Indianapolis Colts trade with Miami idea | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indianapolis Colts trade with Miami idea

My first thought was no, that it's trading down too far.

Might change my mind if Indy added a player or two. Jonathan Taylor maybe?
It would cost them too much to move up to 3. I think they try to move up to 14. That puts them ahead of Chicago and New England.

for me the problem with deferring picks in 22 and 23 is the simple fact we're still in rebuild mode.
If your roster is set and you're tight it makes sense to defer because you will have more needs
in a few years. We have needs now so any future picks are like a pretty girl you "gotta have"
but she's on the other side of the world and no way to get there.

for me the problem with deferring picks in 22 and 23 is the simple fact we're still in rebuild mode.
If your roster is set and you're tight it makes sense to defer because you will have more needs
in a few years. We have needs now so any future picks are like a pretty girl you "gotta have"
This is true - and this is my argument for not dealing for Watson.

Too many current needs.

This is true - and this is my argument for not dealing for Watson.

Too many current needs.
Those needs will be guaranteed filled by two first round picks? That seems optimistic.

The 2/3/4/5/6/7 rounders in 2021 and 2022 won’t contribute whatsoever? Seems to go against historical precedent.

I think everyone gets too obsessed with 1st round picks. Nearly half of them bust every single year.

I'd say at least one or two of the QB's mention for the Colts to draft will still be there at 21 or at least they'll be much closer to 21 if they want to move up. no reason to move up to 3 for a guy like Jones for example so there's zero chance of that happening from the Colts side and as far as us, no way we should move from 3 to 21. It'd take a ton more to move so far down.
Those QB's are not guaranteed to be there, at #21. That's why I'd understand the Colts for making such a bold move up. Also you'd have to consider those late 1st round QB's aren't nearly as talented as the top three, supposedly are.

At least for the short term, it might bode well for Miami to continue to accumulate draft capital. Perhaps into 2022? They still have needs, but also have decisions about contracts to consider, that may require lots of draft picks, near term, in order to replace those players.

If they get a QB that works out at 3, those first rounders they give us could be very late, as Indy is a good team right now.

12 is the absolute lowest I’d trade down. At 21 we are not getting an elite receiver.

I love having multiple 1st now and in the future but 1sts are only valuable if you actually turn them into players. Eventually you gotta draft someone. At 3 you can get a player that in theory can significantly improve the team. There is no guarantee a similar opportunity will arise in the future.

Those QB's are not guaranteed to be there, at #21. That's why I'd understand the Colts for making such a bold move up. Also you'd have to consider those late 1st round QB's aren't nearly as talented as the top three, supposedly are.
like I said, they might need to move up but that doesn't mean they have to move all the way up to 3.

Now if Indy wants to trade those picks for Tua, then I say hell yeah, and then flip them to Houston for DW.

I like the idea of a trade down for more picks this year. However, the suggested trade is not desirable to me at all. We lose out on the chance to draft Sewell, Chase, Smith, Parsons, Pitts, etc. Not worth losing an elite prospect for hypothetical players in 2022 and 2023.

Back
Top Bottom