Improved Offensive Line??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Improved Offensive Line???

Next off-season when there is a s***t load of quality free agent OL remember this game and all the others when we had a good OL........Cause whether you've evolved enough or not the better the OL the better the offense all around........................

QB's best friend

RB best friend

WR's best friend.......oh and lets not for get TE

and a basic football 101 understanding of all the great coaches had through the years..........

Regarding yesterday on passing downs maybe we also had improved pocket awareness? Sure seemed pretty obvious to me.

Because you have no idea what you’re looking at troll.

Would love to see a breakdown of the OL in this game. Did the OL play that much better than usual or was it Brock recognizing the rush?

How do you “recognize” a four man pass rush letting people blow by you?

I'm not sure calling other posters names is appropriate. But if that's how you want to roll.

NEVER CALLED A POSTER A NAME

RE-READ IT AGAIN...I SAID AND I THOUGHT TANNENBAUM WAS AN IMBECILE...TANNENBAUM...GET IT

But seriously calling to extend a player after 1 decent game
does show a problem WITH your football IQ

I really appreciated BO going through progressions, looking people off, and still getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds. He also made a couple of decisions to run straight away, before it was too late. He was decisive, and quick to get the ball out! Is it too much to ask our six year starter to do the same? RT does not process information fast enough, period the end. BO showed that a worse QB can be MORE successful by quickly processing information.

Because you have no idea what you’re looking at troll.
I guess you’re one of the few that missed it. You can stay in denial all you want. Oz is nothing special but his pocket awareness is significantly better.

Keep on keepin on breh.

We played a Crowd team that was on the road feeling good about itself on a three game winning streak. The home team is supposed to exceed expectation in a game like that.

As always, it is a situational league, not a matchup league.

I didn't want to believe that when I first arrived in Las Vegas. Everybody was prioritizing the schedule while I was focusing on the line of scrimmage. My approach was superior in college football but the guys betting the big bucks and winning in the NFL were almost exclusively interested in which team figured to be "up" and which one "down."

Game ball goes to the o line primary and frank gore secondary in this one.

I really appreciated BO going through progressions, looking people off, and still getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds. He also made a couple of decisions to run straight away, before it was too late. He was decisive, and quick to get the ball out! Is it too much to ask our six year starter to do the same? RT does not process information fast enough, period the end. BO showed that a worse QB can be MORE successful by quickly processing information.

Good insight...

Whether in the long run O's could out perform RT is a toss up IMO. But part of the OL success beyond actually playing above their previous standards is the fact of how much faster O's adapted in the pocket, insight into the system and ability to see, direct and adjust at the LOS.. Something RT is still in the process of trying to learn after 7 years....O's played a significant roll in an OL having success along with the battering ram Gore who if I remember correctly was not running through a hell of a lot of daylight at the LOS. And Drake's speed running out of the backfield having much less success.

But Osweilers reads and ability in the pocket will be one more area an opponent will need to take into consideration....which in most peoples minds should be a plus....
And my biggest concern much as RT is Consistency and if this game was more a fluke than normality, but clearly see reasoning to ride this guy a little longer to find out.....

All you have to do is compare that play to the 3 or 4 whiffs by Sam Young last week. End of discussion. No need for anything further. Why is it so hard to understand? WTF does pocket presence have to do with it?

There you have it! It was just an attempt to dog on RT and hide it in a thread disguised as though it was about the line. It's easy to have presence in a pocket when it actually exists.

We called a lot of quick game which helped the qb and the o line. And we ran the ball with success on early downs keeping the sticks manageable. Plus we didn’t have penalties setting us back.

And of course we qb sneaked on short yardage which we should have been doing for years. Someone needs a dunce cap for that one.

We called a lot of quick game which helped the qb and the o line. And we ran the ball with success on early downs keeping the sticks manageable. Plus we didn’t have penalties setting us back.

And of course we qb sneaked on short yardage which we should have been doing for years. Someone needs a dunce cap for that one.

And on the few occasions where more time was needed to let a play develop or a player get open, the pass protection held up.

Doesn’t look like there will be much of a change in the OL come Detroit, so Tannehill should be all set with solid line play. :munch:

Doesn’t look like there will be much of a change in the OL come Detroit, so Tannehill should be all set with solid line play. :munch:

Unlike you, I base my opinion of the OL play on the ACTUAL PLAY OF THE OL. Weird, I know. If they play like they did against Chicago for the rest of the season, we will be going to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom