If we drafted Pitts at 6... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we drafted Pitts at 6...

Well, He’s going to be lined up and play a lot more like a TE than a WR. That’s just a fact!

His greatest potential and mismatch capability comes when he lines up and teams approach him as a TE putting their safety and/or LB on him.

Things get more dicey when you start putting corners on him.

Sure he’ll win but it comes with more risk too.
disagree on ALL fronts.

If we can get Pitts at 6 and then trade up to 10-14 and get either Smith or Waddle that would be such a home run.
I have to say. Pitts and Smith would be pretty awesome.

I'm assuming our 50 would be utilized.

Pitts/Smith/ J Williams?

I am a huge Tua guy
If he doesn't get it done with that offense, we'll thanks Grier for getting future assets, it will turn out to be perfect.

For the record, I want defense at 18. MOEHRIG.

However, Pitts/Smith/ Williams would make me quickly forget about Moehrig/ Parsons or any project pass rusher

Can you elaborate?

I'm at a loss to understand what that even means, from an Xs & Os standpoint.

Winning against LBs and Safeties should be a piece of cake. However, going up against faster, quicker, and more skilled guys at the corner position comes with more risk.

I think we have twelve wide receivers right now, and before kickoff next season I bet we have twelve more. They will churn them over looking for guys who can run and catch. Having a guy that can put it on the money and I mean one of the most accurate guys you've ever seen, can make some chicken salad if you know what I mean. Like running backs, if you have vision and a little burst, you get with a great line opening holes and you look like you should have been drafted a lot higher.

Winning against LBs and Safeties should be a piece of cake. However, going up against faster, quicker, and more skilled guys at the corner position comes with more risk.
Meh, body position, strength, and ball placement are pretty good equalizers in that situation.

Besides injury history, concussion history, and he quit on the game. No problem! Worthy of a 18 overall pick.
I'm thinking paye is my favorite at 18. The numbers are not there in terms of production but if you look at the tape you see one hell of a football player.

Pitts would take all your coverage with him situationally as much as possible but you’d still have the inconsistent iso options on the outside in terms of separation. And you’d have gesicki still struggling to give you a not negative return relative to snaps played if you didn’t smartly unload him to the highest bidder to clear yourself a path for pitts to be used for everything basically.

short answer is yes you still need a wr. If Miami drafts devonta smith at 6 (get ready for it cause I doubt it’s a worst case scenario play for us) then I could see Miami punting on adding any other wr piece early cause he can play inside or outside as a wr for you and provides separation abilities for either

Back
Top Bottom