I’m Fine With Grier | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m Fine With Grier

I would like to know how Grier voted on Charles Harris etc etc etc....but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's where I'm at with this.

I think a clean sweep would have been the best thing for everyone. From the top down to the bottom. The front office, the coaching staff, the players, the training staff, the scouts. Just flush it and try to build something new with a unified vision.

While I get where you're coming from, this idea is a bit of a meme. No NFL franchise no matter how horrible it is has ever gotten rid of their entire department. It's at most usual the big 3 (GM, HC, and the HC's coordinators.) But to dismiss all the scouts and training staff has literally never happened and is a bit short sided when you actually think about it. For one there isn't a sea of scouts out there available that have NFL proven resumes or else they'd be working right now for another franchise. It's basically asking for the wolf to come into your home again. And two as some people have pointed out Ross isn't the best at evaluating personnel so it empowers my first point. Ideal in one own individual fantasy if they were running the franchise but it just doesn't happen.

My main beef with the Harris pick is that they should had gone for a QB.
Second thing is, they wanted an athletic DE, someone who can also pursue, and at that point they went with Harris instead of Watt. No biggy.

The main problem is they missed on QBs. They missed on big picture, let alone small picture.

Grier is the GM basically so he isn’t hiring another person for the spot, now as far as an assistant GM etc... not sure what he will do there.

I get it.

I'm just not used to such animus from you with a rookie player.

So I just watched a cut up on Gesicki TDS 2017 YouTube. OH BOY. NOT 1 F-In ROUTE!!
What were we drafting here.
Check it out. Not a single route.
1 nice grab - hands. That’s it.
All else uncovered off line up field 12-15 yards.

I would like to know how Grier voted on Charles Harris etc etc etc....but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

What's the etc. etc. etc.? Harris may prove to be a bad pick, who else? (obviously just since he's been GM. 16, 17, 18).

The only thing ive seen is a decent pair of hands. And those new gloves they wear can give almost anyone that.

Im watching mark andrews yesterday and im just like come on miami. We cant even draft the right damn frame.

Its whatever.

I do remember u lobbying to draft Andrews, that kid has been ballin and he plays much faster than his timed speed.

Bruce Beal attended today’s presser... heir in succession to Ross... the Boston Mafia rising in Miami... Grier, a Bostonian, started with dad Bobby - co-architect of the Patriot Way.. first name on HC list: Flores, a Bostonian, currently part of the Patriot Way... and Ross acquiescing to a ‘new world order’... all according to plan

Well Rick Spielman was god awful here and has done a rather solid job drafting in Minnesota.

Grier is the GM basically so he isn’t hiring another person for the spot, now as far as an assistant GM etc... not sure what he will do there.

The presser implied Grier will be in charge, although I think Ross was explicit about it, Grier will be in charge of all football decision, which includes hiring.

I have serious doubts about Grier. This search has not gotten to a good start in my opinion. The same day they fired the headcoach, they started making phone calls.
This points to no standards, moreso because they are just calling "hot" names, including positional coaches.

That is same old. That's not good. They did zero research. And they have zero standards.

And that is especially bad for a guy like Grier who in his twenty year career did nothing of significance to be entrusted to wing it like this. He is not Ozzie or Belichick.

This is not good. This is a disrespectful start to the search regarding owner.

How can you assume the guy didn’t have his hands in all the horrible picks? Anyone that wanted Harris over a guard at that spot needs to be fired.

It is extremely foolish to discuss firing someone for a single pick; even if the the pick was Harris. More importantly.... How can you assume he endorsed the pick within the privacy of the war room or the lead up discussions? No one outside of the organization knows the answer.

What's the etc. etc. etc.? Harris may prove to be a bad pick, who else? (obviously just since he's been GM. 16, 17, 18).

The 2016 draft was excellent minus the awful trade of multiple picks for Leonte Carroo.

2017 looks very weak with the pick of Harris in the 1st...Tankersley in the 3rd...and Asiata.

The rest of that draft could make it less horrible if McMillian, Godchaux and Taylor exceed. If they don’t...this draft was a disaster.

2018 looks solid so far....could become excellent if Gesicki develops.

I just wonder where Grier stood on all these picks?

The 2016 draft was excellent minus the awful trade of multiple picks for Leonte Carroo.

2017 looks very weak with the pick of Harris in the 1st...Tankersley in the 3rd...and Asiata.

The rest of that draft could make it less horrible if McMillian, Godchaux and Taylor exceed. If they don’t...this draft was a disaster.

2018 looks solid so far....could become excellent if Gesicki develops.

I just wonder where Grier stood on all these picks?
He was the GM.

The official line is college scouting and the draft was under his complete control.

It's all him. 100% final say, with input from Gase and Mikey T.

Back
Top Bottom