Improved Offensive Line??? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Improved Offensive Line???

I rewatched the offensive plays for the first quarter. Hats off to Coach Gase. The best game plan he has devised since he has been here. He doubled Mack on every pass play. He switched up the blocking schemes on every play. First double teams on the DT with James Mano y Mano on Mack. Pulling Swason and James early in the second quarter to create the lane for Gore on his big run. The offensive line executed. Tunsil was dominant. Just outstanding! No wonder the number one defense was neutralized.

I rewatched the offensive plays for the first quarter. Hats off to Coach Gase. The best game plan he has devised since he has been here. He doubled Mack on every pass play. He switched up the blocking schemes on every play. First double teams on the DT with James Mano y Mano on Mack. Pulling Swason and James early in the second quarter to create the lane for Gore on his big run. The offensive line executed. Tunsil was dominant. Just outstanding! No wonder the number one defense was neutralized.

That is not true. I posted on the first page in this thread a clip from Brian Baldinger's twitter page where Tunsil held off Mack alone and I'm sure I saw other instances during the game.

That is not true. I posted on the first page in this thread a clip from Brian Baldinger's twitter page where Tunsil held off Mack alone and I'm sure I saw other instances during the game.

I think you missed the part where I mentioned rewatching the FIRST QUARTER and a few minutes of the 2nd. Mack did not switch to the right until later in the game.

I think you missed the part where I mentioned rewatching the FIRST QUARTER and a few minutes of the 2nd. Mack did not switch to the right until later in the game.
LOL yep I sure did miss that part!

Gase noted in his presser once they got Mack on Tunsil's side we had the advantage.

Point is -- I think we game planned for the LOS at a high level and Brock did a good job keeping things "tight."

*** Bonus *** last time I checked

WE WON!

On the Dolphins first TD play, Mack was not doubled. Gore undercut him which nullified his pass rush.

Hats off to Coach Gase. The best game plan he has devised since he has been here. He doubled Mack on every pass play.

I think his best coached game overall was the home game against New England last year... Even with Jay Cutler, he had a real game plan for the Patriots in that game. The first half last week really did feel like the best play calling he's done since that game versus the Patsies. Everything else, even when they've been clicking has been pretty predictable.

I think his best coached game overall was the home game against New England last year... Even with Jay Cutler, he had a real game plan for the Patriots in that game. The first half last week really did feel like the best play calling he's done since that game versus the Patsies. Everything else, even when they've been clicking has been pretty predictable.

Meaning he won't do it again this season!
Really does seem to be Gase's M.O.
If it works well....ditch it

Just a general observation, want to see what everyone else saw as I have not visually verified......but it seems like Brock was setting up in the pocket a full yard (maybe more) than were Tannehill typically takes his drop. It kind of made it harder for the outside pass rush to tee off and we accounted pretty well for pressure up the middle. Osweiller is a full 3 inches taller at a very tall 6' 7, I think he can do this and still get a pass off over out stretched hands.

What's interesting is he had like 2-3 batted balls in that game.

"Did the oline play well?"

"Yeah but **** Tannehill."

Lol, You would think the guy is the worst QB ever and certainly ever for the Dolphins.
I honestly don't get it. Obviously, he's not elite. He's not Marino or Brady or Manning etc.
He's just okay, Which means he has bad games and he has good games. That's the definition of an okay QB.

There seem to be members that have a deep resentment for the guy.
Threads about OL? Let's bash Tannehill
Threads about Defense? Let's bash Tannehill
Threads about the offseason? Let's bash Tannehill
Team won the game? Let's bash Tannehill

Insanity stuff!

Back
Top Bottom