Info about the trade that landed Rosen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Info about the trade that landed Rosen

Terrible trade. People that think you gotta take shots like that are fools. Take shots sure, but make good trades please.

We traded away a valuable 2nd round pick that could’ve been the current starting center for the Saints, for a QB that NO ONE wanted in the nfl. The Cards were probably praying they could trade him for any thing and we come in and just give up a second rounder LOL.
In your opinion... Geesh, friggin rookie posers

I don't get the rationalization that the Dolphins lost on this trade in the same sense that others do.

Some on here want the team to take Tua regardless of his medical tests and hopeful that he will be able to participate in pre-draft workouts and are saying (in a nutshell) "Take a chance. You can't win if you don't take a big risk". But they they crap on the team for taking a chance with Rosen, a top 10 pick the prior year, but at a much lower cost. I am not writing off Rosen just yet - let's see how the off season and then training camp go before we consider that a failed transaction.

This and the fact that we are paying Rosen less than a backup QB averages in the NFL because the Cards had to pick up most of his contract.

It really was a no brainer deal.

If you don't factor in the 2nd round swap with NO your missing the point. That deal netted us another 2nd so we could make the Rosen trade without fear of failure because we re-couped the pick, albeit a year later. If your just looking at the 5th round swap with Drake for Rosen you miss the point and you would not make a GM in the NFL. You playing checkers, Grier playing chess...
did we or did we not trade arizona a 2nd round pick?
grier is the one that traded for josh rosen. that seems way more like checkers than chess.

If you did you’d know why Flores went and stayed with Fitz.
Flores flat out told the media he couldnt go in front of the team and tell them Rosen will start with a straight face... That should tell you how far behind Rosen truly is from starting for an NFL team.

I've come to find that anyone/anything that threatens even the core belief of Tua in Miami is bound to be attacked by all able-bodied, mobile forces

Too early to write the book on the Rosen trade, imo. He doesn't look like a starter but they may end up getting their back-up out of the deal.
also, in giving up that 2nd round pick, they received 2 things. One may still bring a great player.

Flores flat out told the media he couldnt go in front of the team and tell them Rosen will start with a straight face... That should tell you how far behind Rosen truly is from starting for an NFL team.

No he did not. Provide a link to that quote please. Don’t ignore my response

I know you didn't ask me but he's probably referring to this:

"...That very question was posed to Flores during his Wednesday presser as it appears like Miami will be sticking with Fitz over the final two regular season games.

"I guess my first thought is if we feel like that's the best thing for us – and we do for us to win on Sunday – I think that is in the best interest of this team," Flores noted. "I think – and this is philosophically, I think people will feel differently about it – I think that any time – you always want to give yourself the best opportunity to win. I think it's easy for people to sit and say 'you should do this or that, or this or that.' I don't think those same people will stand in front of that group and say 'this is in the best interest of the team, for us to win this week..."

"I think it's easy for people to sit and say you should do this or that," Flores said, via the Palm Beach Post. "I don't think those same people would stand in front of that group and say, 'Hey, this is in the best interest of the team, for us to win this week.' And that's no knock on Josh. Maybe you think that's in the best interest. But you're not in front of this team every day. You're not in the trenches. And a lot of people aren't."

Read between the lines, brah.

"I think it's easy for people to sit and say you should do this or that," Flores said, via the Palm Beach Post. "I don't think those same people would stand in front of that group and say, 'Hey, this is in the best interest of the team, for us to win this week.' And that's no knock on Josh. Maybe you think that's in the best interest. But you're not in front of this team every day. You're not in the trenches. And a lot of people aren't."

Read between the lines, brah.

The key to that is in rent's reply > "Miami will be sticking with Fitz over the final two regular season games."
I don't see that so much as a comment against Rosen as Flo's desire to win "meaningless games."
Again from rent's post > "for us to win this week..." I see no evidence it indicates how far behind Rosen is? Although, I suspect he is behind.

They key for me is "in front of this team". You cannot pronounce the games 'meaningless' to the rest of the team and start the guy they all know reduces their chances of winning.

They key for me is "in front of this team". You cannot pronounce the games 'meaningless' to the rest of the team and start the guy they all know reduces their chances of winning.

Correct. To Flo and the 53, there are NO meaningless games. Players are human. 'guys, we can either start Fitz and you know how he plays, or we can start Rosen who will be a question mark. we want to win. who is your preference.'

The key to that is in rent's reply > "Miami will be sticking with Fitz over the final two regular season games."
I don't see that so much as a comment against Rosen as Flo's desire to win "meaningless games."
Again from rent's post > "for us to win this week..." I see no evidence it indicates how far behind Rosen is? Although, I suspect he is behind.
If he was close to Fitz I don't think he would have a problem facing his team, telling them that he's starting Rosen for the best chance to win, and have them believe him.

I mean, all of the offseason reports were about the grand canyon-sized gap between Fitz and Rosen as a QB, so by the end of the season if Rosen was still not close enough to even have it be an option, then where was his growth?

Back
Top Bottom