If Flo starts the season awful in 22 is he gone? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Flo starts the season awful in 22 is he gone?

Is Flo gone with another slow start?

• Yes

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Ownership sux and will extend him

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
I mean no one will ever confuse me with a Flores fan but fact of the matter is very good HCs are hard to find. There are alot more complete failures than even average ones. Flores does alot of things very well for a HC on his 1st gig. Also have to factor in the strategy they decided to go forward with certainly wasnt a get rich quick scheme.

I think he has somewhat figured out how to beat bad offenses on a consistent basis but I also think he might be stubborn enough to think he should be able to beat good offenses without adjusting all that much. Actually think thats his #1 weakness right now. You have a starting vision, there are up and downs as your vision materializes but its all good as long as it performs better over time.

Problem is, if your vision is flawed, the improvements have a ceiling. Flores next step is to be able to admit his defense wont be able to stop every single offenses every single time and act accordingly on offense in those situations. Fixing JUST that would be 3 steps in the right direction for him. I wont have a problem if they give him another season, if they manage something like .500+ going forward this season.

*Someone please quote me on that so that you can put it in my face next time I rage on. lol!
Agreed. The entire concept that change brings improvement is ridiculous.

This is a stupid and useless thread. Seriously? This is what’s on your mind?
Another troll exposed.

Real Fin fans right now are enjoying this ride for however long it lasts. And if we play well the rest of the way I’d say we have our HC who had a few bad speed bumps earlier in the season. Why would you root against the guy right now???? Good God
View attachment 89442

If you had a nickel for every time you shouted "troll" ...

That would be one rich easy rider. Yes it is kind of a stupid thread although these slow starts are killing us obviously, still if you have nothing nice to say ...

That's why the team will never compete because everybody wants change, just leave them and him alone.

Every team changes every year, that can't be the excuse. Tampa this year was a huge anomaly retaining all 22 starters from their SB winning team.

If you had a nickel for every time you shouted "troll" ...

That would be one rich easy rider. Yes it is kind of a stupid thread although these slow starts are killing us obviously, still if you have nothing nice to say ...
Sorry, but too many trolls here now. One reason I stay away from the game day thread every week. The trolls took it over and now they’ve won that battle. Shame

Sorry, but too many trolls here now. One reason I stay away from the game day thread every week. The trolls took it over and now they’ve won that battle. Shame

Fair enough. I stay away from the game day thread because I just can't keep up, it's at like 60 pages in no time, I'll miss the game if I'm on that thing.

I only want a new OL coach, maybe a proven lineman or two, proven WR, and I’m good. Good 3-down LB if I’m greedy.
They need a new OC as well. I would hope Flo learned his lesson this year and will hire one true OC.

Is next year the last year of Flo's contract? If it is it will be interesting to see if they let him go into next season as a lame duck coach by not extending his contract this offseason.

There was a report that I think Hollins stated the team was not taking the practices or meeting seriously prior to the season starting and that contributed to the slow start.
I would hope that Flores has learned that its his responsibility to get those guys focused and ready for every game by 2022. He has wasted another season by starting 1-7.

They need a new OC as well. I would hope Flo learned his lesson this year and will hire one true OC.
I can see maybe 1 of the 2 guys being called OC…but at least one of them needs to stay for continuity. Build off this year, they have gotten good productivity out of Tua. More reps more reps more reps. Besides, I think Flo likes the clock-control offense they’ve been producing.

There was a report that I think Hollins stated the team was not taking the practices or meeting seriously prior to the season starting and that contributed to the slow start.
I would hope that Flores has learned that its his responsibility to get those guys focused and ready for every game by 2022. He has wasted another season by starting 1-7.
There were reports from training camp that O personnel, besides Tua, we’re struggling with the offense. Obviously they continued to for a while, but they seem to be getting a handle on it finally. Main reason I don’t want both OCs let go.

There were reports from training camp that O personnel, besides Tua, we’re struggling with the offense.
Of course, because the offensive scheme they tried to run was not working in training camp. So why did it take 8 games for them to figure out what they knew in July?

Basically why would you even broach the subject while things are going well? It’s just dumb. We finally have some positive vibes going on with the team and this forum and now we are gonna ask what if’s? About firing Flores? I bet the OP is a big hit at parties
We are 6-7 and likely to be a 3rd year in a row without a PO appearance under Floores. I wouldn’t exactly consider that as things going well. Iv enjoyed the winning streak as much as anyone but let’s not act like this winning streak didn’t happen against 4 back up QBs

Last edited:
There’s too much turnover with veteran players and coaches (especially offense coordinator) to keep performing at a consistent level year after year and that falls on the HC.
Agree completely. Can we get some continuity next year?!

Back
Top Bottom