If Chase and Pitts are off the board... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Chase and Pitts are off the board...

If Chase and Pitts are off the board who should the Dolphins select at 6?

• Sewell

• Smith

• Waddle

• Parsons

• Slater

Results are only viewable after voting.
What will your new team be if we draft Sewell.

I'm dying to know.
I will cross that bridge if/when I get to it. Giants would be the front runner. That’s who I liked as a little kid because of my dad. Don’t worry Grier won’t F it up. We will get our weapon at 6

I was 100% on board with Sewell, but over the past few weeks, my opinion has changed and it's exciting to know that no matter what, we are in a position to get what looks to be a great offensive weapon in Pitts, Chase, Smith, or Waddle.
Why Sewell? Burrows got killed by his O-Line. Tua got killed by lack of pre season and basic experience. Plus 2nd/3rd string Offensive weapons. Tua needs Pitts or Chase and a RB. Imo.

Why Sewell? Burrows got killed by his O-Line. Tua got killed by lack of pre season and basic experience. Plus 2nd/3rd string Offensive weapons. Tua needs Pitts or Chase and a RB. Imo.
I was looking at the recent historical success of WRs drafted that high, or lack thereof on Championship teams. I also was looking at how many of the top WR's currently in the league were drafted anywhere close to that high, and i think Mike Evans was the only one drafted in the top 15.

The more I thought about it, my mindset became that adding one of the top 4 weapons was more of an improvement to our offense than adding the best OL on the board.

Last edited:
Why does Chase scare you?
What is his special quality? I think his best attribute is his strength at the top of his routes. That's where he seems to get his separation. He's not an exceptional route runner. He's not exceptionally big, so will he be able to consistently get separation against the top corners in the league who are as fast as him and are stronger than most college corners? He also had only one year of production on one of the most prolific offense's in college football history. He also sat out last season knowing that LSU was going to be substantially worse than the previous season. I'm not saying Chase will bust, but if I had to pick one top receiver who might, I would pick him.

Screenshot_20210417-180514_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210417-183043_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210417-183309_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210417-182345_Chrome.jpg

Smith, Waddle, or Parsons. Change Chase to Smith or Waddle in the one (same idea). If Miami is prudent, and a little lucky, they could draft Parsons and still build an explosive offense.

Relative to the value of the position, I'm not targeting CB, but Horn is too good and his fit is too perfect to pass up at 18.

I've been pretty clear that Miami should prioritize offense, and they absolutely should, but if they take some detours, they can still make it work. Doesn't mean they will, and if two players are in the same tier, I'd go offense.

I knew I could count on you Danny.

Awesome song.......possibly top 100 all time rock consideration, though I realize that such a list is impossible. Definately a cut above (anything by John Michael not withstanding).......lol

I agree..but if that was the choice it probably dominates the votes..so I understand leaving it out, tbh. :shrug:
Its probably a knock on the likes of Smith, Waddle or Sewell (all very good) but I think Pitts or Chase is the plan. I'm ok with trading out if we lose out on the 2 best players that don't have the "QB" tag. I liked what the Phins did with trading out and then going back to #6 but I do think that was based on Pitts or Chase being available.

Back
Top Bottom