ints. Joe Burrow had 34 TDs this year. Winston woulda been top 10 in TDs.
I'll take Winston if Sean Payton comes too.

Back
Top Bottom