Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
And what do you make of it?
That if you can put near 300 passing yards a game it increase your chances of winning.
I thought I read somewhere that for every
100yds should equate to 3 to 10 points, something like that. I think if can do that and get 100+yds on the ground you’re in the game every weekend.

That if you can put near 300 passing yards a game it increase your chances of winning.
I thought I read somewhere that for every
100yds should equate to 3 to 10 points, something like that. I think if can do that and get 100+yds on the ground you’re in the game every weekend.
Passing yards is not strongly correlated to winning.

1642543122971.png

So then it’s Ross and Grier running the show and not the HC?

Because according to this forum, Flores was left entirely to his own devices and is to blame for eeeeeeverything.

So which is it? Is Ross lying when he says it’s going to be up to the HC?

If I’m hired by the Phins, I’m sure as hell not tying myself to Tua. He wasn’t my choice and he hasn’t shown he can take over a game.

I’m bringing in a proven vet and letting training camp sort them out. Whichever QB looks better, that’s the one that’ll be under center.

I chose Wilson because I went with pick a QB. If it’s pick the situation, I’d stay with Tua and draft Oline with every pick in the draft on top of signing veteran FA OL veterans. (Exaggerating to clarify)
Read the link. Dolphins followed up Ross' statement saying they expect the new coach to build around Tua. It is well known now highly reported by credible sources, Flores was fired because he did not support Tua.

My theory is that football is complicated and most casual fans don’t have any interest in actually understanding it, so they obsess over QBs as a shorthand for offense.

Doing what you say—fixing the OL, RB, WRs—and what you don’t say—fixing the scheme and playcalling—is boring and complicated. A casual fan has no interest whatsoever in the difference between Jesse Davis and Morgan Moses. Nor can they even decipher that difference.

But everyone can recognize the difference between a 300 yard passer vs. a guy struggling to find open men and getting sacked. The casual fan has no idea what’s causing the 300 yards passing vs. the guy running for his life and struggling to complete passes, but they’re like “hey, we need the 300 yard passing guy!” as if we’d also throw for 300 yards every game if we had him.

This will blow a lot of folks’ minds, but the Dolphins have been terrible on offense for 20 years not really because of our QBs. The common thread is bad OL play and bad WRs. We’ve actually had pretty decent QB play for the last decade-plus, from Pennington to now.
Sorry, I forgot to say get a new O.C. and a new coach. Thought that was a given when we fired Flores, but I guess I should have spelled it out.

Sorry, I forgot to say get a new O.C. and a new coach. Thought that was a given when we fired Flores, but I guess I should have spelled it out.
Totally was a given. I just wanted to mention it specifically.

View attachment 92278

Passer rating and passing yards IMO are hand and hand. If you’re not efficient with your passing game your total passing yards go down along with the QBs ratings.

Passer rating and passing yards IMO are hand and hand. If you’re not efficient with your passing game your total passing yards go down along with the QBs ratings.

The big difference is passing yards is unfiltered by passing attempts... Efficiency metrics are...

25-30 for 300 yards and 2 TDs

is much better than...

25-52 for 300 yards 2TDs and an INT

This lack of accountability for anything other than yards is the big flaw in it.

View attachment 92278

This is great info.

First I stated a fun fact without an opinion attached to it and followed it up with a post that suggested a better alternative(passing efficiency) than total yards to measure passing games... Not trying to win anything here... You do what you want with it...
Amazing how ppl can take offense at something innocuous like a simple statistic, without any implication whatsoever.

This board has become so defensive of positions, that it's nearly impossible to have a purely philosophical discussion, without ppl reading into it more than is actually there.

The big difference is passing yards is unfiltered by passing attempts... Efficiency metrics are...

25-30 for 300 yards and 2 TDs

is much better than...

25-52 for 300 yards 2TDs and an INT

This lack of accountability for anything other than yards is the big flaw in it.
Y/Att has always been a great stat that balances high efficiency with high output

I dont know tbh... Im using stock data from statheads and the W/L columns looks like this...

View attachment 92256
Without doing some research, I would imaging many games had both QBs 300+. In those cases one wins, the other loses. That affects the ratio, so one would have to dig deeper for a clear picture.

Jimmy G throws horrible passes behind an elite OL. Imagine him behind ours. He would be a downgrade from Tua, hard pass.

Wilson could end up in Denver. They are going to aggressively pursue a QB. We have no real reason to do that next season. Stick with Tua. Give him a real OL, a RB and real OC and then we can judge if the guy is our longterm solution or not.

Rookie QB contracts are insanely valuable to build teams around.

Sorry, this is just not true. Passer rating is much more heavily influenced by passing TDs and INTs than yards. In 2019, the passing yardage leader had a passer rating of 84.3.

In 2020 and 2021, the passer rating leader was Rodgers. He was 8th and 11th in passing yards per game.

Back
Top Bottom