If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

2020 I dont think none of these first rd qb are answer. Yall on hear acting like yall going crazy.

Rosen has all the physical tools except for size. He is tall but small (thin) and I fear he will be very frail. Personally, I'm no fan of his or his attitude I posted before about his "lazy coaches" comment before he was drafted). I'm not sure about his mental moxie yet either.

lacks arm talent and football IQ....does nothing well

2020 I dont think none of these first rd qb are answer. Yall on hear acting like yall going crazy.
None...Burrow and Tua, not the answer. May I ask who is the answer in 2021? I watched both those dudes a lot, and when the playoffs came around, when it came time to put up...they both struggled.

Geez, we haven't even gotten to free agency where 12, 13 quarterbacks will be on the move? This talk is all way too early.

Gotta get a QB this year. 13 picks left this year to fortify the team plus next years haul. We have to get a QB this year.

im turning 30 and Miami has been awful as long as I can remember

bad memory then....they were good through the mid 80s to the late 90s and then held back by a horrible Jay fiedler in the 2000s but still won a fair share of games.

If Detroit wants more than a couple second round picks to swap with us then I’m perfectly happy with taking Love at #18. His upside is well worth it as a consolation prize after Tua.

bad memory then....they were good through the mid 80s to the late 90s and then held back by a horrible Jay fiedler in the 2000s but still won a fair share of games.
That horrible Fiedler is the best QB we have had since Marino years - he made the most out of his abilities

Assuming some other team wants to trade up to 3 or Detroit says they are taking Tua, what if the another team like the Chargers tries to jump Miami for Herbert? If Miami doesn't come out of this draft with a QB of the future it's going to get ugly. The top three are Burrow, Tua and Herbert.. Dolphins have to come out with one of them so would you move up one spot and trade with the Giants to insure we get one?

No on both, this draft is going to be a poker game, and no matter how you invision the draft to go, we will be holding AAAA before even pick one is made...Don't Blink.

The Bengals, Redskins, Lions, and the Giants have limited picks (Miami doesn't), they have to make sure they hit on their picks (Miami can miss on one or two of the top picks, and still not as big a problem), so other then the Bengals, and big maybe on the Lions, nobody will be taking a QB until the Dolphins pick at 5.

If a team behind us thinks about jumping us, it will be extremely expensive, and for either a QB that is coming off a load of injuries, or another QB that only the last two games, has looked like he is worthy of a top 5 pick...also those teams also have limited picks. Don't blink Miami please.

Miami's situation is having the most resources in this coming draft...And it's not to be able to trade up.

Miami stays put, and allows the draft to come to them, with all the picks they have, they will strike gold. If nobody takes a QB other then the Bengals, Miami has it's pick of Riskier, but highest floor in draft Tua, or a healthier, and highiest ceiling in draft Herbert.

If one team moves up and only takes Tua, Miami can just take Herbert...If one team takes Herbert, Miami can take Tua...If a few teams move up and take both Tua and Herbert, then fine, take one of the top LT, or Edge Rushers, and then at 18, take one of the other QBs remaining. Give him a shot against Rosen...hoping one of them emerges as the future, if niether do, get rid of Rosen, and go all out in 2021 to land one of the top two QBs to compete with who was picked in 2020.

Last edited:
Anthony Gordon 2nd round.
It’s time to pay up. Go get your qb.

Yes, but who? They should've done that last season and the one before and so on.
Last year they got their qb, Rosen. And they got Wilkins in the first round. That worked out great.
This team is run by idiots, that's the problem.

Dudes, Everyone knows we covet Tua...Everyone!

This is the worst kept secret in the NFL draft...They get it, Half the Fanbase wants Tua. end of story, finito caput DONE! There's no one with more draft capital than us, It's purely in the negotiations stage.

And I don't wan't Herbert, because that's how you get ants, do you want ants!

Back
Top Bottom