I'm here to chew bubblegum and eat crow... and im all out of gum | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm here to chew bubblegum and eat crow... and im all out of gum

Jimmy Johnson said he's a "franchise QB."

I think I'll trust his opinion over an armchair.

I'm surprised people still take Pundits seriously since they're wrong on everything going in every year. Gruden sure as hell knows more than me about how Football is played but I sure as hell don't give a rats ass what he says about QBs and how much he loves all of them.

Do you remember the first quarter of the season from the offense and QB? How about making the playoffs for the first time? These wins against mediocre teams don't elevate you to franchise QB status. People seem to be counting their chickens before they hatch like in 2013. This game wasn't exactly motivating for beating the teams we will need to beat to make it to the playoffs let alone competing against a team in them. We can't play like we did offensively because good teams won't play as awful as the rams did today offensively and they sure as hell won't have a Fisher to call the game close and not finish us. The only team we've beaten that will even contest for the playoffs is Pittsburgh and they missed Ben for most of the game. If Tannehill and the offense show up against some of these teams (Baltimore, Cardinals, and Patriots) then we can start talking in confidence. Winning against our Rivals away would also be our biggest wins so far this season from what we've faced.

Ben missed one series of that game. 2 if you count the kneel down with 20 seconds left in the half. And we put up 24 against the Pats in NE. Buffalo could very well challenge at 5-5. They're a solid team. And I'll take a W against the hated Jets any where and anytime

I'm surprised people still take Pundits seriously since they're wrong on everything going in every year. Gruden sure as hell knows more than me about how Football is played but I sure as hell don't give a rats ass what he says about QBs and how much he loves all of them.

OK so Jimmy and Gruden are the same...gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Ben missed one series of that game. 2 if you count the kneel down with 20 seconds left in the half. And we put up 24 against the Pats in NE. Buffalo could very well challenge at 5-5. They're a solid team. And I'll take a W against the hated Jets any where and anytime

It's a winless argument. The mouthbreather says, "Tannehill sucks 'cuz he needs a 100% O line." Then he wins without one and it changes to something else.

The mouthbreather says, "Tannehill can't win in the 4th quarter," then he does and they say, "but the rest of the game sucked."

The mouthbreather says, "Tannehill sucks 'cuz he can't win division games," then he wins against the Jills and Stej, and is 3-0 the last 3 years against the Cheaters at Miami, but they say the Stej and Jills are pretenders...even if they're in the DIVISION.

The mouthbreather says, "Tannehill can't throw the deep ball," yet he's killing it...over and over...no answer to that one.

The mouthbreather says, "He can't, he can't he can't!" Yet he does...4 4th quarter winning drives in 5 weeks.

Everything they say he can't do, he does. I'll admit, he could use some more consistency, but that's my only knock.

I wish the mouthbreather would say, "He can't win the Super Bowl."

You're right I meant to say he missed a few series and clearly came back injured. Putting up points against New England and still losing by a full score against their 2nd and 3rd back up QB is not exactly good, in fact terrible. We played horrible most of the game and Jacoby Brissett led Patriots still beat us despite coming in only in the 2nd quarter. And did I mention they didn't have Gronk to boot? A injury wrecked win against the bills at home doesn't convince anyone we're a playoff team. Neither is losing to teams that we need to beat to prove we are a Playoff team (Patriots with 2 QB backs ups and missing Gronk). Wins against teams like the Cardinals, Ravens, Patriots would be much more convincing. Hell throw in the Bills away.

Gase used the tebow formula hang around until qb finally gets a drive going late

It's a winless argument. The mouthbreather says, "Tannehill sucks 'cuz he needs a 100% O line." Then he wins without one and it changes to something else.

The mouthbreather says, "Tannehill can't win in the 4th quarter," then he does and they say, "but the rest of the game sucked."

The mouthbreather says, "Tannehill sucks 'cuz he can't win division games," then he wins against the Jills and Stej, and is 3-0 the last 3 years against the Cheaters at Miami, but they say the Stej and Jills are pretenders...even if they're in the DIVISION.

The mouthbreather says, "Tannehill can't throw the deep ball," yet he's killing it...over and over...no answer to that one.

The mouthbreather says, "He can't, he can't he can't!" Yet he does...4 4th quarter winning drives in 5 weeks.

Everything they say he can't do, he does. I'll admit, he could use some more consistency, but that's my only knock.

I wish the mouthbreather would say, "He can't win the Super Bowl."

One by one he's overcoming the big weaknesses that WERE holding him back. I'm definitely impressed and encouraged. The one thing he still can't answer yet is if he can win with the playoffs in reach. We are getting closer to possibly finding that out, and saying that after the start we had is pretty unbelieveable.

Neither pundits who were both good coaches are worth putting their trust on. Like I said they're wrong all the time.

j9c39v.jpg

coached Aikman, Marino among others
vs.

x2mem0.jpg

coaxed the remote

j9c39v.jpg

coached Aikman, Marino among others
vs.

x2mem0.jpg

coaxed the remote

You're right, I'm sold because pundits who were former players and coaches (one of them said he was a franchise QB) are sold on Tannethrill. I'm sure they write great articulate articles on these subjects as well. They're always right on predictions.

You're right, I'm sold because pundits who were former players and coaches (one of them said he was a franchise QB) are sold on Tannethrill. I'm sure they write great articulate articles on these subjects as well. They're always right on predictions.

Well Jimmy coached SB and NCAA championship teams.. and either coached or faced a number of outstanding QB. How close have you ever gotten to an elite QB? In other words, unless you can proffer evidence otherwise, while you obviously are the master of the remote "stop" and "reverse" domain, the majority of your fellow LazyBoy fans are justified trusting JJ's opinion over your own.. :idk:

I too have been skeptical of RT and the Dolphins for that matter but today without an OL he found a way to win kudos. I'm slowly coming around. Good win.

How close have you ever gotten to an elite QB?

In that case I'm just as qualified as Jimmy since I shook Dan Marino's hand before. That's as close as you can get. What are you arguing with me about. Do you want me to agree that because X pundit or X Former coach says something I should put my 100% faith on it? I should use this as an argument on general NFL Boards? "Ole Jimmy likes my QB so you guys better respect him!" I'm just a poster on a message board, I never said you should believe me over JJ :lol: I said it's ridiculous that actual people care about what pundits say when discussing a player on a message board. I personally don't think Tyrod is even a franchise QB but pundits were going crazy over him not long ago.

You're right I meant to say he missed a few series and clearly came back injured. Putting up points against New England and still losing by a full score against their 2nd and 3rd back up QB is not exactly good, in fact terrible. We played horrible most of the game and Jacoby Brissett led Patriots still beat us despite coming in only in the 2nd quarter. And did I mention they didn't have Gronk to boot? A injury wrecked win against the bills at home doesn't convince anyone we're a playoff team. Neither is losing to teams that we need to beat to prove we are a Playoff team (Patriots with 2 QB backs ups and missing Gronk). Wins against teams like the Cardinals, Ravens, Patriots would be much more convincing. Hell throw in the Bills away.

This dude is on a roll trolling threads across this forum today, he can't just accept a win or that Tannehill succeeded in bringing this team a victory.

I've already called him out in the "Tannehill won this game" thread.

Unreal.

:bobdole:

Feel the same way. After the Bengals game, I posted that I didn't think Tannehill had what it takes to take the team to the next level. I was wrong. His last two games shows me that he does have the talent to overcome adversity on the field and make plays. I'm already excited for this offseason when he has a full year in this system under his belt, and he can work more on pocket presence and footwork.

Back
Top Bottom