I'm Done | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not done with the Phins per say...I'll always be a Phin fan. However, I have experienced a change in my mood when viewing games. I'm expecting a few good plays and a lot of bad ones. I rarely smile because I know the big let down is coming. Fan since '83. I don't buy new merch any more. I actually regret making my two daughters Phin fans because of the disappointment. Sunday's game was the first time my youngest daughter (10 years old) told me she didn't want to watch the game with me "because we always lose".

Someday we will be on top. And when that day comes we can all say we have been here this whole time. Good times and bad times.

Sunday's game was the first time my youngest daughter (10 years old) told me she didn't want to watch the game with me "because we always lose".

Might just want to skip the game this week and do whatever she wants to do. They grow up quickly and the moments you are passing up will never be gotten back. We will probably still be mediocre when she is grown up and moved out so you probably won't miss anything special.

I've become pretty numb to the losses. My bigger concern is my 12 year old son has gotten hooked (thanks to me) over the last couplle of seasons. Now he gets disappoined and it pisses me off.

I've become pretty numb to the losses. My bigger concern is my 12 year old son has gotten hooked (thanks to me) over the last couplle of seasons. Now he gets disappoined and it pisses me off.

just dont let him skip school on Mondays after a Miami loss like I used to do :tongue:

I've been invested in the Fins for 20 years now, as much as I hate to say it I'm slowly slipping away myself. This is the first year in many I haven't purchased Sunday Ticket, choosing instead to pirate the games online. Last season I started watching my Rockets more and more and it was so satisfying to invest in a team that actually produced. My wife HATES that I'm a Dolphins fan, the fact that so many Sundays are ruined and the annual disappointment incurred. I have been telling myself for years that the sacrifice will pay off and make it that much more special when we finally put it all together, but I can feel myself doubting that more and more.

I've always supported, always stayed positive, always defended - but it's becoming less and less a focal point. I even thought about taking the family to the amusement park this Sunday, something unheard of during Football Sunday their entire lives. Sucks, man.

I've been invested in the Fins for 20 years now, as much as I hate to say it I'm slowly slipping away myself. This is the first year in many I haven't purchased Sunday Ticket, choosing instead to pirate the games online. Last season I started watching my Rockets more and more and it was so satisfying to invest in a team that actually produced. My wife HATES that I'm a Dolphins fan, the fact that so many Sundays are ruined and the annual disappointment incurred. I have been telling myself for years that the sacrifice will pay off and make it that much more special when we finally put it all together, but I can feel myself doubting that more and more.

I've always supported, always stayed positive, always defended - but it's becoming less and less a focal point. I even thought about taking the family to the amusement park this Sunday, something unheard of during Football Sunday their entire lives. Sucks, man.

Doing the same thing this weekend. Taking my wife to Cabin in the woods for her Birthday. I'll watch the Buffalo game when I get back on DVR. Life is too short to waste a chance to make a impression on love ones. Somehow giving up something you love for them can mean more than a victory. Of course I'll be peaking at my iPhone occasionally. :lol:

so what time will you be back on Sun after fins win?

That's not fair. He has seen more bad weather when it comes to the Phins than most of us. He'll be back, and I know I'll welcome him back. Everyone needs a break.

I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they didn't focus in on the Phins the rest of this year. That loss this past Sunday was brutal, absolutely brutal.

The Dolphins and I have been separated for awhile now. I still love her, but she needs to get her stuff together. I'm such a nice guy that I paid a moving company to move her stuff out. When she gets over her nasty habits, maybe we can be in love again one day.

:chuckle:

I totally understand, Goon.

It hurts like heck to watch the team you grew up watching and learned to love in the glory days of Dan the Man and the high flying offense... and watching them now, make incredibly stupid decision after decision on personnel, see it coming, call it before it happens, while it happens, and tell exactly why said item will fail... only to be told, "Oh, the coaches know more!" "Have a little faith," etc.

How many years has it been of horrid drafting, horrid coaching, horrid OL play, soft D, no weapon O -- like a train wreck in slow motion on Groundhog Day.

Over and over and over again.

The reason people flip out (for those of you who are clueless) is that EVERY weakness that developed over the last three years and that we called over the off-season was on FULL ON display against the Jags and Skins.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this team has as many huge holes today as it did three years ago. And an OL that may be the worst in 4 years, as far as getting the QB hit and killed and unable to sustain any running game.

And LBs that are the worst in the league as a group.

One real safety, the rest chmps.

One real CB who is on the downside of his career and washes out late season -- the rest chumps, headlined by a second round draft pick who has more penalties than passes defended in his career.

You see this kind of thing over and over and over again, and it feels like it's time to let the door swing closed on supporting the team.

So, you are understood, Goon.

Blessings, bro, either way you decide to go.

LD

Daniel you said everything I wanted to say and more!

I've been a fan of the team since I watched football.

I was born in '67 so you do the math.

I listened to that ****** fight against the Jags on my way up to Victoria
from Corpus on Sunday, and I have to say, I was never more ****ing embarassed
for this team, it's fans, and, myself, honestly.

I know, I know.....
"Bye"

"There's the door"

"See ya"

I ain't trippin. Say what you have to say to me.

There is no excuse for that performance.

There have been way, way, too many of those in the last few years than I
can handle, and that one was the last.

I'd already begun pushing away from the table in the last few years emotionally,
separating myself from the team....Which sucks. It's such a part of my youth, and
life.

Now, it's kinda one of those things where the main character on "Hurt Locker"
talked to his kid about.

I can't invest in this team any more.

I've got other things to invest in. I'll always love the Dolphins, but
There's the Red Zone channel and it's vastly more entertaining
to watch.

Bye......

Bye......

It's crazy when someone complains after seeing DECADES of sustained success and still packs it in...I was born in 1990 and didn't have the attention span to watch any 3 hour sporting event until 2003....So yeah these 13 years since have been so awesome for the franchise that I can't take my eyes off of them....no sympathy for you older phinz fans packing it in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom