I'm Done | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of us who have been fans for over 30 years (I have been for 35+ years) so we know how fricken aggravating this team can be. I have thought about throwing in the towel as a Dolphin fan but just can't no matter how depressed, mad, frustrated or sad I get. I see us suffering through this season and Philbin getting fired at the end. The sad part is Tannenbaum will remain and I wish he wouldn't. He was a loser with the Jets so why in the hell should we have him here? Ross needs to let a real football mind suggest a GM. Then let that talented GM pick his own guys. Ross just need to keep his stupid nose out of everything. Until Ross either sells the team or stops associating with and bringing losers to Miami, nothing will EVER change.

You said it. Very good post!

I was not down with the tannenbaum thing either. I have just never liked the guy. Rumours of him taking credit for things he didnt do or was part of in jet land soured me on him and when it was rumoured he might come here, i was cringing. I have part of an article here posted from a new york sports writer who said as long as tannenbaum stays to the money side of things, he is good at that. But dont let him get involved with personel, an evaluator he is not.

My biggest fear right now is Dennis Hickey may get thrown out with the dish water. He is the best gm and evaluator we have had in many, many years. The guy has been here a year plus 2 regular season games. I think a lot of fans have forgotten how bare the miami cupboards have been over the last number of years. If Parker and Ajayi had not gotten hurt, this offense would be much better and this draft off the charts. I like how hickey does business. Bobby mccain is a player. I see him as a faster brent grimes. Vigil, huff, both should be starting imo and will eventually. Philips is a monster and should be starting. I mean right there, thats better talent than ireland found in 5 years!!

But, i know, somehow, at the end of season, t-bomb will talk ross into chucking hickey for some new york goof or, as i fear most, he will claim the GM title along with his trumped up vp title.

Just mix the sports drinks t-bomb and fetch ross's slipers and wall street journal like a good boy. Ok?

Don't lose it yet...teams like Indy and Seattle aren't looking so great either. Dolphins have been my passion sine 83.....I'm never leaving their side. ...through thick and thin. For richer or poorer. These ****ers have gotten me through a lot of crap.
amen brother. to the death!

I've been a fan of the team since I watched football.

I was born in '67 so you do the math.

I listened to that ****** fight against the Jags on my way up to Victoria
from Corpus on Sunday, and I have to say, I was never more ****ing embarassed
for this team, it's fans, and, myself, honestly.

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

I ain't trippin. Say what you have to say to me.

There is no excuse for that performance.

There have been way, way, too many of those in the last few years than I
can handle, and that one was the last.

I'd already begun pushing away from the table in the last few years emotionally,
separating myself from the team....Which sucks. It's such a part of my youth, and
life.

Now, it's kinda one of those things where the main character on "Hurt Locker"
talked to his kid about.

I can't invest in this team any more.

I've got other things to invest in. I'll always love the Dolphins, but
There's the Red Zone channel and it's vastly more entertaining
to watch.

I feel you, Goon. You've been a fan longer than I've been alive, so I'm not about to tell you what to do. But I would suggest still sticking with our team. Just pull back and don't get as involved. That's what I've been forced to do. Unfortunately, it's been like being in a bad relationship. But unlike a relationship when people rarely change, this team can. I'm going to stick with the team, but if the pain of ineptitude and incompetence has gotten too much for you to stand, I understand. Come back any time, though! You're always welcome here.

A man's gotta know his limitations. I've been on board since before our first Super Bowl season. I've had highs with this team and I've had lows. Since I pretty much hate every other team, I'm gonna stay with this one. I guess I feel like I've gone too far to turn back, so I won't. God bless you, Goon.

No man! That's your opinion. Thats not a fact. Every season is a season for itself on its own merrits. Last year we had a different roster. The year before we had a different roster. Different coaches. Every year is different. Large of that is the job of the GM and talent acquisitions. In both years we struggled bc acquisitions failed us. You dont know what will happen and you cannot extrapolate from season to season, you can only judge based on this roster here and now, 2007,08,09 shouldve thought us that.

Curious to know when you became a Dolphin fan? Glad you can see the bright side in this lol

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

I'd already begun pushing away from the table in the last few years emotionally,
separating myself from the team....Which sucks. It's such a part of my youth, and
life.

talked to his kid about.

to watch.

Can I have your v cash?

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

life.

talked to his kid about.

to watch.

so what time will you be back on Sun after fins win?

from Corpus on Sunday, and I have to say, I was never more ****ing

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

life.

talked to his kid about.

There's the Red Zone channel and it's vastly more entertaining.
to watch.
oh well we don't need you anyway

GB ... Get your head back in it bro.

funny how you seem like you were a cool loyal kid to hang out with and watch sports and talk sports with, prob into college years, and 20s-30s.... but as you gotten older you are throwing hissy fits and temper tantrums???

go back to those good memories of why you were a true fan, even the bad memories and how and why you stuck with the team through the ups and downs, the rollercoasters. think of the players you loved and have loved, and love now!!!

dont be like those ridiculous people i see at the bars sometimes, who yell and scream ridiculous and do dumb things, with no knowledge. i highly doubt thats you.

Brother Goon I have been a fan since 1970 and I am very tired of the big promises and very little results as well. Joe should of been gone a couple of years ago. Its very hard to root for the team still when mediocrity has been accepted and is the norm for a once proud organization. This game was a huge nut kick for Dolphin fans.

You nailed it really...I mean I still see this season as just starting and anything can happen...and it was a 3 point road loss......

But this team has wasted too much time since the Shula era with coaches that either didn't want to be here...or were here a lot longer than they should have been.

This team even waited over a decade to finally draft a QB after Marino.

Still, it's early and I'm not a quitter.

53802628-1.jpg

Spenditrefreshingfunnyjunkat5minuteinter-1.jpg

After the sickening losses at the end of the year last year. Losing to Thad Lewis. Losing to the browns a couple years ago. We've had pathetic soul crushing losses to horrible teams yet a week 2 loss on the road is the breaking point? I just don't see it.

I'm not that surprised by the loss and it's entirely in keeping with how teams are doing throughout the league in week 2. The impact of this loss is really getting overblown. The team is showing warning signs that we should be concerned about but the true testing point will be in these next 2 weeks. If we don't beat the bills and jets at home then the season is over already. It would be worth holding on until these upcoming games because that will give us the clearest view of what this team is really made of.

I kind of agree with this point. The losses to the Jets at the end of the last two seasons were far more crushing than this. I can't really blame Goonboss for feeling the way he does. I mean we all thought that the additions of Suh and Devante Parker would put us over the top, right? Up til this point I cannot say which is more shocking, how ineffective Suh has been or how we are choosing to utilize Parker. I know he is coming off of a broken foot and they are trying to ease him in, but we need that cat in the game NOW! Tannehill and Landry need help. I would simply say this to Goon: hang in there man. The 1-15 Season, 62-7, The Monday Night Game to the Jets in 2000, we have been through far worse. As a fan, going through the lows is what makes the highs so special. When this gets turned around...whenever the heck that is, those of us that have stuck with this team and endured all of the garbage will have a real special feeling watching that trophy being hoisted by our team once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom