If Chase and Pitts are off the board... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Chase and Pitts are off the board...

If Chase and Pitts are off the board who should the Dolphins select at 6?

• Sewell

• Smith

• Waddle

• Parsons

• Slater

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fair enough, but given that he's a supposed diva headcase if that's true then I'll gladly let someone else make that playmaker projection.

Won't be me.
The diva head case aspect is definitely a concern. Some of the allegations that came out at Penn State were very troubling if true. It’s not just the homosexual stuff (as Seinfeld said “not that there’s anything wrong with that, that’s fine if that’s who you are”) but the sexual assault part. I’m sure the NFL investigative people have looked into it closely. This isn’t one to hide your head in the sand about. If he starts sliding, then we can start wondering if there is something to those allegations.

For those that don’t know here are some of the allegations. See https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox56....-gives-details-on-alleged-hazing-by-teammates

Humphries was awakened by Parsons throwing water on him in the Morgan Academic Center and responded by throwing a bottle of Gatorade back. Parsons then punched Humphries in the face with a close fist, grabbed hold of his neck and began choking him, the filing claim. Fearful he would be unable to defend himself, Humphries brandished a knife, the complaint says. Neither player suffered substantial injury. Humphries says he told Franklin about the incident and his fear of Parsons later that day. He said the coach’s response was that he expected players on his team to fistfight and take a beating rather than brandish a knife.

He alleges in the complaint that Barber, Parsons, Gross-Matos and did the following to him and certain other players:

• Took their clothes and did not return them.
  • Told them they intended to make them “their bitch because this is a prison.”
  • Wrestled them down and simulating a humping action while on top of them.
  • Placed their penis in their faces while simulating ejaculation.
  • Placed their penis on and in their buttocks.

Last edited:
The diva head case aspect is definitely a concern. Some of the allegations that came out at Penn State were very troubling if true. It’s not just the homosexual stuff (as Seinfeld said “not that there’s anything wrong with that, that’s fine if that’s who you are”) but the sexual assault part. I’m sure the NFL investigative people have looked into it closely. This isn’t one to hide your head in the sand about. If he starts sliding, then we can start wondering if there is something to those allegations.

For those that don’t know here are some of the allegations. See https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox56....-gives-details-on-alleged-hazing-by-teammates

Humphries was awakened by Parsons throwing water on him in the Morgan Academic Center and responded by throwing a bottle of Gatorade back. Parsons then punched Humphries in the face with a close fist, grabbed hold of his neck and began choking him, the filing claim. Fearful he would be unable to defend himself, Humphries brandished a knife, the complaint says. Neither player suffered substantial injury. Humphries says he told Franklin about the incident and his fear of Parsons later that day. He said the coach’s response was that he expected players on his team to fistfight and take a beating rather than brandish a knife.

He alleges in the complaint that Barber, Parsons, Gross-Matos and did the following to him and certain other players:

• Took their clothes and did not return them.
  • Told them they intended to make them “their bitch because this is a prison.”
  • Wrestled them down and simulating a humping action while on top of them.
  • Placed their penis in their faces while simulating ejaculation.
  • Placed their penis on and in their buttocks.
Yup, and this is why everybody even mentioning taking Parsons has not been paying attention. He wouldn't be on my board.

Yup, and this is why everybody even mentioning taking Parsons has not been paying attention. He wouldn't be on my board.
I agree if it’s true. But let’s remember that these are allegations and I haven’t followed it closely enough to know if they’ve been debunked. I’m sure the NFL has investigators all over this.

77 NFL players opted out of the 2020 because of COVID. I seriously doubt you would walk up to any of these players and call them a coward to their face. It is always easy being a tough guy when you don’t have to suffer the consequences for your words.

Every player in the NFL and college had their own reasons for opting out while their was no vaccine for COVID and thousands of people were dying each day from the virus. I certainly don’t see it as a weakness but as a strength. Because they were obviously putting their own health and the health of their family members over a game.
What’s funny is no more people died in the U.S. in 2020 than in 2019

Come on baby, don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand, don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly, don't fear the reaper

Baby I'm your man
La, la, la, la, la

It's good to know that there isn't a consensus amongst the fan base. The smoke will only grow thicker...

What’s funny is no more people died in the U.S. in 2020 than in 2019
Absolutely incorrect... a damned lie spread by conspiracy theorists.

Don't bother presenting facts to anti-maskers. You're only wasting your own time. They don't want facts.

I'm not sure why people are moving away from Smith, or if it's just over analyzing. I still think Smith is the perfect fit, although if Waddle makes it to #12 you've got to question trading back up.

The lie is in the numbers... absolute truth

Back
Top Bottom