I'm beginning to believe that Watson will be traded! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm beginning to believe that Watson will be traded!

Yeah I don't think Houston will get anywhere near what they're asking for if they're looking to move him.
If Watson knows Miami is interested, and he definitely wants to come here as his first choice, the price would not be as bad as expected.

With the Jets entire organization in upheaval and rebuild mode I don't think Watson would go there, he likes Coach Flo and would play hard for him...

Tua, Howard and our 18th...Welcome to Miami...
Isn't he pouting because he wanted the new jests HC in Houston?

Watson is pounding the table for his boy Eric Bieniemy ,to be coach....check out Erics' rap sheet on beating women...
and people wonder why he hasn't been hired yet.

Watson is pounding the table for his boy Eric Bieniemy ,to be coach....check out Erics' rap sheet on beating women...
and people wonder why he hasn't been hired yet.
I think teams are worried about another Philbin type situation. Reid is the play caller not Bieniemy. It's my understanding he did horrible in interviews last year.

I read Watson also wanted Riddick as the GM.

This...Also do you REALLY want a Guy who thinks he is the QB/Coach/GM wrapped into 1?
All im saying is Deshawn seems to be the type who wants to micromanage his situation and we all know from experience that does not work well in Miami.
Landry ,Minkah , Drake and all the other who wanted a say are Bye Bye

Ill stick with Tua ...add weapons like Smith and his teammate at RB then take my chances
EXACTLY!!!!

There is now a posted betting line on who gets Watson:

The odds for Deshaun Watson’s next team

New York Jets 2/1
Miami Dolphins 3/1
Chicago Bears 4/1
Denver Broncos 5/1
Indianapolis Colts 8/1
New England Patriots 8/1
Philadelphia Eagles 10/1
Carolina Panthers 12/1
Washington Football Team 12/1
Detroit Lions 12/1
Las Vegas Raiders 12/1
New Orleans Saints 15/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 15/1
San Francisco 49ers 20/1
Dallas Cowboys 20/1
Los Angeles Rams 30/1
Minnesota Vikings 30/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 30/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1
New York Giants 30/1
Tennessee Titans 40/1
Cleveland Browns 40/1
Los Angeles Chargers 50/1
Cincinnati Bengals 50/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 70/1
Baltimore Ravens 70/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Seattle Seahawks 100/1
Green Bay Packers 200/1
Kansas City Chiefs 300/1

He may have a short list of preferred teams, and that, I think is skewing the odds a bit.

Without knowing all of the teams that he'd agree to a trade to, I'd think he'd like Miami first. However, any team in position to draft TL or JF probably wouldn't make a trade like that AND have a salary like that either. So, barring a trade up by another team, this knocks Miami and the Jets (FTJ) down the list.

Next, I think his short list would likely include teams that were already good and HE would put them over the top or a team he'd feel heard, understood, and respected by the HC and FO. The Broncos, effin' Patriots, and Carolina stand out to me.

We shall see.

He may have a short list of preferred teams, and that, I think is skewing the odds a bit.

Without knowing all of the teams that he'd agree to a trade to, I'd think he'd like Miami first. However, any team in position to draft TL or JF probably wouldn't make a trade like that AND have a salary like that either. So, barring a trade up by another team, this knocks Miami and the Jets (FTJ) down the list.

Next, I think his short list would likely include teams that were already good and HE would put them over the top or a team he'd feel heard, understood, and respected by the HC and FO. The Broncos, effin' Patriots, and Carolina stand out to me.

We shall see.
I'm with you on the prospective teams...

Obviously the Eagles or Saints would LOVE to be in this discussion, but their caps are so bad... and they'll need all of their draft picks to replace the players they will lose because of cap Hell.

There is a sweet spot for those looking for Watson. Cap space, iffy QB, and draft resources... that really diminishes the competition.

Here's the salary cap list for 2021.

Screenshot_20210120-150254_Chrome.jpg

if there's a chance you can swing this trade, you absolutely do it.

people are really doubting Watson's drive? As Randy Moss said, the days of shut up and play are over. He should be pissed.

If those same people questioning Watson saw our GM burn assets and dish out disrespect like they do in HOU, they would be outraged.

He sure didn't find that disrespect until after he signed that contract extension and got his signing bonus.

Now he thinks he should have say on FO personnel? Insanity. Is he in charge of contracts going forward?

He has leverage and Houston’s decisions were actively hurting the team. Before he signed his extension, he was promised certain things. These things have not exactly been delivered - some hilariously poorly, so he justifiably wants out.

This will sound harsh but people judging the kid as a cancer etc are just plain ignorant or hateful. It’s hard to relate to a superstar athlete for sure, but he’s still a human and he’s going to react the same way we all would if our employer, desperate for us, actively lied to us.

Millions of us don't make millions of dollars and aren't pampered from 6th grade on. Ignorant or hateful? That's just stupid.

Oh and millions of us can't use social media to shame our bosses and still have a job the next day. But we are the ignorant ones....or hateful. What a crock.

He sure didn't find that disrespect until after he signed that contract extension and got his signing bonus.

Now he thinks he should have say on FO personnel? Insanity. Is he in charge of contracts going forward?
Next time somebody sets 156 million in front of you and you say no let me know.

All these threads about DW and all multiple pages long with a bunch of people myself included explaining that he’s not upset about not having a say on personnel matters and explaining what’s really going on and people are still posting stuff like this. Wow

Thats your guys premise. I reject it. Wow.

I can read articles from Houston to NYC and the various outlets.

If the franchise was as bad as many have opined, he was under NO OBLIGATION to sign that extension.
Its not like his earning potential a year later would have been hurt. Nope. It would of meant FA.

Yeah sure let’s turn down 156 million and take a chance of getting a career ending injury and then be left without nothing. Smart buisness decision their.

No it wouldn’t have meant FA. It would have meant back to back franchise tags where again you take a chance on a big injury and get left at the table without nothing.

Anybody yourself included would have signed that contract and not risked losing it all. That’s buisness 101.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom