I'm just a little surprised about some of the threads in here | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm just a little surprised about some of the threads in here

Because him and others like him believe that if you criticize the team, no matter how shitty they play, you're not a real fan and therefore really don't want them to win. Only him and the other cheerleaders think that they are the real true fans. I guess it makes them feel important.
It's odd to me. I... think... I'm one of the more even-keeled people here. Hell... I've even defended a lot of what we've done. Think our DC will be fine... etc.
To have someone think i wouldn't be excited to make the playoffs-- even if we get blown out-- is just silly.
I'd love to make the playoffs... but Holy Crap, we're missing so many starters. It's almost impossible to win like that.

The problem is people on this forum just love to bitch.There is no cap just ask New Orleans,Rams
and any other team up against it.Cut some dead weight and we will be fine.Injuries have derailed our year.
Lets get into the playoffs gain some experience and prepare for next year.I understand the frustration along with the need to vent
but for Gods sake this forum takes whining and complaining to whole new level.You either are a fan or not make up your freakin
minds

The best is when the cheerleaders claim to be the "real fans" of the team in one sentence and then have no concrete argument to defend this crappy team in the next, so they have to resort to name calling and personal attacks just to stay in the conversation.

Classy, truly classy they are.
Actually, as a self-proclaimed realist, I spend plenty of time criticizing this team. The problem is, that isn't what's happening these days. Instead, all that is being said is how bad the team, coaches, QB and whichever other player is the worst of the week all need to be fired. The whole team needs to be gutted, etc. That isn't criticism, it's just whining and throwing a temper tantrum, and it's every bit as annoying as the posters who believe that there's nothing wrong with the team. Still others are just happy that they think some preseason agenda or view of theirs is being shown correct, and they love to gloat about it. It has turned Finheaven into Finhell as of late. If it must be that way, at least wait until after tomorrow's game.

The best is when the cheerleaders claim to be the "real fans" of the team in one sentence and then have no concrete argument to defend this crappy team in the next, so they have to resort to name calling and personal attacks just to stay in the conversation.

Classy, truly classy they are.
In the past few weeks, the forum has been filled with many longtime posters saying things like: this team sucks, fire everyone, MM is the worst coach in NFL history, Tua is a bum, and (my personal favourite) I hope the Dolphins miss the playoffs.

No one cares if you want to be critical. We're all ****ing pissed that we're in this situation and we no longer control our own destiny. But there's a difference between being rightly upset, rightly critical, and just being a miserable person who is always upset no matter what and always hyperbolic. The same posters who disappear when things are good and turn back up when things are bad to say: I told you so. It does nothing but degrade the quality of the forum and make it a really unpleasant place to be.

It got so bad the mods tried to set up a single thread to post positive things in and these same posters turned up to bitch and complain.

I don't understand what that's so difficult to understand about this. No one is saying don't be critical. What people are saying is: have a sense of proportion. I'm a self-admitted aqua coloured glasses guy. I embrace it. But on the opposite side of the coin from people like me, are posters who do nothing but **** all over this team every chance they get.

And I’d be willing to bet the contents of my bank account that even if we make the playoffs, these same people will try to rain on the parade of the fans who wanna celebrate, by immediately saying: who cares, doesn’t matter, we’re just gonna get trounced in round one. Honestly, part of me feels sad for them. It can't be much fun being like that.

Last edited:
Actually, as a self-proclaimed realist, I spend plenty of time criticizing this team. The problem is, that isn't what's happening these days. Instead, all that is being said is how bad the team, coaches, QB and whichever other player is the worst of the week all need to be fired. The whole team needs to be gutted, etc. That isn't criticism, it's just whining and throwing a temper tantrum, and it's every bit as annoying as the posters who believe that there's nothing wrong with the team. Still others are just happy that they think some preseason agenda or view of theirs is being shown correct, and they love to gloat about it. It has turned Finheaven into Finhell as of late. If it must be that way, at least wait until after tomorrow's game.
This 100%

Well said. Now fire Chris Grier!!!!

I am so excited for tomorrow

I will cheer those Fins on like no other and hope the cards fall into place for at least 1 more game, where I can get even more excited. When the season does end, it sucks to not have Dolphins football to watch for months after.....

I will cherish each game!

madonna cherish GIF
I enjoy the off-season as much..

In the past few weeks, the forum has been filled with many longtime posters saying things like: this team sucks, fire everyone, MM is the worst coach in NFL history, Tua is a bum, and (my personal favourite) I hope the Dolphins miss the playoffs.

No one cares if you want to be critical. We're all ****ing pissed that we're in this situation and we no longer control our own destiny. But there's a difference between being rightly upset, rightly critical, and just being a miserable person who is always upset no matter what and always hyperbolic. The same posters who disappear when things are good and turn back up when things are bad to say: I told you so. It does nothing but degrade the quality of the forum and make it a really unpleasant place to be.

It got so bad the mods tried to set up a single thread to post positive things in and these same posters turned up to bitch and complain.

I don't understand what that's so difficult to understand about this. No one is saying don't be critical. What people are saying is: have a sense of proportion. I'm a self-admitted aqua coloured glasses guy. I embrace it. But on the opposite side of the coin from people like me, are posters who do nothing but **** all over this team every chance they get.

And I’d be willing to bet the contents of my bank account that even if we make the playoffs, these same people will try and to rain on the parade of the fans who wanna celebrate, by immediately saying: who cares, doesn’t matter, we’re just gonna get trounced in round one. Honestly, part of me feels sad for them. It can't be much fun being like that.
As someone who's neither an Aqua colored glasses guy or a rainy-day "I told you so" troll. I'm here to tell you that any rational criticism of this team is immediatly met with insults and being stereotyped a troll. The staunch defense some "fans" put up at the mention of criticism is weak and immature. That's the point I was making.

This season was a collapse of epic proportions, people deserve the right to be critical and down right pissed off, without being called names.

I agree. It takes quite a bit just to return to this level, where you're only one or two results from reaching the playoffs. Nothing like this is a given. One of these seasons we'll actually be devastated by injuries, instead of the normal level that is somehow whined about every year. One of these seasons we'll actually suffer bad breaks in key officiating decisions, instead of the annual ritual of ignoring everything favorable and hyper ventilating over anything questionable.
You dont think we've had pretty bad luck with injuries this year?

Bad calls too... (Phillips roughing the passer comes to mind) .... or questionable things like Teddy being removed from the first game vs the Jets

So find a new team. No one wants fans like you in their fan base.
Hate the team? Fans can always root for a new one.

Hate the country? People can always move to a new one.

Hate social media? People can always get off of it.

Funny how most people never do any of things available to them to avoid things they “hate”.

Not sure who originated the phrase, it may have been Socrates or Aristotle or Snoop Dogg who so wisely proclaimed “haters gonna hate”.

The common ground is we all care enough about the Dolphins, at some level, to come here and interact.

We don‘t need to agree on everything, that’s silly. No one should expect that from fanatical posters like us on an online message board.

These posts (or our fandom) don’t save babies, my friends.

Now let’s go win one for the Flipper!

Last edited:
As someone who's neither an Aqua colored glasses guy or a rainy-day "I told you so" troll. I'm here to tell you that any rational criticism of this team is immediatly met with insults and being stereotyped a troll. The staunch defense some "fans" put up at the mention of criticism is weak and immature. That's the point I was making.

This season was a collapse of epic proportions, people deserve the right to be critical and down right pissed off, without being called names.
Fair. And I don’t call people names for reasonable criticism or for being upset.

I concede there are probably posters here who do what you say. But what I’m saying is that there are 100% posters here who conduct themselves like I outlined above.

Both can be true. Both types of posters make the forum less enjoyable.

Anyone who is objectively critical of the Dolphins, or any team, especially one whose season has gone the way the Dolphins’ has, is perfectly justified in their criticism.

Any “fan” who uses hyperbole such as “this team sucks” or “this player sucks” if they objectively don’t is either 12 or a straight up hater.

Back
Top Bottom