If some team offers 2 first for "X"..yea or nay | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If some team offers 2 first for "X"..yea or nay

When was the last time we drafted an elite corner? Madison and Surtain? I think so. I'd prefer we keep X. Gotta build from somewhere. And right now him, Baker and possibly Wilkins are the current foundation. We got a ton of high draft picks next year, maybe Grier can find another corner with one of them.

I always considered our top CB pick to be Jamar Fletcher...but that's just me...lol

Yes. That would be consistent with the other moves of this tank and, honestly, now would be respectful to X. I don't really understand signing him to a six-year extension in the spring in the broader context of what we did. We could have traded him for more before extending him. Not that I was a fan of getting rid of him, Tunsil or Minkah or trading for Rosen, but if you are going to tank this thoroughly, trading your best young player on a favorable contract would seem likely to bring you the biggest return.

I would do it. Good - Elite CBs are always traded or signed as FAs and usually bounce around to multiple teams

Deion Sanders
Darrell Reavis
Marcus Peters
Stephon Gilmore
Richard Sherman
Josh Norman
Champ Bailey
Aqib Talib
Jalen Ramsey will be next

Just names off the top of my head. We can trade or sign a top flight CB. But apparently good young O linemen and edge rushers are more difficult to acquire without selling everything.

What team? That matters.

Not trading a young premier corner on a long term deal for two bottom firsts. So if it's a team like the Chiefs, then no.

Now if Washington comes calling....

Will X still be X..in three years when we start being good again?

As mentioned, it would depend on who it was. Someone that is a contender with picks in the 20-32 range then NO. On the other hand a team consistently out of the playoffs would be hard to say no to.

No! We've got all we need now to do whatever we want. And if Watson goes down behind Houston's OL's not named Tunsil, there's a possibility we can have 3 Top 10 picks!

Retain a potential shut down corner; they don't grow on trees.

I would say no. X is an incredibly hard worker and may be the best young CB in the entire league. He also plays a position this team will have a tough time filling (much less twice) in this CB-weak draft coming up.

Tunsil, while talented, had motivation issues and was more near the upper middle of the league performance-wise. He does have the ability to potentially develop into one of the best, but that is a future-facing bet.

X is literally the only untouchable player I have on this team. Unlike Minkah or Tunsil, I would legit be upset if they traded him.

why not...he will be almost 30 by the time we will be competing for playoffs

Can only have so many young players on a team at once. I dont think Grier wants to bring in more than 12 rookies(via draft) on this squad.

Back
Top Bottom