I'm Done | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the worst Sundays in a while. Felt like it from the get too....

But I'll be at that Bills game I'll tell you what

Feel ya man. I've been a fan since 1966, and I've literally seen it all, lol. The next two games are Philbin's crucible--he knows it, the media know it, Ross knows it, we all know it. If Buffalo and the Jets come into Miami and stomp us, Philbin is done. He may not even make it past the bye week. I'm willing to see what he can do when his back is against the wall, and how loyal his players are to him, but his chances are not very good. We watch games because we want to see the drama, to see who wins, to see how people respond to adversity. I will tune in to see all those things. Let's go Miami!

Lmao, over a 23-20 loss on the road

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Philbin gonna clean up the fanbase too
I think no wiing seasons in last half decade were more of a factor

Good luck, hopefully you can find a way to enjoy the team again...

After the sickening losses at the end of the year last year. Losing to Thad Lewis. Losing to the browns a couple years ago. We've had pathetic soul crushing losses to horrible teams yet a week 2 loss on the road is the breaking point? I just don't see it.

I'm not that surprised by the loss and it's entirely in keeping with how teams are doing throughout the league in week 2. The impact of this loss is really getting overblown. The team is showing warning signs that we should be concerned about but the true testing point will be in these next 2 weeks. If we don't beat the bills and jets at home then the season is over already. It would be worth holding on until these upcoming games because that will give us the clearest view of what this team is really made of.

Kind of like how I felt after my Sixers won the NBA Title in 1983 with Dr. J and Moses Malone, and Then made some of the dumbest moves ever. I lost my faith in the team, and the NBA, and now barely watch an NBA game ever.

We at least knew we would be competitive with Marino, but since around 2000 it has been average to below average every year. We never seem to be able to have the coaching, offense, defense, or we have a little of each but not enough to win a Super Bowl. I understand how you feel as I was born in 1966, the year the team started, by I guess I will just continue suffering. At least some of us old timers remember the good old days and back-to-back SB's.

Malone passed away last week.

Just take it for what it is....a sports team loss...it's a GAME. It's not all that serious. If you get super pissed and it ruins your week, just take a step back and think about something more important in life.

Quitterskfremod-1.jpg

You should probably wait for a larger sample size than 2 games to write off the team. I agree that it doesn't look good but it could be worse, and things can always change.

Boss, I've been around a few years more than you have. I watched the 72 team win the Super Bowl while visiting my grandfather in the hospital. I'll never forget that nor Marino breaking out in 83, the crushing playoff loss to the Chargers in what has been billed as the best game ever played by many and all the shenanigans of the last 15 years.

That was a crushing loss on Sunday. One that can suck the life out of you at least for a few days. I have gone through what I call quiet periods where I may not have been pooring over the sports page or carefully scrutinizing how the team is doing but they were always there in the back of my mind, It's like a bad relationship that has great sex. You can't get enough of it.

Though you have your own way of spending your quiet time away you won't be far. You'll be back. You can't get enough. Until then stay safe. Guard those walls and hope the Dolphins find there way back to the top. Love ya brother.

Every year someone comes to this site an says, "I'm Done"! You weren't the first and you won't be the last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im actually kind of shocked to hear it from you...I remember not many seasons ago you were the one with the edge and one of the first to bounce back after these debacles. I guess even the hardest get worn down by time and Pats domination.

Good Luck

If that jerggoff Fireman Ed can be back in NY there is no reason for a Fin fan to be done. If you are- best wishes.

Fireman Ed is a classic bandwagon fan....I saw him smooching Brandon Marshall's behind after Marshall gave him a game ball recently...Real fans stick with their team....even after a 1-15 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom