I’m Fine With Grier | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m Fine With Grier

One thing is for sure. Any bad picks from now on are on Grier. No more excuses. The people that like him tell us the good picks were his and the bad picks were tbaum and Gase. He's the only one now. If he does well he'll get the credit but if he does bad he'll get the blame.

Does anyone else think is strange that he gets promoted when this team was so bad? I’m sure he’s an upgrade over Tannenbaum, but why not blow up the whole thing? A fresh new start is what I was hoping for.

Out of the three, Gase T-Bomb and Grier, Grier was probably the worst; and he is given control of the whole ship.

Like I have been saying for years, Ross is a football idiot, and he continues to make one bad decision after another.

This is not going to work. Watch Grier waste our 1st round pick on a bad QB prospect. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he traded up to do it.
Please provide some evidence to support your case

How can you assume the guy didn’t have his hands in all the horrible picks? Anyone that wanted Harris over a guard at that spot needs to be fired.

If he finds himself a good coach, staff, and quality QB it won’t matter who’s steering the ship.

I'm gonna be un PC here. I have high hopes for Grier because there's no choice, and of the 3, he'd be the one I'd also retain if I had to keep one.

However, there's also the chance that as a seemingly mediocre college talent scout (just look at our drafts over those years), he Peter Principle'd out at that level. He has had some interviews for GMs elsewhere that never went anywhere, I suspect he was being used as a Rooney Rule prop. So how impressive could he have been to outsiders with no stake in him, his tenure or his heralded dad?

I'm also not discounting the possibility that Ross was either under pressure from Goodell or trying to curry favor with him regarding keeping one of the few minority front office leaders now that Ozzie is retiring and there's a bloodletting of minority coaches with only 3 remaining at the moment. So the decision to retain Grier may not have been made solely on the basis of merit.

I am pulling for him and am encouraged by some of his picks but essentially, I'd be delighted to be pleasantly surprised after the dust clears.

I'm going to give him a chance, but he's been in the room for some atrocious decisions over the last 20 years and now he's running the show.

I have a feeling i know how this is going to end.

I'm going to give him a chance, but he's been in the room for some atrocious decisions over the last 20 years and now he's running the show.

I have a feeling i know how this is going to end.

Yep. Either he’s been a part of some of the worst drafts we’ve had or he’s done nothing for 20 years. Neither are a ringing endorsement

Back
Top Bottom