I'm Done | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a fan of the team since I watched football.

I was born in '67 so you do the math.

I listened to that ****** fight against the Jags on my way up to Victoria
from Corpus on Sunday, and I have to say, I was never more ****ing embarassed
for this team, it's fans, and, myself, honestly.

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

I ain't trippin. Say what you have to say to me.

There is no excuse for that performance.

There have been way, way, too many of those in the last few years than I
can handle, and that one was the last.

I'd already begun pushing away from the table in the last few years emotionally,
separating myself from the team....Which sucks. It's such a part of my youth, and
life.

Now, it's kinda one of those things where the main character on "Hurt Locker"
talked to his kid about.

I can't invest in this team any more.

I've got other things to invest in. I'll always love the Dolphins, but
There's the Red Zone channel and it's vastly more entertaining
to watch.

We're the same age. My earliest memory as a Dolphin fan, and IN LIFE, is the heartbreaking "Sea of Hands" loss in the '74 playoffs. And in one way or another I've been let down by the Dolphins EVERY YEAR since 1974.

I don't take the games as serious as I used to when I was younger but it still bothers me especially when yet again the team builds up your hopes and then craps all over them. It is what is is though. Just detach somewhat and focus on more important things in life and one day maybe we'll all see the Fins raise another Lombardi trophy. What else can we do? They're part of who we are and always will be....

I've been a fan of the team since I watched football.

I was born in '67 so you do the math.

I listened to that ****** fight against the Jags on my way up to Victoria
from Corpus on Sunday, and I have to say, I was never more ****ing embarassed
for this team, it's fans, and, myself, honestly.

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

I ain't trippin. Say what you have to say to me.

There is no excuse for that performance.

There have been way, way, too many of those in the last few years than I
can handle, and that one was the last.

I'd already begun pushing away from the table in the last few years emotionally,
separating myself from the team....Which sucks. It's such a part of my youth, and
life.

Now, it's kinda one of those things where the main character on "Hurt Locker"
talked to his kid about.

I can't invest in this team any more.

I've got other things to invest in. I'll always love the Dolphins, but
There's the Red Zone channel and it's vastly more entertaining
to watch.

I haven't been here in a very long time. One of the main reasons is why I am just not going to follow every single little step of this mediocre origination. They haven't had "IT" the last couple years and I don't think someone is gunna flip the switch anytime soon. It easier now to take a loss then it was when I was on this site everyday. I mean I am here like every other but I just lurk and keep quiet. I think Landshark had told me this one day when I got upset and was venting on twitter. "We can't control them. There is nothing we can do so no point getting upset about it." And he is right. We can't. If our team sucks then we suck. Its a sport. We watch it for joy and pleasure. Nothing more. If our team isn't as good as we want them to be, well there are a lot of other teams out there we can like as well. Don't let it ruin your week. It is really not worth it. <3

It's becoming a common thing you're doing. I am in the same boat. If I become a Jag fan at least they have an upside and a decent young qb who likes to throw. The owner seems to want to stay here and invest in the team. I'm not sure if they are London bound yet.
My point is that me or any fan I know of has ever talked like you are, or I am now. The organization is just inept. Ross is too kind hearted. He is passionate though. Philbin will be seen as the poison pill after he leaves. I have zero doubt about that.

I for one do not blame you, and the though has crossed my mind after that game. Yeah, I believed the hype again as usual. Likely everyone else here did to. And I, we, all got deceived again. Jax, was the team we were supposed to beat handily and have our units come together and show the NFL who we are this year. The Fins failed, and are failing fans. Buffalo will tell us a lot about resolve and ability.

If he'd had said that 30 years ago, he'd have been right.

True. Thats about the time i became a football fan. Still, not sure id pick another team to root for, or give up fandom altogether.

its sad, really, that the enthusiasm has deflated before our first home game. maybe the stadium will fill up with rowdy fans and our dolphins will finally get back on track. i'm not sure i believe it myself, but we need it and we deserve it. stay strong goon, lets get this thing figured out and turn it around in time for divisional games
If you can't beat the jags on the road, you don't deserve anything.

I don't feel anymore when I watch that team. Been watching since '97. I've literally only suffered that team, and that goes for an entire generation of Miami's fans. That organization likes to champion its history, but that history is very cobwebbed. I find it extremely difficult to get excited for seasons anymore.

There's a lot of us who have been fans for over 30 years (I have been for 35+ years) so we know how fricken aggravating this team can be. I have thought about throwing in the towel as a Dolphin fan but just can't no matter how depressed, mad, frustrated or sad I get. I see us suffering through this season and Philbin getting fired at the end. The sad part is Tannenbaum will remain and I wish he wouldn't. He was a loser with the Jets so why in the hell should we have him here? Ross needs to let a real football mind suggest a GM. Then let that talented GM pick his own guys. Ross just need to keep his stupid nose out of everything. Until Ross either sells the team or stops associating with and bringing losers to Miami, nothing will EVER change.

And that newly remodeled stadium is going to be more and more empty with every home game as long as Ross keeps these inept people around the Dolphins organization.

I understand the feeling but I can't give up on the team on being a fan.

Put the team on ignore and post in the lounge where we will always keep a bar stool open for you brother .

I'm not going to bash you for it.

Tough to root for sustained incompetence year after year. Tough to invest yourself in it emotionally and devote your time to it. You deserve better. We all do.

Thread Mascot:

sadeeyore781200-1.gif

Goon.

Your far, far to valuable for this site to leave. I was just about ready to post a where is goon thread i hadnt seen you around in so long. We all feel your pain. i wasnt as destroyed as some because i knew we were not a playoff team yet. Defense has to have the influx of new blood the offense got from hickey this year. Lb's and corners are just to awful to compete (outside of grimes) and Suhs linemates are the same ones who couldt stop the run last year. I did however think the offense would have played better so far.

Any how, i'm sure others will agree, you have friends here and if nothing else, have some laughs keep entertained with all the sub forums here if you have to put the fins down for a while.

Just wouldnt be the same Goon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom