I'm beginning to believe that Watson will be traded! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm beginning to believe that Watson will be traded!

That’s the point bro. They didn’t listen. They didn’t even request an interview for a single guy he gave input on.

Im from upstate SC and I’m a huge Clemson fan. I had 3 buddies that I’ve known all my life that went to Clemson with him so I’ve met DW quite a few times. He is not the cancerous Antonio Brown type guy. He’s the complete antithesis of that. He’s a born leader and he wants to win. Money is great for him but the dude wants to win. Winning/legacy trump money for him and always will. The guy gives away so much of his money to help others it’s crazy. His mom is a super nice lady that’s been through hell and back as she had tongue cancer and has no tongue now. She went through that while DW was still early in high school so he had to grow up quick. The guy is one of the best dudes you’ll even want to hangout with. He’s the type of guy you want your daughter to marry.

You have ignored my point.

His making a recommendation is not the same thing as the FO being obligated to follow through on his recommendation.

Considering the other information you have presented, I think its fair to say your knowing him has shaded your view point to where you ignore his actions if they don't line up with your perception.

You have ignored my point.

His making a recommendation is not the same thing as the FO being obligated to follow through on his recommendation.

Considering the other information you have presented, I think its fair to say your knowing him has shaded your view point to where you ignore his actions if they don't line up with your perception.
Bro respectfully I’m not ignoring your point. I addressed it by saying the FRONT OFFICE asked him for input. He gave his input. The FRONT OFFICE then completely ignored it. Didn’t even request an interview for a single guy he gave input on from his view. I mean they literally completely ignored him. Why ask for input if you’re just going to ignore it completely?

I think it’s the opposite. You’ve made your mind up about him and you’re sticking to your guns. I don’t have a perception. My perception is fact from knowing and speaking with the dude. He’s not that type of guy. Sure I like the dude. I mean we worship him at Clemson but if he was wrong I’d admit it. He’s not. Plus they’ve completely ignored the social justice issues that have risen all around us. I’m not going to get into that bc it’s politics but that’s from his own mouth. If I’m the franchise QB you damn right I should have some input. You want me to win games for you but I you can’t even give a courtesy interview to the guy I suggested? Come on man that’s flat out shut up and play if I ever seen it.

Bro respectfully I’m not ignoring your point. I addressed it by saying the FRONT OFFICE asked him for input. He gave his input. The FRONT OFFICE then completely ignored it. Didn’t even request an interview for a single guy he gave input on from his view. I mean they literally completely ignored him. Why ask for input if you’re just going to ignore it completely?

I think it’s the opposite. You’ve made your mind up about him and you’re sticking to your guns. I don’t have a perception. My perception is fact from knowing and speaking with the dude. He’s not that type of guy. Sure I like the dude. I mean we worship him at Clemson but if he was wrong I’d admit it. He’s not. Plus they’ve completely ignored the social justice issues that have risen all around us. I’m not going to get into that bc it’s politics but that’s from his own mouth. If I’m the franchise QB you damn right I should have some input. You want me to win games for you but I you can’t even give a courtesy interview to the guy I suggested? Come on man that’s flat out shut up and play if I ever seen it.

It's clear to me now that you understand the difference between giving a recommendation when asked, and having that recommendation acted on by the requester.

Then you ask " Why ask for input if you’re just going to ignore it completely?".

The reason is that the requester is seeking advice to be considered, but not necessarily acted on. If the requester knew ahead of time what someone's opinion would be (i.e. A Priori), they wouldn't have asked for that persons opinion.

I hope this clarifies my position on this topic.

It's clear to me now that you understand the difference between giving a recommendation when asked, and having that recommendation acted on by the requester.

Then you ask " Why ask for input if you’re just going to ignore it completely?".

The reason is that the requester is seeking advice to be considered, but not necessarily acted on. If the requester knew ahead of time what someone's opinion would be (i.e. A Priori), they wouldn't have asked for that persons opinion.

I hope this clarifies my position on this topic.
I don’t even know how to respond to this. Well agree to disagree.

Sources believe Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Houston Texans​

Multiple people in and around the Houston Texans organization believe Deshaun Watson has played his last snap with the team, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Watson is still upset with the Texans over, among other issues, the process they used to hire general manager Nick Caserio, according to multiple sources, leading to widespread speculation that Houston could trade the star quarterback this offseason or be faced with the real possibility that he could decide to withhold his services and not report if he isn't dealt.

It's going to be interesting to see where this goes. There's alot of time between now and the draft. The general idea would be if this happened it likely would happen a few days before the draft in terms of draft comp.
That said, i can't see Miami offerening more than say their 3rd overall, a 2nd,next years 1st and Tua if they want him. That's dirt cheap for a player of Watson's caliber granted. But for Miami it doesn't completely kill them as it would essentially leave them with their #18, and #56. Which allows them to address a reciever and RB positions.

It's going to be interesting to see where this goes. There's alot of time between now and the draft. The general idea would be if this happened it likely would happen a few days before the draft in terms of draft comp.
That said, i can't see Miami offerening more than say their 3rd overall, a 2nd,next years 1st and Tua if they want him. That's dirt cheap for a player of Watson's caliber granted. But for Miami it doesn't completely kill them as it would essentially leave them with their #18, and #56. Which allows them to address a reciever and RB positions.
What gets me is people with the 'it will take four first round picks to get him' and then not take into account exactly where those picks will occur. The third overall pick in the draft isn't just a normal first round pick....Jimmy Johnson's chart would tell you the 3rd pick is approximately equal to the 13th + 15th picks combined, both of which would still be in the upper half of the first round. By itself, a 3rd overall pick is equal to two middle of the road first round picks.

There is now a posted betting line on who gets Watson:

The odds for Deshaun Watson’s next team

New York Jets 2/1
Miami Dolphins 3/1
Chicago Bears 4/1
Denver Broncos 5/1
Indianapolis Colts 8/1
New England Patriots 8/1
Philadelphia Eagles 10/1
Carolina Panthers 12/1
Washington Football Team 12/1
Detroit Lions 12/1
Las Vegas Raiders 12/1
New Orleans Saints 15/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 15/1
San Francisco 49ers 20/1
Dallas Cowboys 20/1
Los Angeles Rams 30/1
Minnesota Vikings 30/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 30/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1
New York Giants 30/1
Tennessee Titans 40/1
Cleveland Browns 40/1
Los Angeles Chargers 50/1
Cincinnati Bengals 50/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 70/1
Baltimore Ravens 70/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Seattle Seahawks 100/1
Green Bay Packers 200/1
Kansas City Chiefs 300/1

I think we have to try and get him. If he goes to the Jets it will be disaster for us. Coaching in the senior bowl will hopefully help us pick up great players lower in the draft, so its a perfect year not to have any 1st round picks. 2 1sts this year and Tua should be our offer, thats equivalent of 4 1sts

With the Jets entire organization in upheaval and rebuild mode I don't think Watson would go there, he likes Coach Flo and would play hard for him...

Tua, Howard and our 18th...Welcome to Miami...

CBS had a piece about why Houston would be wise to move on Watson as quickly as possible. Basically saying that the price they can expect to receive for Watson will only drop as time goes on, and I basically agree with the author.

At this point, I think we need be prepared to move quickly, both on X and upon Watson. Honestly, I am not sold on a decision either way, but as so many have been saying on this forum for the past two years... a franchise QB is the key, and do we think Tua is THAT guy? If so, we pass on Watson, even tho he clearly IS that guy.

I'm glad they get paid to make this choice, rather than me.

CBS had a piece about why Houston would be wise to move on Watson as quickly as possible. Basically saying that the price they can expect to receive for Watson will only drop as time goes on, and I basically agree with the author.

At this point, I think we need be prepared to move quickly, both on X and upon Watson. Honestly, I am not sold on a decision either way, but as so many have been saying on this forum for the past two years... a franchise QB is the key, and do we think Tua is THAT guy? If so, we pass on Watson, even tho he clearly IS that guy.

I'm glad they get paid to make this choice, rather than me.
Yeah I don't think Houston will get anywhere near what they're asking for if they're looking to move him.

When is the earliest we could actually do a trade if we can agree to a deal the FO liked ?

Back
Top Bottom