If the Dolphins drafted Lamar Jackson, would he still be successful? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Dolphins drafted Lamar Jackson, would he still be successful?

No....Sadly, our history for years has been taking on players and making nothing of them or, more frequently, releasing/trading them where they then go on to make names for themselves and actually do much better. It boggles my mind how inept the coaching staff/FO were (are??) incapable of getting guys to play to their utmost abilities or use correctly here.

There are many teams who wouldn't have helped Jackson be as successful as he is right now. He landed in a great spot to use his entire skill set. Gase in particular would have ruined him. We saw game in and game out how he stubbornly runs the offense he wants, whether the players are capable of executing it or not, player strengths and weaknesses be damned.

Last edited:
there is nothing in the recent history of this organization that would suggest a talented QB would succeed here. In fact, it’s been proven otherwise. that goes for LJ too.

I've thought about this question probably more than I should. If we had drafted Jackson chances are Gase would still be in town. I'm not ready to anoint Flores but I most definitely saw enough of Gase to know he needed to go.

I love what Jackson brings to the field but his style is also opening him up to potential injury.

With those two concerns I'm still 50/50 on the topic.

I’m not so sure about that. Who knows how much of Lamar we would’ve seen last year. He could’ve easily been the 3rd QB behind Osweiler. Losing the final 3 games in embarrassing fashion went a long way in Ross firing Gase, if that same scenario had played out I don’t think drafting Lamar saves Gase’s job especially when he’s buried on the depth chart.

Also Gase coached sorry *** Tim Tebow to a playoff win in Denver so it’s not like he doesn’t have experience with a running QB.

Also Gase coached sorry *** Tim Tebow to a playoff win in Denver so it’s not like he doesn’t have experience with a running QB.

Right, Gase as qb coach is responsible for Denver’s playoff win. Not the hc, not the oc it was waterboy Gase who was responsible.

What do you think would have happened to Gase and the Dolphins if they drafted Jackson.

I tend to think a lot of his success is thanks to Harbaugh and a front office who know how to build a team. Sadly, I think Gase and the Dolphins would have ruined him.

Your thoughts?

I'll reverse the question. What average or better NFL QB who was the Ravens starter WOULDN'T be successful?

Lamar isn’t just successful he’s the MVP
Plain and simple our organization messed up big time in not drafting him. We missed out on the league future mvp. This one will hurt for years to come. This guy is a generational talent. Only one of those guys come along every generation but we were too stubborn to draft him because he wasnt your traditional qb. Looking at the ravens with a lot of envy right now. That guy should be a dolphin. Now we get to watch him tear up the league

Pretty sure Mike McCoy was their OC that year. We were interested in making him the HC after the season...it was down to him and Philbin IIRC.

Pretty sure Mike McCoy was their OC that year. We were interested in making him the HC after the season...it was down to him and Philbin IIRC.
He isn't a running Qb. He is a great Qb that just happens to run really really well

Miami didnt have the insite like Baltimore did. I don't believe Jackson would have the same success, in Miami, as he has had with the Ravens. I feel bad for Ross, because Jackson was apparently his guy.

Back
Top Bottom