Ireland talks Chad Henne and the Wide Receiver Position | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland talks Chad Henne and the Wide Receiver Position

sure...i only had a minute of his time but he seemed to talk about the seniors primarily...

when i asked about dez bryant he said he liked him but didn't think he'd be around...i asked about eric berry he said he was a very good player but again wouldn't be around he loved suh was real high on him but again did not think he'd make it to us...

i asked him flat out who he preferred at ilb rolando mcclain or brandon spikes he said spikes which surprised me he said spikes was a very physical player...maybe he hasn't spent much time on underclassmen yet thus he seemed to talk more about the seniors...

also when i brought up wrs the first name he said was brandon lafell liked him alot

he brought up jermaine gresham liked him alot i asked about hernandez the te from florida he said he didn't know if he was a fit for us...

i asked him about golden tate he said "he doesn't always catch the ball"

i asked about ras i dowling cb uva he said he was "ok"

he was very high on a nose tackle prospect from north carolina he didn't say a name not sure if he was talking unc or just the state of north carolina called him "a heck of a player" my guess now is cam thomas from unc...

when he talked about the wrs he turned to mr ross and said "and for you mr ross a wr" cause ross was talking about the wr need when i was at the table

the way he came across nt is high on the wish list and he seemed to be very very high on jermaine gresham and suh and lafell as that was the first wr he mentioned

i came away thinking gresham will be in consideration with our first round pick and the nose cam thomas and lafell are on the list at some point as well

Very nice. Wouldn't be upset with taking Gresham with the first and trying to get Lafell in the second, which is very likely IMO.

Thanks for the insight.

at the same time i'm smart enough to realize that ireland could have just fed me lines in our conversation...so take from it what you will

at the same time i'm smart enough to realize that ireland could have just fed me lines in our conversation...so take from it what you will

Which is what most people would do. But you never know.

this offseason we have to spend some money on a real deal player , a "name"

I want one of (Mcclain, Spikes, Cody, Dez Bryant, Damien Williams, Gresham) in the 1st (assuming guys like Berry and Suh are long gone) Maybe we trade down in the 1st and get Gresham and a 2nd. use the 2 seconds on LB's and NT in the 3rd.

I doubt we get any big names in FA. We'll get good enough WR's to be a solid offense. We're a defensive running team. Our D may look bad statistically, but we're rebuilding.

nice.. were def getting reciever upgrade........... prob use our 1st rounder and trade for a vet

i'd definitely be interested in seeing what kind of contract antonio bryant is looking for...

but i'm gonna guess its big money

Very nice. Wouldn't be upset with taking Gresham with the first and trying to get Lafell in the second, which is very likely IMO.

Thanks for the insight.
LaFell won't be around in the second round. He'll be gone in the top 25. I hope he falls to Miami. He is a Parcells kind of layer. Big, good hands, PHYSICAL downfield, solid route running and can stretch the field.

sure...i only had a minute of his time but he seemed to talk about the seniors primarily...

when i asked about dez bryant he said he liked him but didn't think he'd be around...i asked about eric berry he said he was a very good player but again wouldn't be around he loved suh was real high on him but again did not think he'd make it to us...

i asked him flat out who he preferred at ilb rolando mcclain or brandon spikes he said spikes which surprised me he said spikes was a very physical player...maybe he hasn't spent much time on underclassmen yet thus he seemed to talk more about the seniors...

also when i brought up wrs the first name he said was brandon lafell liked him alot

he brought up jermaine gresham liked him alot i asked about hernandez the te from florida he said he didn't know if he was a fit for us...

i asked him about golden tate he said "he doesn't always catch the ball"

i asked about ras i dowling cb uva he said he was "ok"

he was very high on a nose tackle prospect from north carolina he didn't say a name not sure if he was talking unc or just the state of north carolina called him "a heck of a player" my guess now is cam thomas from unc...

when he talked about the wrs he turned to mr ross and said "and for you mr ross a wr" cause ross was talking about the wr need when i was at the table

the way he came across nt is high on the wish list and he seemed to be very very high on jermaine gresham and suh and lafell as that was the first wr he mentioned

i came away thinking gresham will be in consideration with our first round pick and the nose cam thomas and lafell are on the list at some point as well

I've been on the Gresham bandwagon for a while now. People talk about WR being a huge need and it is but I believe TE is equally important this off-season. A pass catching TE would do wonders for this offense. Give Henne a nice security blanket and a great red zone target. My ideal draft would consist of Gresham and defense!

this offseason we have to spend some money on a real deal player , a "name"

That's worked out real well for the Redskins. The Fins haven't had much luck with higher priced free agents. See: Wilford and Wilson...Great teams are built through the draft, use free agency for fill a few areas of immediate need and depth. Make your draft picks count.

Back
Top Bottom