If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

UP?

giphy.gif

Someone should let the Chiefs know that it was stupid for them to trade up for Mahomes. They would've probably won multiple Super Bowls at this point if they never did.
Apples and oranges.

KC already had a playoff caliber team. They did not have 15 holes to fill with starter quality players.

Context is important.

Apples and oranges.

KC already had a playoff caliber team. They did not have 15 holes to fill with starter quality players.

Context is important.
And I'll take a stab at complete hyberbole and say that if we gave them 3 really good non-QB players and took Mahomes off the team, they'd be watching the entire playoffs like the rest of us.

You guys value draft picks WAY too much in this fantasy draft land. There's around a 50% bust chance in the first round and that goes for absolutely every team. Nobody is immune to it. So if you traded extra picks to move up for Tua, the actual value of what you lost is only half that of what you gave up. So in your little scenario there, if we had 15 holes to fill and gave up 3 picks for Tua, we may fill 9 holes instead of 8. We better as a team then hoping our backup QB plan works out all for the sake of one extra player who isn't statistically likely to be some All-Pro?

And I'll take a stab at complete hyberbole and say that if we gave them 3 really good non-QB players and took Mahomes off the team, they'd be watching the entire playoffs like the rest of us.

You guys value draft picks WAY too much in this fantasy draft land. There's around a 50% bust chance in the first round and that goes for absolutely every team. Nobody is immune to it. So if you traded extra picks to move up for Tua, the actual value of what you lost is only half that of what you gave up. So in your little scenario there, if we had 15 holes to fill and gave up 3 picks for Tua, we may fill 9 holes instead of 8. We better as a team then hoping our backup QB plan works out all for the sake of one extra player who isn't statistically likely to be some All-Pro?
They would still make playoff. Every yr.

fiedler had stacked teams and lost, tannehill had absolutely nothing. Tannehill is an above average QB, Fiedler was absolute garbage. A weak armed, turnover machine that squandered all his surrounding talent.

Tannehill on those teams makes deep play off runs.
Respectfully disagree i put a lot at Wannys feet

Fiedler was a leader albeit without the physical tools - he had a young RWilliams otherwise the O was average skill wise, yah McMichael, Chambers, Ron Konrad lol the Oline average the D was talented and yet they still spun out it wasnt solely Jay Fiedler

tanny has flashy stats today & zero PO wins as a MIA QB - i cant just magically put him back there in 2000-2004 we are also talking about the evolution of the nfl and offense - it was a grabby league back then suited the D. Now tanny didnt exactly get us over the hump either his teams werent trash either - he just doesnt have it - and i am a supporter of his - at least until he opted not to have surgery - with tanny if everything isnt right he fades fast and out of the gate like a wilting flower - and that is why they couldn't wait to jettison him

Jay Fiedler did not wilt he just wasnt good and that is the truth about this franchise and there QB choices since Marino

tanny played from behind it seems like every game i ever payed attention which is almost everyone. i cant blame our d they were out o the field what seemed like all game Thill left play after play out there and then he rolled up his stats in the 3rd and 4th quarter but where is that leadership for quarters 1 and 2?

I take Jays leadership as a QB with Thills skills and there you have something -> still cant promise they get us over the hump tho -> thill did not have the moxie and still doesnt -> and Penny came to us to late

I will say the same thing I always do. Jay Fiedler got more out of less than any NFL player I have ever seen. Tough, smart, willing to put his body on the line... just a consummate football player. Almost no actual talent... he would have been the best back up we ever had... if only we'd had a starter.
Jay is my all-time favorite Dolphin.

Herbert spent his college career being awful . . . Why would you want to spend a first rounder (and possibly more) on another Rosen/Tannehill-type QB? Are people really that incapable of learning their lessons?

Herbert is a significantly better prospect than Tannehill.

Tannehil 61.5%, 29 TD, 15INT on 531 attempts, 7.1 average per attempt, 1 yr
Herbert 66.5%, 32 TD, 6 INT, on 428 attempts, 8.1 average per attempt, 3 yr

Much better decision maker, better accuracy, and better scorer per attempt. Better experience. It's not close.

Herbert is a significantly better prospect than Tannehill.

Tannehil 61.5%, 29 TD, 15INT on 531 attempts, 7.1 average per attempt, 1 yr
Herbert 66.5%, 32 TD, 6 INT, on 428 attempts, 8.1 average per attempt, 3 yr

Much better decision maker, better accuracy, and better scorer per attempt. Better experience. It's not close.
And both fall apart when there's pressure. If that's what you want out of your QB for a 1st round pick...

What's he going to say? If he said otherwise, it could end up kind of awkward.
I think what the article meant and what his father meant was that not only would they and Tua be happy to go to Miami, but it's their preferred destination. If they keep coming out with more quotes like this I really don't think we'll need to trade up ... He may just fall into our laps at #5.

I will say the same thing I always do. Jay Fiedler got more out of less than any NFL player I have ever seen. Tough, smart, willing to put his body on the line... just a consummate football player. Almost no actual talent... he would have been the best back up we ever had... if only we'd had a starter.
Jay is my all-time favorite Dolphin.
And a born leader something we haven’t had for too long

I think what the article meant and what his father meant was that not only would they and Tua be happy to go to Miami, but it's their preferred destination. If they keep coming out with more quotes like this I really don't think we'll need to trade up ... He may just fall into our laps at #5.
Yes teams would have to question his heart to play for them

His dad has apparently been telling people he hopes the Dolphins are the ones to draft Tua, but I don't think this has any benefit to us in any way. Other teams will still try to jump us for him.

Back
Top Bottom