If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

Say they don't "love" Tua or Herbert. A trade down could net them another #1 next year, giving them another set of guys to pick from.
I wouldnt agree with them, but at least it wouldnt be a total **** up... At least depending on how far back they go and what they decide to do in the rest of the draft. If they decide to punt QB till next year, that pick might have to be part of a package for a QB next year anyway... If they go 8-8, well they will flat out regret not taking their shot this year... IMO

I wouldnt agree with them, but at least it wouldnt be a total **** up... At least depending on how far back they go and what they decide to do in the rest of the draft. If they decide to punt QB till next year, that pick might have to be part of a package for a QB next year anyway... If they go 8-8, well they will flat out regret not taking their shot this year... IMO
There is certainly a risk, in that event.

I know you can't assume anything, but the Houston pick in likely 20ish. Our pick at 8-8 is what 15ish? That leaves the pick of whoever we would be trading with.

If its a QB needy team, likely a top 10 pick.

Do those three picks get us a top 2 prospect? Hard to say, and I'm with you, not something I would want to count on.

There is certainly a risk, in that event.

I know you can't assume anything, but the Houston pick in likely 20ish. Our pick at 8-8 is what 15ish? That leaves the pick of whoever we would be trading with.

If its a QB needy team, likely a top 10 pick.

Do those three picks get us a top 2 prospect? Hard to say, and I'm with you, not something I would want to count on.
I mean lets say they do trade back, net a future 1st and land either Love or Herbert, it'd be really hard not to call that a home run... They arent my personnal choice but value wise, I dont see how I could bitch about that. And it'd be a much more robust solution than punting the position till next year.

I mean lets say they do trade back, net a future 1st and land either Love or Herbert, it'd be really hard not to call that a home run... They arent my personnal choice but value wise, I dont see how I could bitch about that. And it'd be a much more robust solution than punting the position till next year.

I really doubt you get Herbert if we trade back. Chargers, Panthers, Falcons, Raiders are all potential players for QB.

Love is a possibility though. Some like Hurts as well.

The judging of a 22 year old QB with an immense natural gift to throw the football blows my mind. People keep saying Rosen sucks and he’s not the answer at this stage are ridiculous. I mean, many good QBs struggled for years. He’ll get better and we’re invested in him. I hope he gets the chance, if not here elsewhere.

The judging of a 22 year old QB with an immense natural gift to throw the football blows my mind. People keep saying Rosen sucks and he’s not the answer at this stage are ridiculous. I mean, many good QBs struggled for years. He’ll get better and we’re invested in him. I hope he gets the chance, if not here elsewhere.
Let's hope it's elsewhere.

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

No. I don't want the Dolphins to trade up for anybody. We have serious equity with our slew of draft choices. I would hate to waste that by tarding picks away just to move up a couple spots for questionable players (I've said from day one, I don't want Tua. I'm not crazy about Herbert either). I actually hope we don't touch a QB this year. Instead, I hope we shore up the O-Line. I also want to fortify our defense. We can take a QB next year (I still want Trevor Lawrence and nobody else).

I'm sorry I saw "we" like I'm part of the team :)

There's no better physical specimen than Rosen, and Herbert seems to have the same problems as Rosen. Tua is the only QB worth drafting early, assuming Burrow is long gone

Rosen is a weak armed, weak minded putz....Herbert's measurables are WAY superior...where is this rosen nonsense coming from?

I would love if JR came out en fuego next year, but if we pass completely on QB, and it doesn't work out, Grier might be out of a job.

Hard to make a case for him to keep his job in that scenario.

Why wouldn’t Washington say they are open for business?

They should be.

For them, it should be Tua or trade down - like pretty much every team in the Top 10 until Tua is off the board.

Rosen is a weak armed, weak minded putz....Herbert's measurables are WAY superior...where is this rosen nonsense coming from?

Rosen has all the physical tools except for size. He is tall but small (thin) and I fear he will be very frail. Personally, I'm no fan of his or his attitude I posted before about his "lazy coaches" comment before he was drafted). I'm not sure about his mental moxie yet either.

Back
Top Bottom