If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

Either player selected with the 5th overall pick would be a disaster, IMO. If we are not going QB then the only option should be trading down.

Simmons is the only wild card that might be worthy.
If Tua is gone I take Okudah or Thomas - we have 18 and 26

and we are rolling with the gnome either way

It won’t happen but I’m all about staying at 5 and then seeing what’s up.

NO TRADING UP! I have spoken.

mandalorian-babyyoda-plush-frontpage-700x311.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming some other team wants to trade up to 3 or Detroit says they are taking Tua, what if the another team like the Chargers tries to jump Miami for Herbert? If Miami doesn't come out of this draft with a QB of the future it's going to get ugly. The top three are Burrow, Tua and Herbert.. Dolphins have to come out with one of them so would you move up one spot and trade with the Giants to insure we get one?
I would not trade up under ANY circumstance to draft one player, no matter who it is.

Someone should let the Chiefs know that it was stupid for them to trade up for Mahomes. They would've probably won multiple Super Bowls at this point if they never did.

to be fair Love looks more like Mahomes than Tua does.

That is right my comments are worthless block me Now please

Average QBs are not garbage they are just that arm chair QB - Average

Fiedler didn’t play with these new rules slanted for the Offense so he did what he could do - which wasn’t enuf

Who has been better than Jay if it took you more than three seconds you are reaching for names

this Francshie has personified Average QB since it’s inception one outlier is Dan - Greiss relied on ground and pound he didnt need to carry the team and I doubt he could have

furthermore you have to understand sliding in Tannehills inflated career stats next Fiedlers is a lazy approach

Tannehill and his enormous stats get you an inflated contract still no PO wins

fiedler had stacked teams and lost, tannehill had absolutely nothing. Tannehill is an above average QB, Fiedler was absolute garbage. A weak armed, turnover machine that squandered all his surrounding talent.

Tannehill on those teams makes deep play off runs.

I'm sure that's the reason he was a top 10 NFL draft pick...

And given up on after one year and benched here. Garbage player that was over drafted by an idiot staff, ironically fired the next year.

Either player selected with the 5th overall pick would be a disaster, IMO. If we are not going QB then the only option should be trading down.

Simmons is the only wild card that might be worthy.

BUt tRaDE dOEN is such a garbage philosophy. We already have enough trouble hitting on top 10 picks. Don’t need any more Charles’s Harris like players.

fiedler had stacked teams and lost, tannehill had absolutely nothing. Tannehill is an above average QB, Fiedler was absolute garbage. A weak armed, turnover machine that squandered all his surrounding talent.

Tannehill on those teams makes deep play off runs.
Tannehill was shackled more by coaching than surrounding talent.

If we had a half competent quarterback we would have made numerous deep playoffs runs. fiedler was aboslute garbage. A "game manager" that throws a pick 6 every game...trash trash trash. Thanks for letting me know your opinion on quarterbacks is worthless.

I respectfully disagree. Pennington was the best when he was healthy. It's just he was only healthy for one full season and banged up the other two he was here (basically the story of his career). Chad is one my all-time favorites and a fantastic example of how a weak-armed QB can have success in the NFL. The funny thing is, whe people referred to "weak-armed QB", it is usually in the context of nFL QB's. After his injuries and surgeries on his shoulder, he was weak-armed by an almost universal standard.

I respectfully disagree. Pennington was the best when he was healthy. It's just he was only healthy for one full season and banged up the other two he was here (basically the story of his career). Chad is one my all-time favorites and a fantastic example of how a weak-armed QB can have success in the NFL. The funny thing is, whe people referred to "weak-armed QB", it is usually in the context of nFL QB's. After his injuries and surgeries on his shoulder, he was weak-armed by an almost universal standard.
TBF, Penny's arm was so weak by the time he got to us, we had to gimmick the offense to get chuck yardage with the wildcat.

That is right my comments are worthless block me Now please

Average QBs are not garbage they are just that arm chair QB - Average

Fiedler didn’t play with these new rules slanted for the Offense so he did what he could do - which wasn’t enuf

Who has been better than Jay if it took you more than three seconds you are reaching for names

this Francshie has personified Average QB since it’s inception one outlier is Dan - Greiss relied on ground and pound he didnt need to carry the team and I doubt he could have

furthermore you have to understand sliding in Tannehills inflated career stats next Fiedlers is a lazy approach

Tannehill and his enormous stats get you an inflated contract still no PO wins

Afte Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield left for the World League, Griese was great and put up excellent passing numbers...especially for the 1970's. Griese was always excellent, it's just he didn't have to pass much until later in his career.

Back
Top Bottom