I'm here to chew bubblegum and eat crow... and im all out of gum | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm here to chew bubblegum and eat crow... and im all out of gum

This team showed a lot of guts today. The first 3 quarters went pretty much as I expected - team looked beat up and unable to recover. Being away from your home training facilities for two weeks has to take its toll. They had every reason in the world to pack it up and I think most would have settled for a 1-1 west coast trip at that point. What we saw in the 4th period was shocking and spoke volumes to me. It's no longer just "acceptable" to lose anymore no matter what the circumstances.

Kudos to the entire team on a tough win. It wasn't pretty at times but they got the job done. Showed a ton of heart today.

Well if thats the case , we wouldn't have scored on the last 2 drives. He just cant put a full game together.
D WON THIS GAME. plus all the penalties they had.

Dude the oline played well those last two drives - not so much prior. They deserve credit as well, but the point is when Tanny has that extra second to actually drop back and scan the field, he plays well.

There was that one 3rd down incomplete pass to Parker where he got hit like a tenth of a second too early - last week he had that tenth and nailed the pass, this week he got nailed too early and the pass fell short.

Dude the oline played well those last two drives - not so much prior. They deserve credit as well, but the point is when Tanny has that extra second to actually drop back and scan the field, he plays well.

There was that one 3rd down incomplete pass to Parker where he got hit like a tenth of a second too early - last week he had that tenth and nailed the pass, this week he got nailed too early and the pass fell short.
Im very ****ing glad we won but the reason we won today is the incompetence of Fisher... The OL didnt play better those last 2 drives, they just got paranoid and stopped bringing the heat.... Offense took advantage and holy mother****er Am I happy!

Truth is we got damn lucky. We sucked the big one all game long. We put two drives together at the end.
We will have to play much better when we travel to the NE! That's North East for those who do not speak english. You know, the ones that voted for trump.

Buffalo
NE
Jet's

Had we been playing any one of these teams, we would have lost.
Much work to be done. Much much work to be done.
But hope we can get lucky some more.

Really? Are you sure!?

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/trump_clinton_latest_2016_pres.html

He stepped up when we absolutely needed him to do so. He won the game for us.

Well if thats the case , we wouldn't have scored on the last 2 drives. He just cant put a full game together.

Truth is we got damn lucky. We sucked the big one all game long. We put two drives together at the end.
We will have to play much better when we travel to the NE! That's North East for those who do not speak english. You know, the ones that voted for trump.

Buffalo
NE
Jet's

Had we been playing any one of these teams, we would have lost.
Much work to be done. Much much work to be done.
But hope we can get lucky some more.

Its amazing how some people get so angry that we're winning:lol:

Incorrect. The OL can't put a whole game together. Look to Ajayi for proof of the point in today's game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just out of curiosity...what is it you want to see?

He has pretty much done everything this year that his detractors said he couldn't.

Do you remember the first quarter of the season from the offense and QB? How about making the playoffs for the first time? These wins against mediocre teams don't elevate you to franchise QB status. People seem to be counting their chickens before they hatch like in 2013. This game wasn't exactly motivating for beating the teams we will need to beat to make it to the playoffs let alone competing against a team in them. We can't play like we did offensively because good teams won't play as awful as the rams did today offensively and they sure as hell won't have a Fisher to call the game close and not finish us. The only team we've beaten that will even contest for the playoffs is Pittsburgh and they missed Ben for most of the game. If Tannehill and the offense show up against some of these teams (Baltimore, Cardinals, and Patriots) then we can start talking in confidence. Winning against our Rivals away would also be our biggest wins so far this season from what we've faced.

Do you remember the first quarter of the season from the offense and QB? How about making the playoffs for the first time? These wins against mediocre teams don't elevate you to franchise QB status. People seem to be counting their checks before they hatch like in 2013. This game wasn't exactly motivating for beating the teams we will need to beat to make it to the playoffs let alone competing against a team in them. We can't play like we did offensively because good teams won't play as awful as the rams did today offensively and they sure as hell won't have a Fisher to call the game close and not finish us. The only team we've beaten that will even contest for the playoffs is Pittsburgh and they missed Ben for most of the game. If Tannehill and the offense show up against some of these teams (Baltimore, Cardinals, and Patriots) then we can start talking in confidence. Winning against our Rivals away would also be are biggest wins so far this season from what we've faced.

I think Tannehill has shown up plenty this year. Sorry......

Do you remember the first quarter of the season from the offense and QB? How about making the playoffs for the first time? These wins against mediocre teams don't elevate you to franchise QB status. People seem to be counting their checks before they hatch like in 2013. This game wasn't exactly motivating for beating the teams we will need to beat to make it to the playoffs let alone competing against a team in them. We can't play like we did offensively because good teams won't play as awful as the rams did today offensively and they sure as hell won't have a Fisher to call the game close and not finish us. The only team we've beaten that will even contest for the playoffs is Pittsburgh and they missed Ben for most of the game. If Tannehill and the offense show up against some of these teams (Baltimore, Cardinals, and Patriots) then we can start talking in confidence. Winning against our Rivals away would also be our biggest wins so far this season from what we've faced.

Yes, agreed.

But that question wasn't for you. It was for a very specific poster. :)

I think Tannehill has shown up plenty this year. Sorry......

Nothing that has to do with my posts but how many games did he look like a franchise QB this season, from a neutral and not a dolphin fan? Nonetheless that had nothing to do with my post. A few good games (or minutes in them) don't make you a franchise QB in your 5th year. Leading them to the playoffs and playing well does. Read the post next time.

Do you remember the first quarter of the season from the offense and QB? How about making the playoffs for the first time? These wins against mediocre teams don't elevate you to franchise QB status. People seem to be counting their checks before they hatch like in 2013. This game wasn't exactly motivating for beating the teams we will need to beat to make it to the playoffs let alone competing against a team in them. We can't play like we did offensively because good teams won't play as awful as the rams did today offensively and they sure as hell won't have a Fisher to call the game close and not finish us. The only team we've beaten that will even contest for the playoffs is Pittsburgh and they missed Ben for most of the game. If Tannehill and the offense show up against some of these teams (Baltimore, Cardinals, and Patriots) then we can start talking in confidence. Winning against our Rivals away would also be our biggest wins so far this season from what we've faced.

Enjoy the 5 game winning streak with the last 2 on the road out west.... If you cant enjoy this ****, leave people who will the **** alone... IMO...

Enjoy the 5 game winning streak with the last 2 on the road out west.... If you cant enjoy this ****, leave people who will the **** alone... IMO...

I can enjoy the win streak and debate if he's a franchise QB based on his play so far this season at the absence of a playoff appearance in his 5th season. This is a forum don't be ridiculous, if this was an NFL General message board it would be quite the discussion

Jimmy Johnson said he's a "franchise QB."

I think I'll trust his opinion over an armchair.

Back
Top Bottom