If we drafted Pitts at 6... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we drafted Pitts at 6...

At this point I really fear Pitts will NOT make it to 6. Buy yeah, I sure hope so!
So let's say he does -- and he's like getting a 2-for-1 receiver -- TE and WR with some slot
in the mix as well. Team him with Etienne and we're off to the races!

That would leave us with 2 R2s to play some D and maybe OL. I can't see how that's not good medicine.

i would see who is there at the 2b pick. a guy like eskridge in the 3rd would be great. heard he may go 2nd now

then you might as well don't draft a WR at all because we already have plenty of the type of WR's you'd get on day three. That'd be a wasted pick and they probably wouldn't be any better than the 7 or 8 guys we have in the room after the top 3
well... considering how many maybes that we have... we probably have what we need with one high profile draftee.

I'll just say this. If your TE's and RB's can't pass block you have a recipe for disaster. This applies no matter how well they can pass catch.

There is a reason why the top paid TE's can block and the top rated "move TE's" are paid a good deal less.

Bro, strategically all a TE really needs to learn is how to chip and chip well. You shouldn’t require a TE to block but of course it’s a HUGE commodity.

For me, everything you can find wrong with Pitts can be taught. Only God can teach 6’6, 4.44, hands for days.

If you could guarantee the availability of Williams, Parker and Fuller along with getting back 2018 (before injury) Wilson as opposed to the 2019 variant. Then no. But you can't and that's the reason why we needed two pass catchers going into this draft and we still need that, otherwise Tua is throwing to Hollins, Ford and rookie converts Bowden and Perry again down the stretch.

Fortunately there is plenty of depth in this class and plenty of options at either 81 or 156 for us to augment it. Having said that if Smith or Waddle fall to 18 after we took Pitts or Chase, I'm running that card up there personally.

I think it opens things up more to be able to truly go BPA at 18 but I would still be inclined to take a receiver. Pitts still doesn’t give u a WR1. I’ll take Toney or phillips at 18 (if Harris isn’t there )

No RB?

Edit: just wanted to clarify that we amassed these pics to grab 4 young super talented prospects. Our backfield is "ok". We have the opportunity to grab 1 of 3 potential super-talented RBs in this draft (and we need one). Not getting 1 of them with 4 picks in round 1-2 would be a travesty.

Last edited:
History suggests that at some point Parker, Williams, Wilson, Fuller and Grant will all be injured. Perhaps even at the same time like later in the 2020 season where we lost crucial games. I’d still like to draft someone from this deep WR class day 1 or early day 2.

I believe it was “Digital” who had a great post regarding taking Pitts. Lining up Pitts and Gesicki won’t be a true 12 personnel, nor Gronk/Hernandez part 2 but more akin to 4 WR’s since Pitts/Gesicki can’t be counted on as a blocker.*

Maybe they take Pitts and do end up running some hybrid 12/4 Wide package but if they do that I would think the RB you choose has to be able to block and get yards on their own. Harris and Williams could be that guy whereas I do not see Etienne succeeding in that role.

*Apologies in advance if the referenced post was by someone else.

No RB?

Edit: just wanted to clarify that we amassed these pics to grab 4 young super talented prospects. Our backfield is "ok". We have the opportunity to grab 1 of 3 potential super-talented RBs in this draft (and we need one). Not getting 1 of them with 4 picks in round 1-2 would be a travesty.
I wonder when the run on RBs will begin? There are 17 picks between our #18 and #36, and 13 picks between #36 and #50.

I think we need to go offense/defense in the first round, unless a WR falls to 18.

6 Pitts
18 Philips

36 Whichever RB is there, unless Collins is there.

I think that would be the best route.

I wonder when the run on RBs will begin? There are 17 picks between our #18 and #36, and 13 picks between #36 and #50.
You can take Mocks and value estimates and throw them out the window wich makes drafting so exciting/stressful but Harris is projected to go before 18, Etienne is projected to go late 1st round or super early second. Williams is projected to go before 40. This a rough analysis of every Mock and projection Ive seen. I really doubt any of the 3 make it to 50.

18 Philips
No, no, no and please no.
Do I think Jaelon Phillips is a #18 pick without his concussion issues?
Yes, absolutely. In fact, I think he would be top 10. He is talented but with todays concussion protocols and his history I would in no way draft him before round 6 due that huge risk factor.
We can't ignore that he retired once already from having suffered so many concussions.
I'm a huge Canes fan and love Jaelon's ability but to ignore his history is folly.

Back
Top Bottom