In my opinion I think New England will Give us more Trouble in the afc east. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In my opinion I think New England will Give us more Trouble in the afc east.

How about, they didn't make the playoffs and still haven't proven the D can play away games. Their new aquisitions haven't really made any noise. Chambers hasn't proven he's recovered from that hit or is back and neither has Nails. When your coach say these two important players neeed to step up, there are worries.

Prisco seems like he hates the fins which is why he'd rather put the bills at the top. I don't agree with him but like I said IMO the Pats are the team to beat w/ the fins closely behind.

The Pats do look good!

But I don't think there is a team to beat. I think all 4 teams are equal. Or at least they were until Pennington went down. Now it's a three team race.

Justafan, I could go either way in my thinking that that NE or Miami is the team to beat AFC East. Heck for that matter I'd put Buffalo right there too until I see some REAL games played. But as much as I think that the Pats have a legitimate chance to go to the SB again I'm not sold on their running game and I think that it's a bigger question mark than any potential problem that the Fins may have including the expected play of their 2 new D starters (Seau and Knight), downfield passing game, or potential problems with the O-line. I do wholeheartily agree with Patswin2002 that the team that stays the healthiest has the best chance of winning the division as long as the Bills D truly is improved.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only things that are proven this year count, then the pats still have problems running the ball and stopping the run. The bills have no defense. The phins will fold. The jets win the division on tie-breakers. I think we're all smart enough to know that things change from year to year. On paper the phins nose out the pats and bills. We'll see how it plays out. The best point in this thread is about the inuries playing a role.

Originally posted by DENVERDOLFAN
On paper the phins nose out the pats and bills. We'll see how it plays out. The best point in this thread is about the inuries playing a role.

Does paper hold more than preseason games/ performance?

Originally posted by juniorseau55
While Buffalo has a good team defensively now I don't think they will be the team to beat. The jets have too many loses at free agency and recently lost their starting quarterback. New england stayed with their veterans while adding key free agents and had some pretty good draft picks. I think we are heading to another competitive year in the afc east but in my opinion, new england is the team to beat.

Are you saying all this baised on the pre-season games???? Remember what happened to the Jets last season....

Originally posted by justafan
How about, they didn't make the playoffs and still haven't proven the D can play away games. Their new aquisitions haven't really made any noise. Chambers hasn't proven he's recovered from that hit or is back and neither has Nails. When your coach say these two important players neeed to step up, there are worries.

Prisco seems like he hates the fins which is why he'd rather put the bills at the top. I don't agree with him but like I said IMO the Pats are the team to beat w/ the fins closely behind.

What exactly has Spikes, Posey or Adams done so far? A whole lot of nothin. Adams gets knocked on his ***, Spikes sits on the sidelines and gloats how good your LB core is gonna be, and I haven't heard anything on Posey.

Originally posted by justafan

If this is the case then it looks like the Cardinals are gonna have a great year. They're 3-0 in the pre-season, no?

Why are we the Team to beat? Because we have the most talet (9 pro bowlers on D alone) we have the best rushing attack in the NFL, and because last year's AFC East Winner lost their starting QB for most of the year...

I think those are 3 good reasons.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

What exactly has Spikes, Posey or Adams done so far? A whole lot of nothin. Adams gets knocked on his ***, Spikes sits on the sidelines and gloats how good your LB core is gonna be, and I haven't heard anything on Posey.

I believe Faulk burned Posey for the TD last week.

Yes. Pre-season is not an accurate measuring stick of veteran players or teams.

I thought that the team to beat is the team that most recently won the division / championship / Superbowl (even though they might not be the most talented).

Simply put:
AFC East - Jets
AFC Champ - Raiders
SuperBowl - Bucs

However, I think that the AFC East will break down like this:

Miami - too much talent for the rest of the division (12-4)
Buffalo - vastly improved and on the rise (10-6)
New England - talented, but no running game for Brady (8-8)
NY - too many key injuries (5-11)

The Dolphins keep getting better every year.
The defense has gone from sixth to fifth to third in NFL rankings.
The offense has gone from 26th to 21st to 15th.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan."
Tom Landry

390567b-1.jpg

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

I was talking about the fins being favored and not the bills wasnt I? did you see where I ranked tha bills in the AFCE?

Might be for the AFC East...

Originally posted by DENVERDOLFAN

Yes. Pre-season is not an accurate measuring stick of veteran players or teams.

Didn't the Jets go 4-0 last pre-season and end up Division champs?

Notwithstanding all the other crap that went on last season and all the excuses we had when we we didn't win, an NFL season is made up of all these things and it's what you did, not what you shoulda did, that counts.

Back
Top Bottom