Info about the trade that landed Rosen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Info about the trade that landed Rosen

The idea of making this trade was the big win. Miami has to continue to seek out opportunities to bring in talented passers into the system and attempt to develop them . . .even after we hopefully have found our franchise guy.

If Rosen never amounts to anything, then sure it's a loss on paper, but refusing to swing at opportunities like this is an even bigger loss in the grand scheme. Still a cheap backup QB for 3 years at worst.

Had no issues with the trade and I never will regardless of the results. It was extremely savvy to regain a second rounder by trading down AND regaining your 5th by offloading an expiring contract midseason.

Most here will bash you or disagree with you because you make too much common sense. Thanks for your post, it’s refreshing

Do you want to post the snap numbers during the season ending games you are referring, if not, don't waste anyone's time with your constant nonsense.

Your post is just dumb. Nothing more than that can describe it. They went with the hot hand and he stayed hot and a natural leader. Snap count???? Haha haha, you smoking the crack pipe too much. And next year, Flores will go with the best man out of camp and stay with what’s working be it Rosen, Fitz etc.
Do you know how football works?

Your post is just dumb. Nothing more than that can describe it. They went with the hot hand and he stayed hot and a natural leader. Snap count???? Haha haha, you smoking the crack pipe too much. And next year, Flores will go with the best man out of camp and stay with what’s working be it Rosen, Fitz etc.
Do you know how football works?

Instead of jumping on one comment without context read the whole damn thread before doing your pseudo internet tough guy act.

Instead of jumping on one comment without context read the whole damn thread before doing your pseudo internet tough guy act.

I’m not an internet tough guy, I’m just pointing out why your post was dumb. Snap count had nothing to do with it and it’s been stated so by our coach and his reasons. Do you actually follow the Dolphins? If you did you’d know why Flores went and stayed with Fitz. Come on dude, at least dont make things up.

Miami taking a chance on a QB that was highly rated coming out college the year before is not a problem.

That Miami hasn't taken more chances like this to improve the QB position the past 20 years has been a problem.

At this point, you can only say the trade for Rosen was a bad one. at the time it seemed a solid risk but if Rosen is the best he seems it is a bad trade and the Drake or other trades have nothing to do with it being good or bad.
It still could work out and maybe Rosen becomes a good qb. That is the only way it works out because Rosen has almost no trade value at this point above maybe a 4th or 5th rounder and that may be generous

That's the GM who did not want to move last January for a QB, did not take Lock or Haskins, instead he traded for Josh Rosen, and drafted Wikins. That's our genius.
And here we are in January again, and he is at it again, stealing paychecks, fkn around.

Rosen, IMO, can be the opposite smoke screen. Miami can start feeding people Rosen has improved greatly and will be in the running to knock RF out as starter. Now there is less certainty Miami will take a QB at #5. Uncertainty is a friend.

No team is buying that b******* they saw exactly what we thought of Rosen when we kept his ass on the bench for the entire season after the first part of the year.

I hated the Rosen trade when I first heard the rumors and I hated it once it actually happened.

Nothing has happened since to make me hate it less.

I may be wrong, but it seems as though many of those that were ok with it at the time are now admitting it was a poor trade.

I still contend that the Dolphins could have held out and landed him for less than a 2nd. That’s what irritated me the most.

I hated the Rosen trade when I first heard the rumors and I hated it once it actually happened.

Nothing has happened since to make me hate it less.

I may be wrong, but it seems as though many of those that were ok with it at the time are now admitting it was a poor trade.

I still contend that the Dolphins could have held out and landed him for less than a 2nd. That’s what irritated me the most.

I actually thought the trade was ok but thought we could have gave a third round pick instead. anyone thinking we could get a second now is smoking crack. I would rather keep him if we are not getting much back.

thats hilarious. forget about that 2nd rd pick, it was drake for rosen... nah, bruh, it was drake and a 2nd for rosen, and we got ****** on that deal.
If you don't factor in the 2nd round swap with NO your missing the point. That deal netted us another 2nd so we could make the Rosen trade without fear of failure because we re-couped the pick, albeit a year later. If your just looking at the 5th round swap with Drake for Rosen you miss the point and you would not make a GM in the NFL. You playing checkers, Grier playing chess...

Terrible trade. People that think you gotta take shots like that are fools. Take shots sure, but make good trades please.

We traded away a valuable 2nd round pick that could’ve been the current starting center for the Saints, for a QB that NO ONE wanted in the nfl. The Cards were probably praying they could trade him for any thing and we come in and just give up a second rounder LOL.

Back
Top Bottom