If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
If it's about winning, KAP , all day. He was quality QB with a legit coach i.e Jim Harbaugh, then crashed when Balke and Jed York sabotaged their own organization with a clown like Tomsula and out of his depth Chip Kelly.

KAP with another legit coach in Adam Gase would at the very least give Dolphins a chance at winning 9-10 games and ergo reach the playoffs..anyone else and we're kidding ourselves if we think Fins do any better then 8-8.
This isn't true Harbaughs last year was 2014 and he looked pedestrian that year.

He hasn't done anything since 2013, 2014-2016 were mediocre years for him. That 2014 team was basically the same 12-4 team.

Dude, this is the eve of the preseason... There aren't exactly pro bowlers available on the street. We are talking about an emergency here. Kaep, no matter how mediocre he might have been in some seasons, has also proven he could be an effective starter at one point. Right now, that's the best you could ask. In most years only absolute scrap heap QBs would be available right now.

Kap can win games. I'm not in love with the guy I think he's a 1 read and run kinda guy but he has some elite wheels

Dude, this is the eve of the preseason... There aren't exactly pro bowlers available on the street. We are talking about an emergency here. Kaep, no matter how mediocre he might have been in some seasons, has also proven he could be an effective starter at one point. Right now, that's the best you could ask. In most years only absolute scrap heap QBs would be available right now.
The guy has been out of football for how long, doesn't know the playbook, and people expect him to come in here light it up and be better than Moore, someone who knows this offense, and lead us to the promised land? Sorry I just can't see it. I have more faith in Doughty or Fales who have been in this system longer than I do with Kaepernick. Better the devil you know.

I would like to see what Tony Romo can do.

This isn't true Harbaughs last year was 2014 and he looked pedestrian that year.

2014 was a disaster for 49'ers, Balke and Yorke were sabotaging Harbaugh all season, entire story of 49'ers season was drama laden battle between Org vs Harabaugh.

If we're serious about winning the best QB on the market is KAP. suffice it to say Dan Marino is not walking through that door, it's a salvage job and again best QB available is KAP.

Gase is a legit coach, give him the chance to work his magic with a flawed but skilled QB.

The guy has been out of football for how long, doesn't know the playbook, and people expect him to come in here light it up and be better than Moore, someone who knows this offense, and lead us to the promised land? Sorry I just can't see it. I have more faith in Doughty or Fales who have been in this system longer than I do with Kaepernick. Better the devil you know.

He's been out of football as long as everyone else in the NFL, he finished last year as starter! And if Moore goes down, then what? Just concede the season?

He's only been out of organized activities for 7 months. I don't think anyone expects him to light it up but he would have 4 weeks to learn the offense before the season starts. Even though I agree with the side that he's a better option than Moore I'm sure you realize he's a far better option at back up than Doughty.

We may be okay with Moore. He won games last year.

Im Expecting some of those Games to be wins simply because Ryan has Stepped it up and probably will continue to do so....if we lose him lets not make this more difficult...who truly believes that we can win 9+ games with Matt Moore at QB. lets go ahead and Run Ajayi into the ground. no the BEST option is Kaep. BUMP all the Political BS... someone said it earlier...he he is better thant 50% of starters and 100% of the backups in the league. IF this is about winning. BRING HIM DOWN..

The more I think about Foles, unlike Kaepernique, he actually was successful in the Chip Kelly system until he went down..

When the fantasy of matt moore as legit option evaporates come week 4, I don't want any of Moore backers to take out their frustrations on Adam Gase. When the Dolphins are well on their way to 5-11 season don't want any Moore backers demanding the ouster of everyone and everything around the Dolphins.

Matt Moore is a guaranteed top 10 NFL draft night for Dolphins in 2018.

That is before we get into discussion about the other QB's on the roster....:nailbiting:nailbiting:nailbiting:nailbiting:nailbiting:nailbiting

Cutler isn't coming out of retirement to sit on the bench. Unless he has guarantees of being the starter, he isn't even an option. Now Kaepernick would likely sign on as backup with hope of competing... Really the best option.
He is not. Not for us. Kaep needs to go to a team with a similar offense what he is used to. You cannot just switch from Moore to Kaepernick. Two totally different QBs with different needs in OL protection etc. The only way that Kaepernick ends up with us if Tannehill is out for the season and Kaepernick is the starter. Then you can change your offense still while we are early in the off season.

The reason why Cutler would be an option is that
a) he had one of his better seasons under Gase
b) it would be a one-year gig more to help out his former coach
c) Cutler would not be the first QB to come out of retirement for a year.
d) I think under the circumstances and for Gase he would take a one year backup role

Back
Top Bottom