If we beat the Bills.. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we beat the Bills..

for the last 10 years we have struggled to beat the Bills, they have owned us.
Thank Philbin for turning a tough, physical team into a "finesse" bunch of pansies. Sparano's o-lines held their own against the tough d-lines of the Bills and Jets, winning most of those games. But, the o-lines under Philbin and Gase were consistently pushed around and physically dominated by the Bills and Jets, resulting in mostly losses. (Philbin gets rid of Incognito in favor of Martin, and Incognito goes on to be a Pro Bowler with Buffalo.) Under the current regime, Grier has replaced most of the roster, but the team is still not as tough and physical as I'd like them to be. The Steelers pressured Allen with just their Front 4; Miami can't do that!

I'm NOT a fan of Grier. He was a part of the Front Office during the Philbin and Gase regimes, so he was to some degree part of the problem. Sure, he can wheel and deal and collect draft picks, I'll give him that, but I don't think he's very good at drafting. It's Year 3 under Flores and the o-line is still a problem, and the d-line needs extra help to pressure QBs.

i hope allen makes a mistake running and ends up on the wrong end of one of those massive elandon roberts collisions.

Ya we got some thumpers. Eguavon as well can lay some wood.

Our front 7 need to do there jobs and Allen will throw picks.

We also need to keep Diggs frustrated. If Allen can't find his accuracy again this week, Stefon might start to bitch. He was p*ssed on Sunday.

How does the outlook of the season change? Should our expectations be higher than a fringe playoff team or will the Bills just stink this year? Thoughts?
Expectations for me was always high. Expected us to challenge for division and make noise in playoffs. Beating the jills doesn't change that

How much is "a bit"?

Just wondering how much more we could do the first 2 games beyond beating the Patriots on their home field and then beating the Bill's on our home field?

I also wonder what those "realist" fans are going to say?

Will they still be complaining, and if so, what will they be complaining about?

Surely they won't be upset if we win both those games - LOL

I really do think it depends how it happens.

I won't really be as impressed if both QBs throw 4 interceptions and we win a game where both teams look awful, for a random example.

If both teams look crisp and we win, he'll yeah I'll be pumped.

I agree though that a win is a win and noone should complain about the win itself. There are things to improve on in every game though and its fine to discuss them.

Just my 2 cents.

Last year we lost "this" game by 3 points, I fully expect this team to shoot for 8-0 at home.

This is a must win game, history and recent history is still in the past, keep it there, move forward. We need to protect this house and win the division,first and foremost, and it will all settle afterwards.

We now are that team noone wants on their schedule!

Agreed...we're not better than the Bills not by a long shot, I still see us being a year away maybe two. The Bills are built to win now, this year is supposedly their time.
And you know this how? Give us the data. The Bills are 0-1 and lost to a very average Steelers team at home.

How does the outlook of the season change? Should our expectations be higher than a fringe playoff team or will the Bills just stink this year? Thoughts?
For sure, that would be two division wins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom