If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

His dad has apparently been telling people he hopes the Dolphins are the ones to draft Tua, but I don't think this has any benefit to us in any way. Other teams will still try to jump us for him.
Every bit of info causes other teams to stop and think before they put their best offer forward - what Steinberg and Tua’s dad are doing are actually lowering the price of said pick acquisition

Which helps Mia and Tua in the long run if they can hold onto as much cache as possible

His dad has apparently been telling people he hopes the Dolphins are the ones to draft Tua, but I don't think this has any benefit to us in any way. Other teams will still try to jump us for him.
I think it benefits us because teams will think twice before drafting a player who's parents say his heart and their heart is set on Miami.

I don't know if it was known or found out later but Mahome's has it between the ears, is a quick learner, relentless film guy, and passionate. Oh I left out a class guy.

And both fall apart when there's pressure. If that's what you want out of your QB for a 1st round pick...

Tua fell apart, physically. Herbert won his bowl game against Wiscy, and won the PAC12 title against Utah. Yeah, Herbert is 12-2 in his senior season.

I want the Dolphins to keep all the picks they now have and not use any of them to trade up for either Tua or Herbert. The only QB worth trading up for is Burrow and I just don’t see the Bengals trading the first pick in the draft.
Tua is a huge risk at 5 simply because of the numerous injuries he has suffered over the last two years. So trading draft picks to move up in the draft to select Tua makes little sense to me.
If Herbert is there at 5 and they feel he is the QB they want to draft as their future QB,I can live with the pick but of course it isn’t my job on the line if Herbert ends up being a bust.

To be fair, Mahomes was not known as this version of Mahomes, until he reached the NFL, and proved it...There could easily be a few "The next Great QB" in this class.

I understand what you are saying. I just don't see that with draft. I think Burrow will be a very good NFL QB. Everyone else is a shot in the dark. I hope they all have good careers...I just don't want the Dolphins to select any of them.

Tua in the 5th or 6 round. Nothing less...he a walking wreck.

I understand what you are saying. I just don't see that with draft. I think Burrow will be a very good NFL QB. Everyone else is a shot in the dark. I hope they all have good careers...I just don't want the Dolphins to select any of them.

Though I agree with you that taking a QB will be very risky, it's normally a crap shoot with any QB, even Burrow being a one year wonder could have issues dealing in the NFL...Doubtful, but you never know.

Luck was a sure thing, yet he was injured almost as much as he played, snd RG3 had a spectacular 1st year, then after getting injured, he was never close to the QB he once was.

Miami has to take a QB this year, in hopes on hitting, but with all the picks they have in the next two years, if they don't hit, then next year they again have the fire power to trade up for a top QB if need be. Got to get s QB.

Back
Top Bottom