If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

Geezus.

We traded away the only two pro bowl players we have on our team for those picks.

Yeah let’s go ahead and now trade those picks so we can move up 1 spot in the draft lol. That’s great value right there.
The entire reason for trading those players for picks is to have the ammo to trade up for Tua. Are you seriously going to tell me that you wouldn’t trade Tunsil for a Potential franchise qb. If Tua didn’t get hurt, he would be the unquestionable number one pick and the highest rated qb prospect in over a decade. But no, let’s get real VALUE and take a defensive lineman when we have the most draft picks and cap space ever over the the next two years. Because playing it safe and not taking a swing for the fences has worked so well for us over the past 20 years lol.

We stay put. We do not trade up. If anything, we may trade back.

If we trade up to 3 or 4 hopefully it's for an injured player and we give up our entire draft. Anything less than that will be extremely disappointing.

Shhh. Don't make too much sense even if cloaked in facetious sarcasm.

Assuming some other team wants to trade up to 3 or Detroit says they are taking Tua, what if the another team like the Chargers tries to jump Miami for Herbert? If Miami doesn't come out of this draft with a QB of the future it's going to get ugly. The top three are Burrow, Tua and Herbert.. Dolphins have to come out with one of them so would you move up one spot and trade with the Giants to insure we get one?
No trading up for any QB's or anyone else. If the top 3 guys go in top 4 picks then there will be a fantastic player at 5 overall, or we can trade back and land more high picks. Draft a QB next year or later in the draft this year.

So the Giants are taking a QB? News to me. Tua is most likely going to be a Dolphin. His family & Leigh Steinberg are trying the best they can do to get him here, per recent developments.

No trading up for any QB's or anyone else. If the top 3 guys go in top 4 picks then there will be a fantastic player at 5 overall, or we can trade back and land more high picks. Draft a QB next year or later in the draft this year.
A fantastic corner vs a fantastic QB are not even remotely comparable, so you trade up to make sure that fantastic player you get is the most important position in professional sports.

I would wait and draft Love, or Ehlinger from Texas

Gong to be super difficult to draft Ehlinger as he is still on the Longhorn's roster.

The entire reason for trading those players for picks is to have the ammo to trade up for Tua. Are you seriously going to tell me that you wouldn’t trade Tunsil for a Potential franchise qb. If Tua didn’t get hurt, he would be the unquestionable number one pick and the highest rated qb prospect in over a decade. But no, let’s get real VALUE and take a defensive lineman when we have the most draft picks and cap space ever over the the next two years. Because playing it safe and not taking a swing for the fences has worked so well for us over the past 20 years lol.

I’m all for taking some risks but sorry I’m not for trading away picks for a 6ft tall QB who is as frail as my grandmother.

Back
Top Bottom