If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen?

If we are being objective, the Rosen led cardinals ended up with the worst record in football. He was then fired by that team. He is now backing up a 38 year old that has never been to the playoffs. That's the Josh Rosen story so far. Don't think I want to be hitched to that wagon.

But make all the excuses you want about why he isn't starting. Guess we are gonna protect him until 2020. His third season in the league.
That's the way it used to be done before this win-now or else mentality and rookie cap pressure took over. You're pressured to playing a rookie before he is ready because the clock is ticking on his rookie contract and free agency. Coaches are forced to play them immediately because we don't keep coaches around for long if they don't win immediately, so they play them out of their own selfish interests and don't allow them time to properly develop and learn behind a veteran. This, unfortunately, is what the league has become...

So if you are not trying to win you are .......?

Losing

And if you are Ok putting this product on the field - a complete embarrassment- then this is an intentional tank for the chance at a better future
They will be trying to win with what they have, they are not rolling over. The "product" resulted from getting rid of the dead weight, we had too much dead cap space and veterans who didn't perform to the level of their salaries. By keeping them around and slowly replacing them, you are doing nothing to change your position, you are perpetuating the mediocrity we've been mired in for years all while tying up valuable cap space that is being wasted. Clean house and start from scratch, there was no other way at this point. They're not saying "Hey, let's go out and lose this weekend." There is no one they got rid of that deserved to be here, the players that did, they kept. They didn't get rid of guys to lose, they got rid of guys because they weren't in their plans. If they were getting rid of guys for the sole purpose of losing, they would have gotten rid of X, Minka and Baker, 3 of their best players on defense. If you are intentionally trying to lose, why wouldn't you get rid of the best players on the team and all but guarantee it? That would pretty much ensure you would lose. So your argument makes no sense.

Keep hanging on to the "Tanking mentality" if it makes you feel better.

What ever floats your boat.

if you havnt noticed, his boat has a few BIG holes in it so he can't float it much longer. Talk about someone with an agenda!!

if you havnt noticed, his boat has a few BIG holes in it so he can't float it much longer. Talk about someone with an agenda!!
Well, using your own analogy, if you have a "boat full of holes", the best course is to get that thing into dry dock and fix it properly. Trying to plug them one at a time" while afloat, just leads to temporary repairs that are never finished, and a boat that is barely seaworthy.

It doesn't mean you are scuttling your craft. It means extemsive repairs that are costly in the short term have to be done, but if the repairs are done right, you end up with a good strong ship that with a good captain, can give you many many years of reliable, luxurious service.

TBH I don't think it matters anymore. Josh Rosen isn't the answer. The answer is currently wearing crimson while playing his last season at Alabama.

The Dolphins will find a way to get some value back for Josh eventually. For now, just enjoy the tank.

TBH I don't think it matters anymore. Josh Rosen isn't the answer. The answer is currently wearing crimson while playing his last season at Alabama.

The Dolphins will find a way to get some value back for Josh eventually. For now, just enjoy the tank.

hmmmm. Check out this video and see if you feel the same about rosen being "the answer" or not and the future of the nfl.

Dude was a 21-year-old kid, what would you expect?
I expect to not sweep everything he does under the rug. He's 21 years old which isn't a kid. He's a grown man working at his job like the rest of the human race. He doesn't get to be immune to criticism when he performs poorly while everybody else gets blamed.

See, this is what I don't get. This should literally be the LAST fan base in the entire league that I would think would pile on the excuses for poor quarterback play. I thought we learned that the same excuses we used for 23 year old Tannehill were the same ones we were using for 30 year old Tannehill and that nothing ever changed until the realization finally occurred that maybe he was a big part of the problem. I just don't want to read another 7 years of excuses for Rosen where he needs an All-Pro everything before he can actually be judged for playing poorly.

hmmmm. Check out this video and see if you feel the same about rosen being "the answer" or not and the future of the nfl.

First, He spends more time gloating about Mayock over there in Oakland.
Yeah, that Mayock that traded for that mess that's AB.

Anyway, sucks to be Rosen. I don't think he's being given or will be given the best opportunity to really see what he can do.
Clearly, his 1st year in Arizona and prior is being used as his audition tape.

The only think i question with the Dolphins in this regard is giving up a 2nd round pick for him.
Especially assuming they knew Tua was the guy no matter what they're going to draft the following year.

Surely, if you wanted a competent back-up you could have gotten one for something cheaper than a 2nd round pick investment?

Big picture says it was a miscalculation on the Dolphins part at this juncture.

First, He spends more time gloating about Mayock over there in Oakland.
Yeah, that Mayock that traded for that mess that's AB.

Anyway, sucks to be Rosen. I don't think he's being given or will be given the best opportunity to really see what he can do.
Clearly, his 1st year in Arizona and prior is being used as his audition tape.

The only think i question with the Dolphins in this regard is giving up a 2nd round pick for him.
Especially assuming they knew Tua was the guy no matter what they're going to draft the following year.

Surely, if you wanted a competent back-up you could have gotten one for something cheaper than a 2nd round pick investment?

Big picture says it was a miscalculation on the Dolphins part at this juncture.

I find it funny that we got him for a late 2nd round pick yet everyone feels he should be stepping in a carrying the franchise right away or it's a failure. I mean we spent the type of draft capital on him that's usually associated with developing a QB, so why is he expected to come in and be a saviour at the start of the season?

If he was expected to come in and carry a franchise right away don't you think teams would have been lining up to draft him with a first round pick?

I find it funny that we got him for a late 2nd round pick yet everyone feels he should be stepping in a carrying the franchise right away or it's a failure. I mean we spent the type of draft capital on him that's usually associated with developing a QB, so why is he expected to come in and be a saviour at the start of the season?

If he was expected to come in and carry a franchise right away don't you think teams would have been lining up to draft him with a first round pick?

So the logic is to invest in the quality back up first before drafting the franchise QB?
Please tell me that's not what you mean.

Personally, I would have called Arizona's bluff. I would have offered them a 3rd-4th round pick.

Believe me they were in a much tougher place keeping Rosen on the roster with Murray.

Everyone knew that and the longer he stayed on the roster with the ongoing circus the less leverage they had.

So the logic is to invest in the quality back up first before drafting the franchise QB?
Please tell me that's not what you mean.

Personally, I would have called Arizona's bluff. I would have offered them a 3rd-4th round pick.

Believe me they were in a much tougher place keeping Rosen on the roster with Murray.

Everyone knew that and the longer he stayed on the roster with the ongoing circus the less leverage they had.

That's not what I mean at all.

He just needs to develop a bit and it's going to take a little longer because last season was so disruptive. Is he a surefire top 10-15 QB? Absolutely not. However, making that claim would have as much merit as tossing him on the junk heap because he's not starting week 1 against a quality defence behind an atrocious offensive line as he LEARNS the offence.

I suspected Fitzpatrick would open the season as the #1 QB the day we traded for Rosen. Drafting is one thing, developing is another.

They will be trying to win with what they have, they are not rolling over. The "product" resulted from getting rid of the dead weight, we had too much dead cap space and veterans who didn't perform to the level of their salaries. By keeping them around and slowly replacing them, you are doing nothing to change your position, you are perpetuating the mediocrity we've been mired in for years all while tying up valuable cap space that is being wasted. Clean house and start from scratch, there was no other way at this point. They're not saying "Hey, let's go out and lose this weekend." There is no one they got rid of that deserved to be here, the players that did, they kept. They didn't get rid of guys to lose, they got rid of guys because they weren't in their plans. If they were getting rid of guys for the sole purpose of losing, they would have gotten rid of X, Minka and Baker, 3 of their best players on defense. If you are intentionally trying to lose, why wouldn't you get rid of the best players on the team and all but guarantee it? That would pretty much ensure you would lose. So your argument makes no sense.

The product sucks the players will try but the players are overall poor
They haven’t even had to replace the CFL caliber players on their roster yet - the injuries will mount - we will have Tua

Book it

And The tank was inevitable without trading our LT - they scraped away any chance at winning since March

In some ways, I think it makes a lot of sense. With the offensive line in flux, give the vet the early starts then get Rosen in there.

No he is the better QB and you might be able to pimp him out for a decent draft pick

Back
Top Bottom