If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
If Tannehill would be out Moore would be the starter. That's why the Dolphins hung onto him all these years. I think people don't realize but last year was his first meaningful action after 6 years on the bench.
Moore knows the system, knows the coaches and knows the team and everybody on that team (incl Tannehill) respects him. He will be starting until Tannehill comes back. If Tannehill would be out the majority of the season they may just put him on IR and bring in Cutler as a backup to Moore. If Moore fails or gets injured at least Gase has a QB on hand he is familiar with.

There will be no blockbuster trades or deals.

But let's hope that Tannehill is ok and this all will be unnecessary speculation.

If Tannehill would be out Moore would be the starter. That's why the Dolphins hung onto him all these years. I think people don't realize but last year was his first meaningful action after 6 years on the bench.
Moore knows the system, knows the coaches and knows the team and everybody on that team (incl Tannehill) respects him. He will be starting until Tannehill comes back. If Tannehill would be out the majority of the season they may just put him on IR and bring in Cutler as a backup to Moore. If Moore fails or gets injured at least Gase has a QB on hand he is familiar with.

There will be no blockbuster trades or deals.

But let's hope that Tannehill is ok and this all will be unnecessary speculation.

Cutler isn't coming out of retirement to sit on the bench. Unless he has guarantees of being the starter, he isn't even an option. Now Kaepernick would likely sign on as backup with hope of competing... Really the best option.

Good thing running a sports team has little to do with fan bases
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but the financial aspect is very much in play and that involves the fan base.

I don't know why you're all so worried we got Moore, Doughty, and Fales to lead the charge..........

If Kaepernick can't thrive in an offense that was geared and tailored for him such as Chip Kelly's, I just can't see him doing anything in this offense.

If Kaepernick can't thrive in an offense that was geared and tailored for him such as Chip Kelly's, I just can't see him doing anything in this offense.

Dude had a 90.7 QB rating in 12 games with a completely empty cupboard around him... Not sure what else you expected from him. That 49ers roster last year was a joke. Everyone retired.

If it's about winning, KAP , all day. He was quality QB with a legit coach i.e Jim Harbaugh, then crashed when Balke and Jed York sabotaged their own organization with a clown like Tomsula and out of his depth Chip Kelly.

KAP with another legit coach in Adam Gase would at the very least give Dolphins a chance at winning 9-10 games and ergo reach the playoffs..anyone else and we're kidding ourselves if we think Fins do any better then 8-8.

Dude had a 90.7 QB rating in 12 games with a completely empty cupboard around him... Not sure what else you expected from him. That 49ers roster last year was a joke. Everyone retired.
He hasn't done anything since 2013, 2014-2016 were mediocre years for him. That 2014 team was basically the same 12-4 team.

Back
Top Bottom