If we drafted Pitts at 6... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we drafted Pitts at 6...

...would we even need to draft a WR?

I'm assuming Miami would run 12 personnel most of the time, so you're looking at Pitts, Gesicki, RB , Parker, and Fuller. You'd also have Bowden, Albert Wilson, Preston Williams, etc., as backups. Is there really a need to draft a WR?

If we picked Pitts (assuming he's available), then you just need a RB and that's it for the O (unless you want to also go OL like C or T).

So you could possibly do:

1. Pitts
1a. (Trade down into the 20s and pick up a 3rd rounder) - Z. Collins
2. C. Humphrey
2b. C. Basham
3. J. Holland (I personally would like to get another nickel or S)
3b. K. Gainwell / T. Sermon / K. Herbert

There are lots of other variations of course, but taking Pitts allows you to not focus on WR I would think.
We’d still need a receiver. Fuller parker and Williams all have durability issues.

...would we even need to draft a WR?

I'm assuming Miami would run 12 personnel most of the time, so you're looking at Pitts, Gesicki, RB , Parker, and Fuller. You'd also have Bowden, Albert Wilson, Preston Williams, etc., as backups. Is there really a need to draft a WR?

If we picked Pitts (assuming he's available), then you just need a RB and that's it for the O (unless you want to also go OL like C or T).

So you could possibly do:

1. Pitts
1a. (Trade down into the 20s and pick up a 3rd rounder) - Z. Collins
2. C. Humphrey
2b. C. Basham
3. J. Holland (I personally would like to get another nickel or S)
3b. K. Gainwell / T. Sermon / K. Herbert

There are lots of other variations of course, but taking Pitts allows you to not focus on WR I would think.
It's my personal opinion that there are a few pro bowl players in this draft Pitts and Harris are 2 of them. If Harris is available at 18 you take him.

If Miami drafts Pitts, it doesn't need "need" another WR this year, but it's an outstanding draft at the top for WR, Fuller is on a 1-year contract, and Miami could position go from having one of the least-talented skill groups to one of the most-talented in one off season.

If you're looking at a high-ceiling, high-floor receiver, I wouldn't pass him up, because it'd be hard to get him reps over Parker or Gesicki. By 2022, that player is likely the 2nd or 3rd option behind Pitts and Fuller (if Miami re-signs him). Gesicki may or may not be back in 2022, and Parker would be one of the better 3rd or 4th options in the league. A dynamic, versatile passing game covers a lot of sins. I'd rather bolster the most important aspect of the team's future (the passing game) and take advantage of the talent in 2021 than worry about filling holes.

Pitts at 6 would be ideal. Smith or Chase great fall backs
Talent , need, and provides some draft flexibility...
#18 becomes interesting
Usually against Rd1 RB but might be spot given the depth chart / FA / board.

Pitts isn’t going to be there at 6. The Falcons will take him at 4 and the Bengals will likely draft Chase at 5. So the Dolphins will be drafting either Smith, Waddle, or Sewell at 6.

If they decide to take Sewell at 6, I would assume they would take the best available WR on the board at 18.

If Pitts is there at 6 and we can get defensive help at 18 at decent value and a great reciever drops to 2 a then yes. That pushes rb need and center down a bit. I am of the mindset if both Chase and Pitts are gone as many have posted here if I am Grier I might trade back with Denver take my chances on getting Waddle or Smith later and pick up additional draft capital. If Slater can play center as well as the other positions as advertised then he is a consideration at 9. But Waddle or Smith will be there.

If we take Pitts I hope we follow it up with Bateman at 18. We need a WR that can run precise routes.

We would still be lacking a long term de facto bonafide #1 WR. Uncle Devante is likely gone after this year and he’s not going to play 17 games either.

If we take Pitts I hope we follow it up with Bateman at 18. We need a WR that can run precise routes.
Pitts and Elijah Moore are my favorite players in this draft class. I don’t think Miami is interested in drafting pitts. Most dolphin fans believe we should take a WR @ 6 but what if Grier and Flores are thinking differently.

We would still be lacking a long term de facto bonafide #1 WR. Uncle Devante is likely gone after this year and he’s not going to play 17 games either.
What leads you to beleive DVP will be gone next year.

He becomes a pretty cheap veteran reciever after this season, if I'm looking at his contract correctly.

If a good receiver is dropping I would get him, meaning he is current BPA at the pick.

Those saying Phillip @18 have NO IDEA of his injury and concussion history...NONE!

Back
Top Bottom