If Josh Rosen were in the 2020 Draft...... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Josh Rosen were in the 2020 Draft......

This will be Josh Rosen's 3rd Offensive System in 3 years as a pro. Hard to have any success with that amount of change. Then you add in the horrendous Offensive Line play in both Arizona and Miami and you get a dazed and confused QB. A player who has talent to work with but no supporting cast in terms of players around him and constant change in the system, results in a bad mix and bad QB play.

It almost seems like some folks around here think you just draft a college QB
and regardless of situation circumstances he's either a rock *star* out of the box
or he's a turd you need to discard.

Relating this to Rosen -- we got the kid for a deferred R2 pick and call me silly but
that's a cheap price for a kid of his potential. I'd be happy to rack up those kind of
value driven trades/acquisitions year after year..!

if he blows out -- no biggie! It's NOT LIKE WE TRADED UP in R1 to get the kid and
essentially set the program back for YEARS!

NO WAY I want Mister Grier taking those kind of insane risks!

It almost seems like some folks around here think you just draft a college QB
and regardless of situation circumstances he's either a rock *star* out of the box
or he's a turd you need to discard.

Relating this to Rosen -- we got the kid for a deferred R2 pick and call me silly but
that's a cheap price for a kid of his potential. I'd be happy to rack up those kind of
value driven trades/acquisitions year after year..!

if he blows out -- no biggie! It's NOT LIKE WE TRADED UP in R1 to get the kid and
essentially set the program back for YEARS!

NO WAY I want Mister Grier taking those kind of insane risks!
Understandable!!! It's the easy thing to do, when piling on a QB for poor performance. In the case of Rosen, I agree about the trade value and potential upside of a deal like that. But, my Problem with Rosen is more about leadership than talent. He didn't have a strong supporting cast in either Arizona or in his 1st year in Miami and performed with mixed results. I have to wonder, if he'd be a much better QB with a Running Game and an Offensive Line that can protect him, so he has an opportunity to shine. I think any QB can attest to that. Just look at Tannehill once he left Miami and got the support he desperately needed with the Tennessee Titans. I'm not completely sold on Rosen, but realize he's had nothing to work with on 2 different teams. I'd like to see him get another chance with a better supporting cast. Will that happen? We'll eventually find out.

Last edited:
Understandable!!! It's the easy thing to do, when piling on a QB for poor performance. In the case of Rosen, I agree about the trade value and potential upside of a deal like that. But, my Problem with Rosen is more about leadership then talent. He didn't have a strong supporting cast in either Arizona or in his 1st year in Miami and performed with mixed results. I have to wonder, if he'd be a much better QB with a Running Game and an Offensive Line that can protect him, so he has an opportunity to shine. I think any QB can attest to that. Just look at Tannehill once he left Miami and got the support he desperately needed with the Tennessee Titans. I'm not completely sold on Rosen, but realize he's had nothing to work with on 2 different teams. I'd like to see him get another chance with a better supporting cast. Will that happen? We'll eventually find out.

Kid's like 22 and intellectually slanted. He's NOT gonna come in an get all big in the britches
as a "leader" -- beyond that the kid clearly shows some 'insecurity" that's also 100% natural at his
age. So he's not ready to be an arrogant "military style" leader but ya know what -- if the kid gets
the benefit of a highly productive supporting cast and the positive results that implies -- just watch
his confidence GROW and in direct proportion to that his "leadership!"

Again. If he blows out he blows out.

But he's freaking 22-years old and perhaps NOT in the grave yet!

:lol:

Hard to evaluate a QB considered what he had to work with last year. All I know is Rosen played better than Fitz until the Washington game. After that the team as a whole played better and Rosen never got back in.

Last edited:
Hard to evaluate a QB considered what he had to work with last year. All I know is Rosen played better than Fitz until the Washington game. After that the team as a whole played better and Rosen never got back in.
Hard to evaluate a team when Rosen is the QB they have to work with...

Haskins or Rosen didnt look good there first yr in nfl.. I am surprised Redskins are not talking about drafting qb in 1st rd 2020. Haskins to me look like he could of used another year in college..

Haskins or Rosen didnt look good there first yr in nfl.. I am surprised Redskins are not talking about drafting qb in 1st rd 2020. Haskins to me look like he could of used another year in college..

Just because they're not talking about it doesn't mean it's not a consideration. You never know what a team will do.

I think the jury is still out on him. He’s got some developing to do for sure but I’d like to see Mahomes, Jackson or Brees come out of either the cardinals 2018 season or last year with the dolphins with a nice 100+ rating. Sorry, wouldn’t happen. Not to say Rosen could ever be as good as them but his only job thus far has been as $hit-show shoveler.

Kid's like 22 and intellectually slanted. He's NOT gonna come in an get all big in the britches
as a "leader" -- beyond that the kid clearly shows some 'insecurity" that's also 100% natural at his
age. So he's not ready to be an arrogant "military style" leader but ya know what -- if the kid gets
the benefit of a highly productive supporting cast and the positive results that implies -- just watch
his confidence GROW and in direct proportion to that his "leadership!"

Again. If he blows out he blows out.

But he's freaking 22-years old and perhaps NOT in the grave yet!

:lol:
FYI:
Born:February 10, 1997 (age 23)
Manhattan Beach, California

I think Rosen would be behind Herbert as the 4th QB in this years draft.
We forget that Ryan Fitzpatrick looked worse than Rosen to start the season last year and that is why Flores turned to Rosen who was not much better. When we back to Fitzpatrick the team did take off relatively speaking and played well. But that was just as much the team playing well as the QB playing well. If Rosen played with that "team" then we could judge him better but he didn't. To Fitzpatrick's credit, he played very well with that "team" but we don't know how Rosen would have fared with that team.

Of course we are all disappointed in little used performance to date however where do you think his demand would be if he were coming out this year assuming a clean slate???
Its a very good question because - speaking as someone who didn’t like him or the trade for him, I thought he played pretty well considering the lack of protection and time he was getting behind the league’s worst line. Course I also thought Tannehill wasn't as bad as some were saying when he was here for the same reasons - he’s looked alot better behind an average line at Tennessee. In fact highest rated QB of 2019. I think with an improved O-line you would see an improvement from Rosen. There was one or two games last year where he looked pretty good when given time.

Most of the weirdness to the start of his career is of his own doing. He hasn't produced at an acceptable level when he has been given his opportunities.
He's been bad....but was there any worse OL in 2018 in Arizona and 2019 in Miami?

At least Rosen is young and awful, so he has that going for him.

He was supposed to be our Curtus Painter this year to net us a #1 pick and then Flores had to grew his pair back. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom