I'm Done | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol at you for not recognizing we have not had a lising season in 2 years.
If that is acceptable to you and this organization this team will not get on the winning track. I believe leadership to an extent you are born with and then either develop it or choose not to and follow direction from others. Joe and this staff leave a lot to be desired. I just don't see this happening. Lazor's play calling this year has been head scratching and Coyle's defensive scheme has been lack luster to say the least. A good leader wants to have people around him or her that will push them to become better. I don't see either assistant ready to be a head coach.

Here's hoping you'll be back. I know the feeling. After a loss being so emotionally vested in this team seems ridiculous. We've been 50/50 lately...rough because at least before this, we knew we just stunk...easier to get on with other things.

I don't blame anyone for not investing time, money, and emotion in an unsatisfactory product.

I relate to what you are saying....I have never stopped being a Dolphin fan, but the loses and the disappointment start to make you numb. A Dolphin loss would ruin my entire week, now I don't let it bother me anymore, I am sorry to say but don't give a crap, i got used to losing?... I would like to feel the thrill I used to when I witnessed Danny throw the ball, back then I felt we always had a chance, I want that feeling back...but nowadays it's always next season and the years keep rolling on. Something has to give...

Probably a good time to get out. Tannehill will be here for another 6 years probably. Then the next QB will take 2 or 4 years to develop. So thats another decade on top of the 20 years we've already wasted, and thats assuming we even find a QB right away. Realistically we'll probably be irrelevant for another 20-30 years.

Winner - doom and gloom contest. Stand by for a copy of our home game.....

No man! That's your opinion. Thats not a fact. Every season is a season for itself on its own merrits. Last year we had a different roster. The year before we had a different roster. Different coaches. Every year is different. Large of that is the job of the GM and talent acquisitions. In both years we struggled bc acquisitions failed us. You dont know what will happen and you cannot extrapolate from season to season, you can only judge based on this roster here and now, 2007,08,09 shouldve thought us that.

No man! That's your opinion. Thats not a fact. Every season is a season for itself on its own merrits. Last year we had a different roster. The year before we had a different roster. Different coaches. Every year is different. Large of that is the job of the GM and talent acquisitions. In both years we struggled bc acquisitions failed us. You dont know what will happen and you cannot extrapolate from season to season, you can only judge based on this roster here and now, 2007,08,09 shouldve thought us that.

By that logic, no coach is responsible for his record unless he has the identical roster from the year before. Has it occurred to you that perhaps acquisitions fail us because we have crappy coaches?

I've been a fan of the team since I watched football.

I was born in '67 so you do the math.

I listened to that ****** fight against the Jags on my way up to Victoria
from Corpus on Sunday, and I have to say, I was never more ****ing embarassed
for this team, it's fans, and, myself, honestly.

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

I ain't trippin. Say what you have to say to me.

There is no excuse for that performance.

There have been way, way, too many of those in the last few years than I
can handle, and that one was the last.

I'd already begun pushing away from the table in the last few years emotionally,
separating myself from the team....Which sucks. It's such a part of my youth, and
life.

Now, it's kinda one of those things where the main character on "Hurt Locker"
talked to his kid about.

I can't invest in this team any more.

I've got other things to invest in. I'll always love the Dolphins, but
There's the Red Zone channel and it's vastly more entertaining
to watch.

I totally understand, Goon.

It hurts like heck to watch the team you grew up watching and learned to love in the glory days of Dan the Man and the high flying offense... and watching them now, make incredibly stupid decision after decision on personnel, see it coming, call it before it happens, while it happens, and tell exactly why said item will fail... only to be told, "Oh, the coaches know more!" "Have a little faith," etc.

How many years has it been of horrid drafting, horrid coaching, horrid OL play, soft D, no weapon O -- like a train wreck in slow motion on Groundhog Day.

Over and over and over again.

The reason people flip out (for those of you who are clueless) is that EVERY weakness that developed over the last three years and that we called over the off-season was on FULL ON display against the Jags and Skins.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this team has as many huge holes today as it did three years ago. And an OL that may be the worst in 4 years, as far as getting the QB hit and killed and unable to sustain any running game.

And LBs that are the worst in the league as a group.

One real safety, the rest chmps.

One real CB who is on the downside of his career and washes out late season -- the rest chumps, headlined by a second round draft pick who has more penalties than passes defended in his career.

You see this kind of thing over and over and over again, and it feels like it's time to let the door swing closed on supporting the team.

So, you are understood, Goon.

Blessings, bro, either way you decide to go.

LD

I've been a fan of the team since I watched football.

I was born in '67 so you do the math.

I listened to that ****** fight against the Jags on my way up to Victoria
from Corpus on Sunday, and I have to say, I was never more ****ing embarassed
for this team, it's fans, and, myself, honestly.

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

I ain't trippin. Say what you have to say to me.

There is no excuse for that performance.

There have been way, way, too many of those in the last few years than I
can handle, and that one was the last.

I'd already begun pushing away from the table in the last few years emotionally,
separating myself from the team....Which sucks. It's such a part of my youth, and
life.

Now, it's kinda one of those things where the main character on "Hurt Locker"
talked to his kid about.

I can't invest in this team any more.

I've got other things to invest in. I'll always love the Dolphins, but
There's the Red Zone channel and it's vastly more entertaining
to watch.

That's how I felt after the loss. It was a real crusher IMO, one of the worst losses the franchise has ever accomplished. You can see our team has taken on the mentality of our HC, and that's no good thing. But you'll be back.

After the sickening losses at the end of the year last year. Losing to Thad Lewis. Losing to the browns a couple years ago. We've had pathetic soul crushing losses to horrible teams yet a week 2 loss on the road is the breaking point? I just don't see it.

I'm not that surprised by the loss and it's entirely in keeping with how teams are doing throughout the league in week 2. The impact of this loss is really getting overblown. The team is showing warning signs that we should be concerned about but the true testing point will be in these next 2 weeks. If we don't beat the bills and jets at home then the season is over already. It would be worth holding on until these upcoming games because that will give us the clearest view of what this team is really made of.

Agreed. I think these next 2 games are the real test. Miami has started the year 3-0 before, but that didn't mean squat when it was division-game time.
Everyone's going to have to perform at top-level, regardless of the Redskins ugly win, or the Jags ugly loss. These games will be uglier, and all our struggling O & D players, Tanne, Suh, Coyle, Philbin, and Lazor have no choice but to go all-in.
I also think we're going to know then what this team's got for the rest of the season. If they play the Bills and Jets tough as nails, and still lose, I won't lose all hope. But if we get steamrolled, well, start sending out that resume Joe.

i take losses hard. especially in games we should win. but i'm ride or die. fan for life. if you are done, godspeed. but i'm in this forever.

Quitterskfremod-1.jpg
Get it all out.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Just take it for what it is....a sports team loss...it's a GAME. It's not all that serious. If you get super pissed and it ruins your week, just take a step back and think about something more important in life.

Exactly.

It's the last time I care.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

You should probably wait for a larger sample size than 2 games to write off the team. I agree that it doesn't look good but it could be worse, and things can always change.
A larger sample size?

Really?

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Here, you need one of these..
View attachment 15580

Sounds like Jets.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

LMAO at your complete lack of awareness of the mediocrity we've maintained under Philbin.

Under........How many?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

i take losses hard. especially in games we should win. but i'm ride or die. fan for life. if you are done, godspeed. but i'm in this forever.

Knock yourself out pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom