If Flo starts the season awful in 22 is he gone? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Flo starts the season awful in 22 is he gone?

Is Flo gone with another slow start?

• Yes

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Ownership sux and will extend him

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
Flores needs to figure out why his teams start so poorly. Maybe this should be the discussion thread and not what it is here from
The OP.
There’s too much turnover with veteran players and coaches (especially offense coordinator) to keep performing at a consistent level year after year and that falls on the HC.

Basically why would you even broach the subject while things are going well? It’s just dumb. We finally have some positive vibes going on with the team and this forum and now we are gonna ask what if’s? About firing Flores? I bet the OP is a big hit at parties

Why? I made a poll previously asking if we won out would you keep Grier/Flores and the majority said no.

People are just being consistent with their beliefs. You can't start that poorly every year.

Why even make this thread? We still have the rest of this season and a complete offseason next year.

We’re already making threads about starting poorly in 2022 and firing the coach?

Come on!
Thank you for posting this....🐬

If we have another slow start, you have to fire him. If I showed up to my job at 8 am, but didn't start working until noon, I'd be fired by the end of the first week.

This is a stupid and useless thread. Seriously? This is what’s on your mind?
Another troll exposed.

Real Fin fans right now are enjoying this ride for however long it lasts. And if we play well the rest of the way I’d say we have our HC who had a few bad speed bumps earlier in the season. Why would you root against the guy right now???? Good God
View attachment 89442
I feel it's a legitimate question since Flo's track record indicates his teams start out slow and lose early. If we want to be serious contenders this needs to be nipped in the butt

No man! He has a 5 year contract. Grier is drafting, it is job in progress. Running game is not fixed, receivers are in shambles, offensive line is not fixed. Next year maybe another rough start due to adjustments and rookies and free agents.
Also, Tua may get hurt and Grier may sign Rosen to be the backup and we may lose another 5-6 in a row again because of that.
So, the answer is no. It's a work in progress.
You can fix the OL and running game in the off season. There is zero excuse for a slow start next year. Enough BS and excuse making.

I mean what if we have multiple key injuries? Context matters. This is also premature, I still believe we can make the playoffs this year!

I voted yes. Winning changes things but the team is still a mess and from what I've seen, it is in dire need of an offensive minded guru. Clearly Flores' talents are a better fit for an assistant head coach or defensive coach but I he is NOT a complete head coach for all the reasons we stated before the winning streak against questionable teams that are in the same situation that we find ourselves in.

I mean no one will ever confuse me with a Flores fan but fact of the matter is very good HCs are hard to find. There are alot more complete failures than even average ones. Flores does alot of things very well for a HC on his 1st gig. Also have to factor in the strategy they decided to go forward with certainly wasnt a get rich quick scheme.

I think he has somewhat figured out how to beat bad offenses on a consistent basis but I also think he might be stubborn enough to think he should be able to beat good offenses without adjusting all that much. Actually think thats his #1 weakness right now. You have a starting vision, there are up and downs as your vision materializes but its all good as long as it performs better over time.

Problem is, if your vision is flawed, the improvements have a ceiling. Flores next step is to be able to admit his defense wont be able to stop every single offenses every single time and act accordingly on offense in those situations. Fixing JUST that would be 3 steps in the right direction for him. I wont have a problem if they give him another season, if they manage something like .500+ going forward this season.

*Someone please quote me on that so that you can put it in my face next time I rage on. lol!

I feel it's a legitimate question since Flo's track record indicates his teams start out slow and lose early. If we want to be serious contenders this needs to be nipped in the butt
To me it’s a weird time to ask the question. Feels like another troll trying to rile something up while the forum is positive right now. I’ll worry about firing him next year if we have the same result. But we’re in a five game winning streak right now. And to give an honest answer to the question, duh, what do you think? Of course at that point he would deserve to be fired. Dumb question is all

Say we start 2-7
Is that enough to get him fired?
4 consecutive slow starts to a season.
Can we add a choice to the pool that this is a hyperbolic ridiculous thread to start while our team is balls deep in the playoffs race? Asking for a friend.

Back
Top Bottom