Info about the trade that landed Rosen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Info about the trade that landed Rosen

That's opinion. No one knows why he didn't start those "meaningless" games. Matter of fact, I don't know why most (all?) teams with nothing to play for refused to play backups in meaningless games.

It's not opinion dude, if the coaching staff had any trust in him he would have been getting some snaps in the final games of the season. He had ZERO snaps !

It was Fitz's job to lose, and he didn't lose it.

Absolutely but if you invest a 2nd round pick, you need to be sure what you have before giving up on him, you can't do that with him holding a clipboard, unless you've already made your mind up on the player. The Rosen experiment is over and a 2nd round pick was in essence wasted, it was a roll of the dice, so I don't blame them, but you've got your head in the sand if you think this deal ended up being a big win for us.

They weren't keeping Drake regardless, so getting something for him was a good move. Had he been in their future plans, they would have resigned him. He obviously wasn't, his production is easily replaced.

Absolutely true, apparently he was saying a lot of stuff off the record that contradicted the on record stuff he put out there that he was happy to stay. His production also as you mention when in a fins uniform this season under O'Shea's scheme was far from spectacular. So a 5th rounder is better than nothing. But for the Cards, they got an outstanding deal for a player that clearly fitted what they were trying to do.

i had/have no issues with the rosen trade but do wonder exactly who we were competing against to have to give up that second round pick

cant imagine the cardinals were going to keep him after selecting murray

Absolutely but if you invest a 2nd round pick, you need to be sure what you have before giving up on him, you can't do that with him holding a clipboard, unless you've already made your mind up on the player. The Rosen experiment is over and a 2nd round pick was in essence wasted, it was a roll of the dice, so I don't blame them, but you've got your head in the sand if you think this deal ended up being a big win for us.
No one knows yet if it was a win or a lose for us; and we don't know yet what the plan for him is in 2020.
Just because he wasn't ready to supplant Fitz at QB, doesn't mean he's a done deal.

i had/have no issues with the rosen trade but do wonder exactly who we were competing against to have to give up that second round pick

cant imagine the cardinals were going to keep him after selecting murray

I felt that same way at the time, think we could have still gotten him with a 3rd round, no one else seemed to be in the market.

You don't need a source. The evidence in snap count, is right there dude, come on.

Ah, so any NFL QB getting fewer snaps than Rosen is WORSE than Rosen. I see the logic in that.
That means Rosen is the 42rd best QB in the NFL and he's ahead of M Moore, Hoyer, Glennon, McKown, Bortles, Gabbert, Henne, and 51 others, not counting those with no snaps. Sounds like a keeper.

I loved the IDEA of trading for Rosen. However, the cost from the jump, we got smoked.

& some say trading a second RD pick for a back-up QB for the cheap is smart....

Its just not. Its barely defendable, as of today. The dust ontop of his helmet gets more PT.

Back
Top Bottom