I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp)

The one thing we have to see Tua improve on is is pocket presence which was really poor last year. His small size is obvious a handicap in the pocket but he was very uncomfortable when pressured. He rushed throws that were inaccurate and showed very little ability to bide time moving and scrambling well. He was like never pressured at Alabama so its a new experience for him and has to make strides in this area to succeed.

I am as hard as anyone on Bama and specifically Saban but name me a program that has produced QB after QB on an NFL level? There isn't one. Tua had an injury history and besides that he's the best QB prospect Miami has taken since Marino. Tannehill was nowhere near the QB prospect coming out of college that Tua was.
Prospect...but I'm guessing when it's said and done, he'll be more successful. A lot of programs don't win 6 national titles and play for them nearly every year also. The point I'm making is the numbers these guys put up in college doesn't make them "elite" as one poster suggested. It's laughable. Every QB is square 1 in the NFL and all you have is your skillset. His is more limited just based on his size and lack of mobility and arm strength alone. He has glaring needs just from his college game. So, despite his great college numbers, he had huge holes in his game.

IpAA8Hq.gif
Celebrate College Football GIF by SEC Network

Get proven wrong on some patently false BS you threw out there (Arizona was top half of the league in both scoring defense and yards allowed ) and then you move the goal post. Very rich.
They are average...they ranked 13th in total defense. That's middle of the pack. They are an average defense. Keep trying. Considering they had losses to the Lions and Panthers in the weeks before we came to town, I wouldn't use them as your measuring stick. This with one of the worst schedules you will ever see. You all are so unbelievably naive. Patently false BS...haha. You have not made one argument against Tua's game as of yet. Your argument is one game against an average team. You know why? You can't. You know I'm right. He is limited in every sense of the word. If you don't see it, you're blind. Like I said, until he proves it on a big scale, I will continue to throw this narrative. It's always been true.

The one thing we have to see Tua improve on is is pocket presence which was really poor last year. His small size is obvious a handicap in the pocket but he was very uncomfortable when pressured. He rushed throws that were inaccurate and showed very little ability to bide time moving and scrambling well. He was like never pressured at Alabama so its a new experience for him and has to make strides in this area to succeed.
My man...your name says it all...LOGIC!

Had Tua not been working out hard this off-season in FL that included throwing to Parker, Wilson, Merritt, Hollins, and Foster, I might agree.

If Flo reached out to Tua saying it would benefit him and would like him there, I have no doubt Tua would be there.

Last edited:
Had Tua not been working out hard this off-season in FL that included throwing to Parker, Wilson, Merritt, Hollins, and Foster, I might agree.

If Flo reached out to Tua saying it would benefit him and would like him there, I have no doubt Tua would there.
I love the fact that he's worked hard this off-season but this is not uncommon at all. He should be working out hard all off-season.

If Flo reached out to Tua saying it would benefit him and would like him there, I have no doubt Tua would there.
Lol..... I doubt the coach telling the player that is even allowed under the CBA..........

Prospect...but I'm guessing when it's said and done, he'll be more successful. A lot of programs don't win 6 national titles and play for them nearly every year also. The point I'm making is the numbers these guys put up in college doesn't make them "elite" as one poster suggested. It's laughable. Every QB is square 1 in the NFL and all you have is your skillset. His is more limited just based on his size and lack of mobility and arm strength alone. He has glaring needs just from his college game. So, despite his great college numbers, he had huge holes in his game.
Please enlighten us, the woefully naive, on these huge holes

You cannot call him a high calibur QB based on what he did in college. This is the problem. He played at ALABAMA!! That is men against boys every week. Would you consider Mac Jones a high calibur QB because all he did was shatter Tua's best there and made it look easy? I would not. I think he's limited just like Tua is. This is not making up my mind about Tua either, it's been my opinion on him for years.

Many of his injuries have been his own fault. Many for holding the ball too long...hence Saban getting pissed when he was told about Tua's rapid drop in productivity when he holds the ball longer than 2.5 seconds. Much of what he did at Bama was quick hitters and throwing to wide open athletes within that 2.5 second mark. When he needs to think or improvise, he's a different player. Always has been. It's just not that simple in the NFL. Progressions are differents, reads are different and complex, and much of the time you need to hit second and third reads. I just don't think people look beyond the surface with him. He's not the guy that will be able to stand behind a line at barely 6'0", if 6'0", and just pick teams apart.
Well, you have a right to have your opinion. Like I said, I'm wait and see but I'm hoping for the best here. time will tell.

They are average...they ranked 13th in total defense. That's middle of the pack. They are an average defense. Keep trying. Considering they had losses to the Lions and Panthers in the weeks before we came to town, I wouldn't use them as your measuring stick. This with one of the worst schedules you will ever see. You all are so unbelievably naive. Patently false BS...haha. You have not made one argument against Tua's game as of yet. Your argument is one game against an average team. You know why? You can't. You know I'm right. He is limited in every sense of the word. If you don't see it, you're blind. Like I said, until he proves it on a big scale, I will continue to throw this narrative. It's always been true.

First you said they were "Lousy", now they are average even though they ranked 12 in scoring defense, and they are 32 teams. At least we're getting somewhere. Now what about his performance against Belichick's top 8 defense? The coach who destroys rookie quarterbacks, including Justin Herbert? Or how about his performance against KC?

To suggest Tua didn't have any positive performances in his rookie season, or showed some high level processing means you don't know what you're watching. Especially considering the totality of the situation with him coming off an injury in a covid season, and having an injury depleted receiver room down the stretch. But if you're dug down deep in your position, because he doesn't fit the physical profile of a QB prospect that you desire, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. Even when it ends up dead wrong.

Wow the front office had no clue. You should've sent this to them predraft. How can you see things so clearly when they can't? Boggles my mind!

Mind Blown GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Back
Top Bottom